Piyu Kotodama

Hueye release two singles 「Anesthesia」and 「蝋燭とブラックアウト」

Hueye has announced the release of two singles at their oneman at Shinjuku Dues today.

Both will be released on 2019.10.2 and will cost 2000¥ (tax out) each

「Anesthesia」

1.Anesthesia

2.存在証明 (sonzai shoumei)

3.加虐行為 (kagyaku koui)

DVD:

「Anesthesia」Music Video

「蝋燭とブラックアウト」 (rousoku to blackout)

1.蝋燭とブラックアウト

2.お願い。(onegai)

3.被虐行為 (higyaku koui)

DVD:

「蝋燭とブラックアウト」Music Video

Band will also hold their second one-man live at Ikebukuro Black Hole on 2019.8.23 for free

HUEYE12001.jpg

Edited by Piyu Kotodama

These guys grew on me really fast. Their guitarist is a total shredder and the vocalist has some great pipes!!

really liked their first single except that i think it weren't necessarily needed to have a guitar solo in every single song but i got used to it so more from them is very welcome!

Meh, the first single sounded way better.

The production on this one seems pretty bad which is weird cause the mix on their first release was ok and IIIRD have a decent production too and they're part of the same label 🤔

Not as great as I may have hoped, but at least it's just a clip. I think there's a boatload of talent in this band, just want to see it "fully realized." Hope they stick around and keep at it.

Vocal mix is pretty weird, off-tune overlapping vocal tracks aren't flattering lol. Melodies sound good though, reminds me a lot of when fixer were actually good.

At first listen, the impact isn't impressive as their first MV, but I find both songs pretty solid.

"Anesthesia" has a lots of good moments, especially that breakdown towards the end in which Nao really shines. but overall it kinda feels a bit...disjointed? In some parts Nao sounds slightly pitchy even, which is a shame because I consider him a really strong vocalist and I like his voice a lot. The chorus is a bit predictably pop-synthy. But overall I quite enjoyed it. Maybe it's gonna take me a couple more listens to really get into it, but it's not bad at all.

The second one is a bit of a departure from their usual sound, but it's quite fun.  The jazzy-electro swing vibe is really catchy and and Nao's vocals are on point. Defintely enjoyable, even though I kinda prefer stuff like the first one from them.

But yeah, their style is defintely up my alley and I keep on digging them quite a bit, they're definitely a band to keep an eye on.

3 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

THIS - and OMG Nao's voice is just A+++

His voice is definitely among the best in the current scene and the defining element of Hueye, he really is amazing!

The first MV is really underwhelming. While Nao sounds great, I wish there was a bit more power or emotion behind his singing. He sounded quite monotone throughout the song.

The second MV is much better! Really love how they’re already trying to explore with different sounds. Makes me excited to hear the rest of the single!

I'm not really sure what to make of this band. All three of their PVs so far sound totally different. ._. I keep listening to the three songs trying to make sense of it and I'm still not too sure what to expect from this band, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not. I liked their first PV quite a bit, although it definitely needs some work here and there it showed they have a lot of potential, and I like the vocalist! It has touches of art-kei in there almost, with a majority visual-kei esque sound (?) which is a mix that sounds pretty cool. I was assuming that was going to be their overall sound as a band, but now idk. Their second PV is like...really generic sounding imo and a bit of a disappointment. That third one is weird because it has that brass band trope happening but also a bit of their sound that was present in the first PV so it comes out as a bit of an interesting mix but I don't hate it at all! I think they have a lot of potential for sure, but they may benefit by regrouping and trying to pin down their goals musically a bit more. I love how awkward their guitarist looks tho, he looks like he doesn't want to be there lol. And the vocalist trying so hard to be sexy I cry. I'm gonna keep an eye out for them for sure tho. :')