Manji 卍

Gulu Gulu

that's very eroguro,indeed lol 

even his name (hotaru-chan) made me think of midori-chan from the suehiro stories (could be a refecence?)

Edited by Manji 卍

Thoughts on the first single so far? 不味い麻酔 and Rubra are probably my two favorite tracks off the whole thing, but i'm actually even beginning to warm up to the a-side after hearing the full thing in hq now

I haven't really got the hang of the single yet (granted, I'm only through with one listen, lol).

不味い麻酔 is the only song whose style is the closest to my preference, but even that one is kinda "heard it all before, and better". Dunno.

It's cool-ish, although now it's still promises yet unfulfilled but we're getting there. The title track is my favourite and it shows the most stylistic development from the Ktk sound with some core techniques put into it. The rest are straddling a line between where that track is and Kuroyuri ( rudra sounds eerily close to some ktk tracks even? ) 

Where I hope this band will develop is in line that with that I know of Mei already. He seems to have a good aesthetic and all this retro jpop eroguro shit he's dabbled in sounds fucking great to me. Bring it on etc. 

tldr I am happy. I like it.

Rubra sounds almost like a revamp of チャイルドマザー but...not similar enough to make me bored about it, plus I don't get tired of his softer singing voice.
嗅覚障害 I knew would be my fav cause I'm so weak for bass...do wish it had a little more going on in the middle but boy it makes my heart go, also that squeaky chant at the end lol...sure it was Kyo inspired but it sounds more like Die Antwoord.
不味い麻酔 is just good solid KYTK sound.

変なメリーゴーランド I really expected to not like much at all from hearing the LQ samples...but now with proper EQ I actually dig it (just don't want all songs to go in that direction), the parts where 哀 is singing sound great, if it just had less of that dad aroma break core shit it'd probably be my favorite. The part from 1:40~2:05, I LOVE to death, it sounds like something I've heard before but I can't place where from-maybe Them Crooked Vultures, yep that's it fuck I hope there will be more of that in the future.

嗅覚障害 for me was my favourite. It has a nice groove, a mix of melodic and harsh vocals, and I fucking love those growls he does throughout the song.

At first, I kinda expected 不味い麻酔 to sound like Zakuro no Uta by Memento Mori, because Mei reused the "Korose Korose Korose" lyrics in the original live version, but the current version lacks those and kinda sounds like Misui, but with a Memento Mori sounding chorus, which I love. The tone of his voice even resembled the way he used to sing in Memento Mori. I just kinda wish he used the korose 3x growls like he did live, but hey, I'm not gonna complain when it's a solid song.

Rubra was interesting. I felt like it was a cross between Hesonoo and Child Mother.

変なメリーゴーランド managed to really impress me. It kinda sounds almost like Kiryu, which is funny because Mei used to be hammered by Kiryu fans for vaguely resembling Mahiro, even though their vocal styles are much different, and aesthetic-wise, Mei is much more inspired by Ruki, Daisuke and Kyo. Also, the only similarities Memento Mori ever had with Kiryu is traditional Japanese instruments, but I'm going on a tangent.

Overall, I'm very pleased and I'm so happy to see Mei make music again. I feel this is the perfect comeback for him.

Edited by Himeaimichu

I really like the title track but the rest sounds like less dark ktk stuff (but not as good) with some quirky menhera stuff thrown in the mix. It would be interesting to see who composed most of it because none of it sounds like kazari who would be sort of wasted in this band playing this kind of music. I could be wrong though, still gonna look forward to what they do next because mei is great 🤔

Edited by Tanishi

I like the release as a whole and Mei sounds amazing, as usual. But there hasn't been a single moment that really stood out to me. Feels like a bit of a step down from both KtK and llll-ligro (that especially). I'm hoping for more input from Kazari, I need his more complex compositions.

i'm familiar with this single,sounds like stuff KTK did on their second mini and last two singles,but less obscure.

i remember when the KTK's second mini came i really missed a ballad and Rubra would fit perfectly in there.

変なメリーゴーランド is the most original Gulu Gulu track in the single,imo. 

Didn't see any MM influence,unfortunately,hope in the future they can go for the Angura Kei style.

Edited by Manji 卍

Finally got around to checking out the single (thanks to whoever it was who shared it on here) as I didn't want to buy it based on how little I'd heard of them, but this band are actually pretty damn cool. Definitely interested in seeing how they progress as this is a promising start! Heavy and catchy tunes with a twist of weirdness all sits well with me. haha.

嗅覚障害 and Rubra are defs my favorite tracks especially 嗅覚障害, that fucking Yuuga Shouya chant was invigorating, this track gives me those KTK b side feels. Rubra gives me KTK and slight llll-Ligro- Vibes. I kinda expected too much which is why I was kinda disappointed but not really, and by expected too much I mean hearing Mei/Ai sing over scrapped llll-Ligro- compositions but then I remember Hinata was the main composer for llll-Ligro- sooo...yea but I'm hyped for the next release I feel that they have a whole bunch of potential to mix everything in a cauldron from their previous bands. Which is why I can't wait for an album.