suji

ヴィルシーナ (Verxina) new single, "カルト" (Cult) release

Not really convinced by this song... i like everything but that chorus is a very weak point that breaks the whole... 

I have the impression that all their songs have great moments but the chorus is often disappointing... >< (just my opinion)

Edited by lstknt3b

6 hours ago, Disposable said:

halp someone make me like this band because they do everything kind of in a way I always wanted but I just can't get into them 

Turn ur brain off and just enjoy the chaotic hot mess it is 

i really LOVED their first full length but at least from my first impression after the first listen i like this song a as well but i don't really like the main synth cuz it sounds quite boring imo... so i hope after a few more listens i'll get used to them but if not well opportunity to save some money spotted, we'll see... XD

Edit: well like 10 listens later i got quite used to the main synth and i don't mind them anymore... so excitement for the release restored i guess.

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

I've never tried Verxina before because of who-knows, but the constant bump of this thread in the Activity list of today made me realize the number of active people here on MH who stans it... So I decided to give it an opportunity, listened to the video above... and, honestly -and, please, don't kill me- not only I couldn't get interested in it, but I actually found the song to be completely awful. Like, in so many ways: sloppy writing, low quality recording, painful vocals, and the whole emphasis on puting as many old-school clichés as possible... The visual were pretty boring, too. Nothing really new, since most indie bands in the last 10 years sound the same, but I can't but ask myself why many of you (who support actually quality acts, like Kizu or Dimlim) seem to be "excited" about this band 🤔

Edited by saiko

Love the new look ❤️

Really like the song too, it's exactly what I was expecting. Honestly, this is one of those bands that I can't really tell if they're actually really good or just so bad that they're accidentally good. Like others have said, their music is quite a mess, and I personally find the vocalist's voice a bit weird but I still can't stop listening to their stuff. I loved their full length album a ton, I love this shit already a lot, keep it coming pls.

11 hours ago, saiko said:

I've never tried Verxina before because of who-knows, but the constant bump of this thread in the Activity list of today made me realize the number of active people here on MH who stans it... So I decided to give it an opportunity, listened to the video above... and, honestly -and, please, don't kill me- not only I couldn't get interested in it, but I actually found the song to be completely awful. Like, in so many ways: sloppy writing, low quality recording, painful vocals, and the whole emphasis on puting as many old-school clichés as possible... The visual were pretty boring, too. Nothing really new, since most indie bands in the last 10 years sound the same, but I can't but ask myself why many of you (who support actually quality acts, like Kizu or Dimlim) seem to be "excited" about this band 🤔

I think if you don't like them at their most accessible you probably won't get into their sound at all:

but I sneak this track in-between other less polished vrxn songs to get more oomph and more longevity out of their playlist

on the other hand I can't get into kizu at all, they sound straight like mediocre major matenrou opera w/o their strong indie start tbh

ps: delete the bolded

There first single 妄執 was the best so far i dont know if anyone can agree. Its just too good. There other songs are honestlly all over the place. I can understand some division on what people like best.

22 minutes ago, Axius said:

There first single 妄執 was the best so far i dont know if anyone can agree. Its just too good. There other songs are honestlly all over the place. I can understand some division on what people like best.

It goes

1. 人間不信

2. 依存

3. カルト 

For me personally 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:35 PM, chipathy said:

It goes

1. 人間不信

2. 依存

3. カルト 

For me personally 

人間不信 is my absolute favorite head banging song from ヴィルシーナ :3