Sign in to follow this  
Siyu's Melon Bread

How do you get your VK albums?

I was just wondering where people have been getting their albums.

I've been looking on Ebay for mine but they're kind of expensive or they just don't have them available.

Especially the albums that come with extra photo sets or postcards.

Edited by Siyu's Melon Bread

imean depends, im assuming you mean physical cds? so far mine have came from 3rd party sellers on amazon but a few people i know use cdjapan to get their cds 

all my 3rd party sellers have delivered mine on time. i wouldnt trust ebay getting anything imo

specifically cd's always cdjapan, if a band isnt selling on there, theres usually pretty easy (but expensive ways) of getting it through a proxy 

I buy my albums from CD Japan  ☺️

If an European edition exist, I buy via Amazon or FNAC or Cultura or manga shop ( it's so rare nowdays).

I buy my album from Yesasia a long time ago too.

I buy sometimes digital music from Amazon.

Edited by Miku70

To add to the list, I also buy my CDs from Brand-X, which usually comes with photosets/comment DVDs for pre-orders, and doesn't require a shopping service since they deliver overseas. If it's second-hand/used CDs, I buy it from ClosetChild since they also take orders from overseas.

I think most my cd's are from like an edison since they've usually had the best preorder bonuses. Sometimes I've also used cdjapan, and some older or rarer stuffs I've gotten from yahoo auctions or mercari.

CDJapan for me as well, although I have to want it really bad to buy a physical copy since the exchange rate is not very good recently.

I've bought some Jrock CDs at my local anime convention as well (some new in the dealer's room and some used at the flea market event), but not many people are selling VK or music merch there in recent years.

CDJapan, closetchild and I use proxies like FromJapan to get stuff from places like Puresound, Zeallink, Little Hearts etc. Recently I've tried WhiteRabbit to get a cd off Mercari, everything  seems to have gone well so far but we'll see when it actually gets here🙏

14 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I think most my cd's are from like an edison since they've usually had the best preorder bonuses. Sometimes I've also used cdjapan, and some older or rarer stuffs I've gotten from yahoo auctions or mercari.

You use proxy for like an edison? Didn't know they shipped overseas...??

15 hours ago, Marchen said:

I used to buy it from CDJapan, but nowadays the shipping is way too expensive + taxes we have to pay when the stuff arrives

Yeah I feel you on that, get hit with customs charges and all that almost every time I order with CDJapan, though occasionally a package will get through without customs checks. That said, I do still use CDJapan most as they are the best service for getting Japanese music overseas to be fair. Sometimes closetchild for stuff that's OOP or live only etc... Though some of that is dumb expensive, NAZARE CD's 9,900 yen for the full length and BEYOND atm.... Yeah right.... But someone will pay it, already seen the full length go a few times on there for that price.

Otherwise I just wait until I visit Japan and raid all the shops that do vkei I can find. Usually Tower Records or Like an Edison, though have stopped in LittleHearts and Zeal-link on occasion. Is pricey this way too, but you save a shit load on customs charges and postage so it is worth it.  

13 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

You use proxy for like an edison? Didn't know they shipped overseas...??

Yeah, I use proxies ^^ Forgot to mention it.

If it's something new, I prefer CDJapan. Never disappointed me for the past 13-14 years.

If it's something used (and potentially more indies-vk), I ordered a bunch of times from Closet Child and Brand-X. This was yeaaaars ago tho, so idk how their level of service is nowadays. Once or twice I tried Yahoo Japan Auctions, but only for very cheap used items (like literally 100-500yen) because the proxy shipping fees can get wild.

Forgot to mention HMV Japan is a pretty good shout really as they ship overseas as well. Usually they don't have much Vkei that's not on CDJapan but sometimes they do so it's worth checking out if you're after something particular.

Sign in to follow this