Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind (Remastered reissue)

The label Temporary Residence is doing a remastered re-issue of Mono's Hymn to the Immortal Wind and it's apparently remastered from the original analog master tapes. Available formats are a deluxe CD edition and a deluxe 2xLP edition (with 1,000 copies on colored vinyl).

Ships around mid June.

The packaging for the vinyl sounds amazing. The cover is die-cut with gold foil and exchangeable cover inserts. Can't wait to hear it too as I've always thought the original master sounded a bit flat and lacking dynamics.

Buy

TRR348LP-C1_ColoredVinyl_HI-RES_640x.jpg?v=1557598884

Listen

Edited by ghost

Anyone listened to the remastering yet? I'm only 1 track in and it sounds LOADS better. A lot less muddy and the high ends sound much more prominent. The original mastering I thought pushed the lower frequencies too loud, but I'm not feeling that here. Would be interesting to compare to the original and see if there are any nuances lost because of this.

I'm glad this wasn't some quick and sloppy effort but a true remastering done with care. Check it out here:

https://monoofjapan.bandcamp.com/album/hymn-to-the-immortal-wind-anniversary-edition

Edited by ghost

Sign in to follow this