Seelentau

DIR EN GREY announces new Blu-ray/DVD, single, JP, US and EU tour

17 hours ago, Seelentau said:

omg they played Schwein no Isu live 😮

can't wait for their setlists :D

I got to see them play that live in NYC when they played their residency at Gramercy Theater. It was an absolute blast and Kaoru kept playing Die's guitar. You could tell they were all having fun together, which often they're pretty stoic on stage, especially now.

1 minute ago, dannemannen said:

Is it only me or does the new single sound bland? Sounds like an album filler song..

Their samples are generally chosen from the drabbest points of their songs. This isn't the whole thing. My guess is it gets pretty intense later on.

39 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Fun fact: The single song was originally two different songs and I think it was Kyo who suggested to merge them so to create a long song.

THIS. IS. DUMB. IT'S BECAUSE OF SHIT LIKE THIS MANY SUKEKIYO'S SONGS SOUND DISJOINTED.

Edited by EvilHippy

4 hours ago, dannemannen said:

Is it only me or does the new single sound bland? Sounds like an album filler song..

There’s still like 8 minutes we haven’t heard yet

guess it's technically a 4-track maxi single in that case :^)

Hearing the sample for Grief makes we wish they'd go back to more straight forward song writing. Just tighten down on better riffs and gut out all the boring fluff. The repetitive lackluster chugging they've been using since DSS is getting oooold. 

Early buzz indicates this song is pretty much like Vinushka and all their other "long" songs: starts off slow and builds to a fast/heavy section.

The full version has a slightly longer intro... and the heavy breakdown starts where the promotional edit ends. it's a bit of heavy instrumental, then heavy lyrics and screams come into it. Bit of chanting and the usual stuff. Then it rolls out and comes to a pause... Piano instrumental with a kyo acapella.. then builds up again with the drums and back into the final chorus with a bit of a choir chanting at the end. It's really cool

is what I was told by someone who allegedly heard the studio version

Yeah, she goes to another school tho :^)

On 9/11/2019 at 10:57 PM, pingpongdream said:

誰が知る? 本当の私本当の心 誰が見る? 本当の私 抉れた心えずく 仲間に入れて? 交わる今 溶け合いながら 瞳の奥が 白く濁る

手を取って繋ぐ世界 まだ見ぬ未来で腐ろう 交わる程虚しさは私を気づかせてくれるピエロは踊り狂い咲かせたそれは****

手を取って繋ぐ世界 まだ見ぬ未来で腐ろう 交わる程虚しさは私を気づかせてくれるピエロは踊り狂い咲かせたそれはそれは綺麗な華 命を減らす遊戯 遊戯

モザイクかけられた世界 ****らの生きてる世界 そうだ見て見ぬ振りそれがお前口角釣上げ集団リンチで生きてる****感 強要の世界 The world of mercy hypocrisy

情に絡み付*********

lyrics are violent and aggressive.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:40 AM, Seelentau said:

誰が知る? 本当の私 本当の心

Dare ga shiru? Hontō no watashi Hontō no kokoro

誰が見る? 本当の私 抉れた心えずく

Dare ga miru? Hontō no watashi Egureta kokoro ezuku

仲間に入れて?

Nakama ni irete?

交わる今 溶け合いながら 瞳の奥が 白く濁る

Majiwaru ima Tokeai nagara Hitomi no oku ga Shiroku nigoru

誰が知る? 本当の私 本当の心

誰が見る? 本当の私 抉れた心えずく

仲間に入れて?

Nakama ni irete?

交わる今 溶け合いながら 瞳の奥が 白く濁る

手を取って繋ぐ世界 まだ見ぬ未来で腐ろう

Te o totte tsunagu sekai Mada minu mirai de kusarō

交わる程虚しさは 私を気づかせてくれる

Majiwaru hodo munashisa wa Watashi o kizukasete kureru

ピエロは踊り狂い咲かせたそれは****

Piero wa odorikurui sakaseta sore wa****

誰が知る? 本当の私 本当の心

誰が見る? 本当の私 抉れた心えずく

仲間に入れて?

Nakama ni irete?

交わる今 溶け合いながら 瞳の奥が 白く濁る

手を取って繋ぐ世界 まだ見ぬ未来で腐ろう

Te o totte tsunagu sekai Mada minu mirai de kusarō

交わる程虚しさは 私を気づかせてくれる

Majiwaru hodo munashisa wa Watashi o kizukasete kureru

ピエロは踊り狂い咲かせたそれはそれは綺麗な華

Piero wa odorikurui sakaseta sore wa sore wa kirei na hana

命を減らす遊戯遊戯

Inochi o herasu yūgi yūgi

モザイクかけられた世界 ****らの生きてる世界

Mozaiku kakerareta sekai ****ra no ikiteru sekai

そうだ見て見ぬ振り それがお前口角釣上げ

Sō da miteminu furi Sore ga omae kōkaku tsuriage

集団リンチで生きてる****感 強要の世界

Shūdan rinchi de ikiteru****kan Kyōyō no sekai

The world of mercy

hypocrisy

情に絡み付********

Jō ni karamitsuki********

May I know what those censored words were?

First Listen Impressions:

Can't really care about the live "Grief" take, since there are countless versions of that song already and this one isn't particularly a nice performance.

The acoustic "Dozing Green" is one of the coolest things they've done in a good while! The arrangement is really good, I love the drumming and Kyo's more understated performance (I was afraid he would be singing the original in the same key of the original, resulting in a very strainful sound that clashed hard with the softer arrangement, like they did for the acoustic "Different Sense"). There's one particular note near the end which sounds really odd for me (it's on the key of the song but there's either a weird autotune glitch or the note was spliced on from a different take, resulting in a rather strange effect).

"The World of Mercy". Yeah, the comparisions to their longer compositions are somewhat warranted but I don't really think it sounds that much similar to their other longer songs (tbh, other than that somewhat similar riff during the heavier parts, I never really heard much similarity between "Diabolos" and "Vinushka", I always think the comparisions are due to the similar lenghts and the "through peaks and valleys" approach, but the songs have totally different song structures when it comes to the order .  It's going to need many many listens to have a better idea of what it is. You know, I think it kinda reminds me of the new Tool album. It definitely has the "classic" elements of the band when it comes to vocals and instrumentation, but it's nowhere as crazy as their previous stuff and there's a bit of a bigger emphasis on "atmosphere" overall than anything else. I won't lie I was expecting the heavier parts to be crazier and the "freakout" was pretty short. I can't really say I like it yet, but I say in advance it needs a lot of patience and multiple listens to really be able to say more about it

Mixing is way better than anything from The Insulated World. Not particularly perfect but definitely less headache inducing than TIW :P (I felt like it kinda lacks depth, the drums still sound rather plastic, the guitar tone is pretty scooped and you can't hear the bass very well)

inb4 Next album will come in 14 years and will have only 10+ songs and an interlude of Shinya playing a drum solo with his head.

I laughed so hard when the Vinushka part came in around 5:30. Similar tempo and riff and everything. They did it again! I do have to say the last minute and a half of the track is fantastic though. 

Also acoustic Dozing Green is tons of fun. That gets a few thumbs up from me. But why is it so short? It's over before you know it.

I like the single and all but god DAMN. It really feels like they're unable to write a >6min track without inserting the obligatory heavy ''btw we are a metal band u guys ; )" bit at the halfway point

tfw the masked guy voguing at the end looks suspiciously like Gara from MERRY and that's totally not why i bothered to watch the preview in the first place

Very good single. This is a far more mature approach by the band even if there are minor points here and there that I find lacking. The overall development of the song is great, the middle section features some new style riffing from Kaoru, and then the climactic ending ties it all together into an amazing finish.

This is the Vinushka ending but heightened to such an incredible degree I don't think I can listen to Vinushka anymore. Vinushka, Diabolos -- those songs feel so juvenile by comparison to this new style. I love this shit.

EDIT: though I will say -- this band deserves a better drummer than Shinya

Edited by geist

The world of Mercy surprised me. I feel like Kaoru probably realized his predictable long song tropes. And hen went out of his way to make this stand out from the rest.

I can totally get the sense that this was two songs mixed into one, which @Seelentaumentioned. It works though. 

Dozing green feels to short for such a great song. But I’ll take it. I like how we have 3 different versions of what is arguably one of the best DIR EN GREY tracks/singles to date. It’s gonna be nice to bounce back and fourth between em.

GRIEF slaps whether it’s live or the studio version. So not much to be said about it. 

Im pleased.

Shinya is so goddamn boring. We’re just gonna “bum tap bum tap” our way thru every fast heavy section from now on, huh. 

World of Mercy is pretty nice though.