helcchi

New band gulu gulu has formed

Things I hated:

-That kind of blast beats.already seen them a lot in vk and it doesn't fit at all.

-The bad growls that reminds me Mamireta's mediocrity

-That effect for the chorus was unnecessary 

-Too colorful,too poppy,too menhera-kei ,I expected something darker.

Things I liked:

-MV was very well produced

-The track sounds polished

-Eargasm with Ai's voice 

Not gonna lie,was kinda disappointing,but that's only the tip of the iceberg, need to check the single as a whole.

Edited by Manji 卍

It wasn't that bad. But there's no need to worry, Kazari will bring back the scrapped llll ligro songs for their first album and it will be aoty.

I was maybe expecting something a bit different too but it still doesn't sound bad. Also I'm just so happy to hear mei/ai's voice again.

I LOVE IT! 8D

i like that it seems like they'll go quite heavy and alone that scream in the beginning - also since Ai has a very unique singing voice this surely will be very interesting.

I think I'm of @Jigsaw9's opinion that if I didn't have any previous attachment to these bandguys in particular, I wouldn't pay any attention to the band. 😕 I'll keep checking in on them to see if they drop something I really like, but maybe they aren't going to leave a strong impression on me. Pity as I'd hoped Hisame would join a band I cared for. I guess the good news is that my wallet's life is a little easier this way.

It sounds musically not bad but this section(s) of the song is less than exciting...

the video is all such nicely composed images though all the camera angles are goooood.

Euh...I really hate those opening breakcore treble heavy beats that every band seems to use and I skip. Reminds me of when DADAROMA started going into the toilet.

Video looks good, Ai's voice sounds unique and I love it as always, and though I prefer his low growls personally I don't mind the screeching so long as bass will balance it...

But, I REALLY hope this is just a one off that sounds generic musically. Like others, if this had a different vocalist it would be indistinguishable from 262548 other bands and I'd give up immediately.

It's only a short sample of one song though, so gonna believe just 1 more time lol

Edited by karai · ebi

I mean, it's alright, but it's missing something. I can't think what, but whatever it is, they'd sound much more interesting with it.

I really, really like this. Kinda rides the line of the shreddy metalcore stuff and modern VK in a way that isn't really breaking any molds, but sounds polished and well-done. Excited for the single! Also still absolutely crazy about their aesthetic, especially in the context of the video.

The video looks good but this part of the song is just okay.  Maybe I'm biased but the vocals are really the only interesting/memorable thing about it for me.  I like it enough to be excited for the full song, but I'm not sure if I actually like the song or if I just like Karasuna Mei being back in a new band...

I was honestly hoping for Kuroyuri part 2 though so I can't lie and say I'm not a bit selfishly disappointed that this isn't it.  Oh well, fat chance but maybe Kuro and K will come back and make Benjo 3 or something

replayed that many times already and the MV is really cool,however that sounds like a R-shitei track with Mei on vocals

not exactly what i expected. I wanted something more in the vein of MEJIBRAY/DIMLIM/BLACKSWAN

Edited by Manji 卍

To me, even though it sounds different, and definitely R-Shitei influenced, I can still hear Kuroyuri in the riffing, with the Korn influenced dissonant chords. Memento Mori had some influence from R-Shitei here and there, so in a way, it's sort of a return to roots for Ai. I like how the vocal melody feels like a Japanese Children's song. The screams during the chorus are tolerable for me. Listening to stuff like Cuartet and Devil Kitty has desensitized me to bad screams lmao

Edited by Himeaimichu

Not even a bit of lazy, VK scene gave us our first Kizu copycat of the year. Whoever wrote this song -in the last 5+years I started to believe that almost every A-side from any band of the scene is ghost-written- did an actually great job, mimicking their metalcore guitars, cheese string background and traditional Japanese harmonies and melodies, all packaged with a dramatic-red inspired visual aesthetic. Even the PV seems very well shooted and edited, much above the standard of our average indie VK.

But hey, in the case of gulu gulu, producing formulaic music in this sense isn't already bad news, because if you want to copy Kizu you'll have to put on your best effort and money on good songwriting, tech-skills, costumes, PV and live production. So, I think we can expect really good stuff from these guys... although it's not over the top to expect for them to develop a more genuine sound in the future.

20 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Looks like the band premiered their first music vid at Cure Fest today (if I understood it correctly).

Hopefully they upload it on YT soon~

The way they distribute this pv is pretty creative.

They use「AirDrop痴漢」(Airdrop Perverts) method to distribute the youtube link at Shinkiba Studio Coast live house.

(AirDrop痴漢 is a phenomenon in japan where some sicko you don’t know tries to use Apple’s AirDrop function to send you a picture of their dicks, because most people airdrop setting is open to "everyone")

Edited by deadman

Sounds cheap like some ddrm rip off BUT i have high hopes for this project and I don't think this song will be representative of their sound. Even KTK's first singles sounded kind of pedestrian, and toward the end they were too close to korn so hopefully this is a unique mix of like, neo kei and old school stuff.

That said, I miss how KTK would slow things down and still be heavier than anything twice the tempo...hope they have some weird stuff like pedo or kimi no kusuriyube

Another drum cam with Ai's vocals more easily heard. The third song sounds like the band's version of Misui, so no need to worry about nothing sounding like Kuroyuri.

Edited by Himeaimichu