Shir0

Monochrome Heaven's "Best of 20.." Trade-off

Ever took a look at the News section being full of announcements for new Singles/Minis/Albums and thought

"Daamn this year is gonna be strong!"

giphy.gif

Minus the dissapointment when  only half of the songs turned out good + all the disbandments we  had to suffer 

141.gif

This Trade-off is gonna be about creating a mixtape with songs of whatever year you think had the best ones to offer.

2016 was THE year of Visual Kei releases for you? then make a best of 2016 mix tape!  

You're free to use all kind of songs from sweet-mellow ballads to chaotic heavy metal songs 

JUST keep in mind that they're all from the same year

RULES

Spoiler

• Send a list of songs to your partner; minimum is 10 songs, maximum is 70 minutes long.
  • At least half the mix must consist of Japanese artists but any other language is fine for the other half! A song can only be used once and only one song per artist!
  • Do not post your lists in the thread, PM your partner so it will be a surprise to everyone else.
  • You must critique each song and give it a rating (?/5, or ?/10, whichever you prefer)
  • Critiques must be longer than one sentence (explain why you liked/disliked/don't care for about the song)
  • Participants who fail to submit a review by the deadline will not be allowed to participate in the next trade-off. Users who give notice ahead of time that they will be late may be exempt.

Partners will be announced on the 3rd of May

Mix tapes must be sent by the 10th of May

Reviews must be posted by the 18th of May

Pairs: 

@monkeybanana4 I @Ro plz

@CAT5 I @ghost

@Zeus I @reminiscing2004

@indigo I @yomii

@Seimeisen I @Triangle

@saishuu I @Komorebi

@Shir0 I @doombox

56 minutes ago, ghost said:

I can't decide what year to do. I've literally been compiling a list of songs for each year from like 1999-2018.

I'm waiting on the partner reveal to start, but bruh, I feel exactly where you're coming from with this :lol:

@CAT5 ahhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

giphy.gif
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

@Komorebi it seems I'm not allowed to send you a DM with my mixtape, so I'll just post the link here. There's a brief description of the mix under the spoiler tag too if you're interested.

https://mega.nz/#!mcYliAYb!NfQTn4WmzSdmo5cORshtK37turv8gizE9iu3uy_MTpg

I chose 2005. It was a time where I was listening to visual kei almost exclusively, so I wanted to reflect that. I picked some of my favorites and tried to make a cohesive mix focusing on melancholic, wholesome and heartwarming music. Some bands are well-known, some others have long been forgotten by most and I wanted to highlight those as well. Hope you enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

How's everyone that's not @Zeus, @saishuu, and @ghost coming along in the creation of their mixes so far? :D

i'm at that stage when i've got like 14 playlists of songs sorted by year and now i open itunes, look at these playlists, don't know what to do next and close itunes

guess that's what you call stuck lol

56 minutes ago, yomii said:

i'm at that stage when i've got like 14 playlists of songs sorted by year and now i open itunes, look at these playlists, don't know what to do next and close itunes

guess that's what you call stuck lol

LMAO, same. I've participated in like a million trade-offs by now, but this is me every time I sit down to make a mix and realize how long it takes me:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.pn