Seelentau

DIR EN GREY announces new Blu-ray/DVD, single, JP, US and EU tour

59253094_827401920986266_519562525202765

DIR EN GREY announced that they will release a new Blu-ray/DVD, entitled 『FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of 16-17]』on August 7.

They also announced the release of a new single sometime in Autumn and a new Tour, TOUR19 This Way to Self-Destruction from September 15 to November 20.

57123555_275101330040678_494671473999884

Also, new EU tour in 2020.

5d0ca0a175eef.jpg

Edited by Seelentau

Isn't that picture of Kyo from this recent Sukekiyo TV performance?

Spoiler

Edited by Tanishi

well this is very disappointing. i wanted a new dvd with TIW performances  but maybe those will come with the usual bonus dvd from the single

Edited by rekzer

I’m excited for this new single. 

And yeah there’s no way that bonus DVD won’t have a few TiW tracks on it.

No comment for the Mode of. Whatever they smokin, I want some cuz it seems to be strong as hell.

I want to see what kind of direction this new single is going to take. TIW tracks may sound amazing on live,but the studio version don't convince at all.

2 hours ago, Euronymous said:

I want to see what kind of direction this new single is going to take. TIW tracks may sound amazing on live,but the studio version don't convince at all.

Its almost certain that its a TiW leftover. Didn't an interview around TiW's release indicate they had some tracks that didnt make the cut anyways?

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

Its almost certain that its a TiW leftover. Didn't an interview around TiW's release indicate they had some tracks that didnt make the cut anyways?

Could be,indeed.As long as they fix that horrible production, I'm down

The only thing that makes me feel excited about this:

13 hours ago, platy said:

Now that's a memeable title

Bring it on!!!!

New DVD is pointless.

Glad to hear about new single, as always.

Now, about re-recording old songs... Kinda want Asunaki Koufuku, but with more jazzy approach (even though it's already most jazzy their song)

New single??!! YASSSSS!! 👏👏👏

That is considerably quick since we just got new album 7 months ago or so.

So is this a compilation of performances already released from the Mode Of DVDs or those performances are different from the ones from the DVDs (like, same tour, different dates?). Yeah I get that this isn't really something to care about but considering the Mode Of DVDs all had limited distribution this might be a somewhat of a "consolation prize" for those who weren't able to get them when each DVD came out.

Did they ever released (at least recently) any outtake from their previous album as their first single of a new one? I know some songs from previous "eras" got included in later albums, but I don't recall them ever downright stating "this was supposed to be on our previous album". Just conjecture from my part, but I think all the "new album cycle" singles of late ("Clever Sleazoid", "Dozing Green", "Hageshisa", "RInkaku" and "Utafumi") seem to be very different from the albums they released prior to them so they're most likely not written for the previous albums?

30 minutes ago, LIDL said:

New single??!! YASSSSS!! 👏👏👏

That is considerably quick since we just got new album 7 months ago or so.

It’ll probably be a year since TIW, by the time the single drops. 

7 hours ago, Saishu said:

It’ll probably be a year since TIW, by the time the single drops. 

Well, Arche had 3-4 tours. TIW had 1-2 tours. Probably that's why it felt much faster to learn about new single 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:09 PM, kuyashii said:

So is this a compilation of performances already released from the Mode Of DVDs or those performances are different from the ones from the DVDs (like, same tour, different dates?). Yeah I get that this isn't really something to care about but considering the Mode Of DVDs all had limited distribution this might be a somewhat of a "consolation prize" for those who weren't able to get them when each DVD came out.

According to this:

http://direngrey.co.jp/news/3720/

, its a compilation of performances already released from the Mode Of DVDs. Which explains the low price.

Edited by sads123