4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also, the fuck kind of name is Bataar?! I know many VK bands have dumbass names but this one just makes me laugh

It sounds like a black metal band name for me

4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also, the fuck kind of name is Bataar?!

https://www.thenamemeaning.com/bataar/

unless @Endigo has a better explanation

10 hours ago, suji said:

Bataar last song, "THE FINAL TRAIN" will be released on 9/11................👀

artwork is designed by DADA (yeah THAT one :)))

EC1riy5U0AAcfsv?format=jpg&name=small

this is such a perfect end point for a rip-off band going out w. a derivative, uninspired-ass rip-off release cover

Edited by nekkichi

4 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Could we get a band with Endigo, Kisaki, and Wataru? 

If you're talking about Liphlich Wataru, he's already making a fool of himself in that punk ass band Crazy Punk Kid... which isn't even punk at all.

1 minute ago, suji said:

If you're talking about Liphlich Wataru, he's already making a fool of himself in that punk ass band Crazy Punk Kid... which isn't even punk at all.

Never heard of that band lol. I was talking about 12012 Wataru

About time. These guys were terrible from the beginning and they only had one decent song, which of course Patrik didn't write. They went full retard and tried to jump on the VK bandwagon 10 years too late, they put all of their effort into laughable music videos (sorry, "PV'S"), and the only decent singer they ever had left because he couldn't stand this gay weeb shit.

Bataar went the direction it did, I think, because Patrik wanted an avenue into rubbing shoulders with people that could get him closer to meeting Kaoru of Dir en grey. That's all this was. They took the VK look to make themselves more marketable to VK fans in Japan. They played a show (or two) in Japan and even did an entire set of Dir en grey covers during one performance. Everything about these guys was fraudulent. Their music, their style -- everything was fake.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:39 AM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also, the fuck kind of name is Bataar?!

Patrik and I were chummy several years ago, and because of his obsession with Dir en grey they created the name "Bataar" to mirror the mystique surrounding "Dir en grey". He told me there was a "deeper meaning" to "Bataar" and that maybe one day we'd discover it. blah blah blah. All the nonsense Dir en grey spouts and he aped that too. He aped Kaoru's style, his guitars, his appearance live, his movements live -- this guy was a shameless Kaoru fanboy and all it did was make me cringe. After that first EP I stopped listening to these guys, and I SURE AS HELL wasn't going to listen to them with another Swedish weeb as a vocalist. Fucking christ.

23 minutes ago, geist said:

About time. These guys were terrible from the beginning and they only had one decent song, which of course Patrik didn't write. They went full retard and tried to jump on the VK bandwagon 10 years too late, they put all of their effort into laughable music videos (sorry, "PV'S"), and the only decent singer they ever had left because he couldn't stand this gay weeb shit.

Bataar went the direction it did, I think, because Patrik wanted an avenue into rubbing shoulders with people that could get him closer to meeting Kaoru of Dir en grey. That's all this was. They took the VK look to make themselves more marketable to VK fans in Japan. They played a show (or two) in Japan and even did an entire set of Dir en grey covers during one performance. Everything about these guys was fraudulent. Their music, their style -- everything was fake.

Patrik and I were chummy several years ago, and because of his obsession with Dir en grey they created the name "Bataar" to mirror the mystique surrounding "Dir en grey". He told me there was a "deeper meaning" to "Bataar" and that maybe one day we'd discover it. blah blah blah. All the nonsense Dir en grey spouts and he aped that too. He aped Kaoru's style, his guitars, his appearance live, his movements live -- this guy was a shameless Kaoru fanboy and all it did was make me cringe. After that first EP I stopped listening to these guys, and I SURE AS HELL wasn't going to listen to them with another Swedish weeb as a vocalist. Fucking christ.

Pffffffffffffft. Bruh, Dir En Grey is a wayyyy more creative name. 

Also, the whole #ReserectVK thing was stupid lmao. What was Patrik like as a person?

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

I love how this band tries so hard to be like Diru like @geist said and fail miserably.

Like you can be inspired by them by all means, but damn Patrik really is trying so damn hard to be like Diru it hurts. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Had an opportunity to hear them live. It was bad... The music was listenable but the vocalist (that weeb one) couldn't hit a single note and I was glad they played only three songs but it was three too much for me anyway.

Edited by ShTon

3 minutes ago, ShTon said:

Had an opportunity to hear them live. It was bad... The music was listenable but the vocalist (that weeb one) couldn't hit a single note and I was glad they played only three songs but it was three too much for me anyway.

Did you walk out?

On 9/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, geist said:

Bataar went the direction it did, I think, because Patrik wanted an avenue into rubbing shoulders with people that could get him closer to meeting Kaoru of Dir en grey. That's all this was. They took the VK look to make themselves more marketable to VK fans in Japan. 

I was pretty naive at first to not think this was the case why he left. But it makes sense now, especially with how they explained it in that video. Ironically enough, it does seem like recruiting Endigo was a desperation call cuz ol boy left right when they already had the upcoming shows and whatnot lined up. And he was the only vocalist they could find.

Also the later part of the post is correct. Don’t forget that they did get a new bassist and slapped Toshiya’s ESP EDWARDS RU model on him. And if I remember correctly, They even managed to get a distribution deal or something with Firewall?

Edited by Ro plz