suji

ex-ゴシップ (Gossip) members new band "NICOLAS" has formed

Their first single「真昼の蜃気楼」(Mahiru no shinkirou) will be released at their live on 2019.07.01. (1080 yen)

Tracklist :

1.真昼の蜃気楼(Mahiru no shinkirou)

2.遮断(Shadan)

jacket_image.jpg

Edited by The Piass

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

That actually came out a lot better than I expected. Nice catchy song.

Cover art is horrendous tho, lmao.

Agreed. The song sounds great, but the cover art looks like if Sephiroth beat Cloud.

I'm glad they're no longer pressured to cosplay-clown other bands in the scene in a reductive recycled ains act, but their current personality as a band has all the quirks and flavors you'd expect from a jug of tap water, stale wonderbread pack and some pebble-stones mixed together and pushed down the juicer. I hope their other stuff isn't as forgettable, bc. I don't even actually despise this as much as I expected to.

the 2002 deviantart hell is strong with that cover art tho

It sounds nice but I hope they'll still do some heavier/messier stuff that Gossip used to do too. That cover art looks terrible though lol

i would love the cover art but that guy's face is totally fucked up. the idea of demons in the urban landscape gives me strong megami tensei vibes, so i feel strangely attracted to it.

the girl is kinda cute and reminds me of high pixie....

Edited by yomii

Very cool song. Seems well written and well executed. I most liked the singing and the countermelodic bass line at the chorus.

Btw, I'm surprised nobody actually mentioned the similarities with late R-shitei funky A-side's. 

I hope Gossip's stab at more popular sounding VK works for them, saku's vocal melodies sound great and they should dethrone uhhh all of resistar and r-shitty

I really couldn't care less what the cover art looks like, but I think the song sounds quite nice.

Edited by sakuran

I really like the song. It sounds a lot more polished than what I expected. It's not as chaotic as Gossip, but I think this is their way of trying to build their own identity. That cover art is something else though. Like something a high school garage band would come up with. 

Absolutely great track,nice to see them trying new things,but at the same time it's not so different.I bet that they have some mad tracks in the gossip style,but I wanna see where they can go with this matured sound. The artwork is quite interesting, better than many others I've seen on vk releases recently.

they basically pulled a dezert with the ''dude we're a j-indie band now btw lol'' sound it seems

somehow i like the singer guy's voice more here than in gossip tho idk why

this is kiiiinda boring, but it's still good enough? idk I hope the rest of their stuff turns out to be good

i never really liked gossip that much, but that song is so good?  that guitar thing in the beginning had me hyped af.  more please.

Setslist at 2019/07/01 at Takadanobaba AREA :

『真昼の蜃気楼』(1st Single 表題曲)

『死考回路』

『SACRIFICE』

『「廃論破」』

『Jesus Phobia』

『パラノイアドフィロソフィ』

『ECHO OF SILENCE』

『INSANITY NIGHTMARE』

『セピア』

『遮断』(1st Single 収録曲)

-ENCORE-

『死考回路』

『「廃論破」』

『死考回路』

『遮断』

『INSANITY NIGHTMARE』

『迷惑÷好意』

『悪童会-クソッタレ行進曲-』

they have a lot of song !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWFzDb7Ve8vZmbCa4jZBdsQ/videos uhhhh i just noticed this channel has a bunch of nicolas live footage lol, im not sure if the band is cool with this (probably not lets be honest) but hey if you wanna check out some of the other songs since there's only like 4 available out there 

just realized its just snippets of each song but still better than nothing 

Edited by chipathy