Seelentau

DIR EN GREY announces new Blu-ray/DVD, single, JP, US and EU tour

22 hours ago, Kyo_Toriko said:

And I really wonder why there are 7 people with no faces standing in the cover artwork.
It really triggers my curiousity! 

It's Battle Royale inspired 🤪

I don't really mind them following a formula they used already if the content employed is good enough, so I don't have any problems if this song is similar in form with Diabolos or Vinushka (I love DeG at their proggiest, those two and the Macabre remake are definitely some of my favorite songs by the band). I don't think it's possible to reinvent the wheel everytime, and can't really think of many other possibilities in terms of song structure for 10 minute songs (unless they picked a normal 4 minute song and crammed a six minute instrumental in the middle or maybe opted for the track to be a single crescendo like a post-rock/metal song).

I agree Zetsuentai was a bit lacking and not only the soft and the heavy parts felt very by-the-numbers, the transitions between those parts were pretty weak.

tbh I'd like them to not follow a formula and just make a giant prog mess like the black swan or llll ligro. At this stage of their career I'd just like them to make something fun, if they try too hard it'll probably end up boring (like the new tool song andalbumsoon).

And most of those didn’t even need to be that long. Akuro no Oka could have made its point in about half the time. 

So could Mazohyst, but I guess they did that later. 

mazohyst could've easily lost the entire spoken word interlude thing but i guess that's a discussion for the artist thread & not the news forum 

mazohyst is the only song i hate among the entire DEG discography and i always skip it no matter how long it is.

Edited by nostalgia

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

mazohyst could've easily lost the entire spoken word interlude thing but i guess that's a discussion for the artist thread & not the news forum 

“Hai”

3 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Every Diru fan can agree that song is creepy asf

The holy trinity of DEG live transitions is RINKAKU- AKURO-MAZO from Psychonnect

That songs evolution is ballin.

Yeah, I don’t give a shit about the Gauze version after they started playing that tighter more focused version with the doomier vibe. I’ve been hoping for a studio version ever since but yeah guys I’d love a version of Kuukoku no Kyouon with Sugizo scratching his ass with his violin instead 

16 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Yeah, I don’t give a shit about the Gauze version after they started playing that tighter more focused version with the doomier vibe. I’ve been hoping for a studio version ever since but yeah guys I’d love a version of Kuukoku no Kyouon with Sugizo scratching his ass with his violin instead 

I’d say I like all the songs on Gauze to some extent. I remember listening to it for the very first time and being hella creeped out by Mazohyst.

I enjoy all their long songs with Macabre (The OG and the Remake) being my favs

I love that Macabre was already their longest song and they decided to make it even longer

those extra five and a half minutes slap