The Piass

New band "The Guzmania" have formed

They held their first live today at Takadanobaba AREA. Their first mini album 「開花前夜」(Kaika zen'ya) will be released on 2019.06.26.

Limited edition :

CD + DVD 

Regular edition :

CD 

Members :

Singer 時羽(Tokiha)

Guitarist YOSHIO

Bassist : ちょび(Chobi) (ex-DIV)

Drummer テツヤ(Tetsuya)

D464ZXGUcAIUtxl.jpg

tokiha.jpg

yoshio.jpg

chobi.jpg

tetsuya.jpg

Twitter https://twitter.com/TheGuzmania 

Edited by The Piass

CHOBI MAH BOIIIII

---

Vocalist (Tokiha) is YODDY from The LADYBIRD (which is still active w/ him as vocalist.) Prior to that, he was a Johnny's Jr. idol (2001-2012) part of the group "Question?" (as Dr.) https://www.generasia.com/wiki/Yodogawa_Yoshihiro

Spoiler

YOSHIO is fluent (or capable) in English (Canadian or has lived in Canada) and accepts PMs in both languages (he was in BABOO, so there's probably a wealth of information on him already.) Likely manages the English side of social media. Tetsuya has done drum covers on niconico. All the members are from the same session group. Here they were last year covering ダメ人間  by アルルカン:

Edited by colorful人生

2 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Is that same idol group that Avanchick / Flat Earth Society’s vocalist was from?

They were both in Johnny's Jr., but NOAH/川畑貴 was in Kansai Jr. from 2007~2008 v. YODDY/淀川由浩  in Kanto Jr. (two different collectives.)  

I didn't think I'd be going down the J-idol rabbit-hole to search for info, but here I am lol. 

Honestly, regardless of how well the bands do, those with idol or high-tier host status have definite advantages in the vk industry. They can coast on by in smaller indie acts and still retain a sizable following as long as they're active on SNS.

Edited by colorful人生

I don't think NOAH was actually in a group - wasn't he just like a random Kansai Johnny's Jr.? I don't think he stuck with it very long either.

Question? were around for much longer and they were much better known. I've never really followed the Jrs, but I've seen them perform on various Johnny's shows before.

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/Question%3F

4 minutes ago, violetchain said:

I don't think NOAH was actually in a group - wasn't he just like a random Kansai Johnny's Jr.? I don't think he stuck with it very long either.

That's the conclusion I've come to as well. Johnny's Jr. was always for pre-debut, but NOAH only stuck around briefly. I don't think he was part of any of the groups/sub-groups, but he played a lot of instruments. 

Edited by colorful人生

D79hZw_UYAEgq45.jpg

D79hZqrUIAAHBCn.jpg

Limited Edition (Black cover)

1.prelude

2.shadow dance, under the moonlight

3.フリティラリア (Furitiraria?) 

4.拘束 (Kousoku)

5. 月に叢雲花に風 (Tsuki ni murakumo hana ni kaze)

6.独り言 (Hitorigoto)

Regular Edition (White cover)

1.shadow dance, under the moonlight

2.フリティラリア (Furitiraria?) 

3.拘束 (Kousoku)

4.月に叢雲花に風 (Tsuki ni murakumo hana ni kaze)

5.独り言 (Hitorigoto)

6.夢のまた夢 (Yume no mata yume)

Edited by monkeybanana4
tracklist

Underwhelming. In many of the songs he's trying to force more gruff in his vocals in an effort to be edgier/more "vk", which really doesn't lend to his voice. They sound enough like a classic Jrock band to where they might as well go all the way in (which doesn't bode well b/c that's what the LADYBIRD is.) I have a feeling if they try more visual kei concepts, they'll continue sounding like a cover band.

On the other hand, Tokiha sounds a lot like Kou (ex-CLOWD), so if they work out the kinks they might have something.

Edited by colorful人生

Not impressed at all.

Seems like Chisa and Shogo were the main driving force behind DIV. What Guzmania and Laplus create is so bland, I just can't.

7 hours ago, anadentone said:

question: is that Tetsuya the same one from DIaura or is that his adorable widdle brother :D

Actually, now that you mention DIAURA, I can't help but notice that Tetsuya (not Tatsuya) looks like a cross between Yo-ka and Kei.