anadentone

Failed or Forgotten Solo/side projects

it's the vk rule- someone needs to do a solo or side project so anyone remembers any failed solo albums or sucky "i'm working some some other guys" projects?

Rui (Screw)- his solo sucked and I guess his jewelry is good?

Yoshiki- too many to name

Kyo (dir en grey) -five finger death punch thing was weird

so anyone else knows of any?

Did Twelve Apostles actually do anything? They're the project Chobi and Satoshi (ex-DIV) started after DIV's disbandment, but I don't think they released anything at all (I mean, Chobi's in The Guzmania now and everyone seems pretty excited for that, so he's got bigger things on his plate, anyways). If they did, they went all Umiyuri with it and made it practically impossible to find anything outside of Japan. Speaking of, how is Hitomi (ex-Moran)'s solo project doing?

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

Did Twelve Apostles actually do anything?

They had a series of live events, but yeah i don't think they released anything (I don't care about Div so I'm not sure about this).

13 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Did Twelve Apostles actually do anything? They're the project Chobi and Satoshi (ex-DIV) started after DIV's disbandment, but I don't think they released anything at all (I mean, Chobi's in The Guzmania now and everyone seems pretty excited for that, so he's got bigger things on his plate, anyways). If they did, they went all Umiyuri with it and made it practically impossible to find anything outside of Japan. Speaking of, how is Hitomi (ex-Moran)'s solo project doing?

umiyuri has released a mini and a single IIRC.

both of which are just "ok" which is surprising to me given the ppl he collabs with are pretty accomplished vk songwriters. sigh.

2 minutes ago, The Moon said:

umiyuri has released a mini and a single IIRC.

both of which are just "ok" which is surprising to me given the ppl he collabs with are pretty accomplished vk songwriters. sigh.

Oof, really? Damn, I like Hitomi a lot, so that's disappointing to hear. Do you have a link to them? I haven't been able to find anything thus far.

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Oof, really? Damn, I like Hitomi a lot, so that's disappointing to hear. Do you have a link to them? I haven't been able to find anything thus far.

both where uploaded to mh! just search umiyuri or ウミユリ and they should pop up. if the links are dead dm me and i'll upload them 4 u after work tomorrow (i work at 630 am i should already be in bed smh)

a couple of tracks are art kei bops dont get me wrong but as a moran stan i expected more 😕 

Mr.8 aka Shuu (ex-Girugamesh)'s solo project is somewhat forgettable.

Everyone could tell who's behind Girugamesh's crappy synth/techno sound.

Scarlet Valse's old drummer had a solo project that released 1 song.

Mikaru from Dio had a weird art project where he sold bad paintings and wore an ugly hat

Erina (also from Dio) released one (1) song through Sui's record label

The Unforgiven feat. the guy from MARRY AN BLOOD (I think???)...then again Chateau Agency always tends to shit the bed on artists that aren't Versailles or Kamijo, and I'm glad Kaya and Sui at least got the hell outta there before their careers could get buried

Also there's Raizo's project Lafflesia (before Scarlet Valse) but I think that was mainly a session thing and wasn't a serious band. I would also probably say Jaki (La'veil Mizeria) or maybe Pietoro (ex-Da'vid shito:aL) since nobody's talking about it or sharing shit. Also Mashiro (ex-Paradeis) for obvious reasons lmaoooo RIP

58 minutes ago, NICKT said:

Ice (Eros) from XodiacK and Black Gene for the Next Scene.

Hey, does Black Gene actually counts as a forgettable project? I think I can remember them being something like a VK dream-team, being actually good musicians, having several releases and stuff. I came to really like some of them, too. Rame could look as a creep, but he is a really skilled bassist!

Edited by saiko

3 hours ago, saiko said:

Hey, does Black Gene actually counts as a forgettable project? I think I can remember them being something like a VK dream-team, being actually good musicians, having several releases and stuff. I came to really like some of them, too. Rame could look as a creep, but he is a really skilled bassist!

(S)He talkin' about the solo project of Ice.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:07 AM, Gesu said:

Did Twelve Apostles actually do anything?

On 4/28/2019 at 5:09 AM, suji said:

They had a series of live events, but yeah i don't think they released anything

I think it was supposed to be a limited time thing from the start since live events were named after the apostles.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:02 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Mikaru from Dio had a weird art project where he sold bad paintings and wore an ugly hat

Afaik he's still doing this  from time to time when touring Europe. Minus the ugly hat.

I remember Show (ex. Vaastu) announcing his new project but all I know is that they released one PV and disappeared. 

On 4/28/2019 at 1:52 AM, saiko said:

i think they were pretty forgettable and it's a shame because i expected a lot more out of them since Rame's compositions were always my favourite aspect of Vidoll.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:26 PM, saishuu said:

juka's entire career

Edited by Paraph

2 minutes ago, Paraph said:

i think they were pretty forgettable and it's a shame because i expected a lot more out of them since Rame's compositions were always my favourite aspect of Vidoll.

You know, last week after realizing that I had posted here I returned to them and could confirm that, excluding 'Sakura Trance Destiny', every other track is painful to listen to.