alone_tsubasa

D "VAMPIRE STORY" Character Concept Album release

^ it would be nice if you added more to your post :v

D has announced 5 new concept collection album releases based on the band's characters from their VAMPIRE STORY series, featuring old songs. Each of the five albums features a different band member posing as a corresponding story character. Four of the five albums also feature an old song with alternate vocals performed by that character/band member. (thanks vkgy!)

GCR-181.jpg

Dahlie (ASAGI) tracklist (1500 yen) :

1. 開眼 (未発表曲)
2. 隷獣~開闢の炎~
3. My unborn baby 
4. 赤き羊による晩餐会 
5. 開眼 (Instrumental) (new song)

GCR-182.jpg

Kircheis (RUIZA) tracklist (2500 yen) :

1. Misty (Instrumental)(new song) 
2. コールドスリープ 
3. Glacial melt
4. Kの氷奏曲
5. 月と海の誓約 
6. 氷の墓標 
7. Gemini ~片羽の報復~
8. 氷獄の魔獣
9. Crystal Crown
10. 血に濡れた一角
11. SECRET HANGAR
12. STAR SAPPHIRE 
Bonus track
13. コールドスリープ(Kircheis(Ruiza) Vocal ver.)

GCR-183.jpg

Rafaga (HIDE-ZOU) (2100 yen)

1. Determination~風の決意~ (Instrumental)(new song) 
2. 翠緑の翼 
3. Memento~風のレイピア~
4. 風に嫁いだバイラオーラ
5. Solitude~最後の手紙~
6. Little Adventurers
7. Ghost in the mirror 
Bonus track
8. 翠緑の翼 (Rafaga(HIDE-ZOU)Vocal ver.)

GCR-184.jpg

Carbuncle (Tsunehito) (2300 yen)

1. 凄艶 (Instrumental)(new song)
2. クヴァンデルの肖像
3. ひび割れた柘榴石 
4. Luminous flame
5. 愛は棺の中に 
6. 紅の蝋涙
7. Dragon Princess
8. 微熱~雨の幻想曲(ファンタジア)~
9. The Secret Rose Garden 
Bonus track
10. クヴァンデルの肖像 (Carbuncle(Tsunehito) Vocal ver.)

GCR-185.jpg

Wilderness (HIROKI) (2100 yen)

1. Vorreiter (Instrumental)(new song)
2. Desert Warrior 
3. 太古の牙 (Instrumental)
4. 砂上のバラドゥン
5.  アネクメネ (Instrumental)
6. 猿王の腰掛け
7. ザハブを継ぐ者 (Instrumental)
8. 千夜一夜のダラブッカ 
Bonus track
9. Desert Warrior(Wilderness(HIROKI) Vocal ver.)

Well this is different 😮 

i'm a casual d fan & i didn't even know they had a storyline??? where is this explained??? i own several physical releases (from years back granted, i dropped off a bit around 7th rose) and all the booklets etc just have pretty pictures & lyrics...so..

Yo this is actually insanely cool. I was kind of thinking “another vampire album?” But this actually is going to be so interesting. Do these all come out on the same day or?

55 minutes ago, ShanethVarosa said:

Do these all come out on the same day or?

yes these all come out the same day

you're gonna get a lot of d

8 hours ago, The Moon said:

i'm a casual d fan & i didn't even know they had a storyline??? where is this explained??? i own several physical releases (from years back granted, i dropped off a bit around 7th rose) and all the booklets etc just have pretty pictures & lyrics...so..

Asagi has been writing his novel (Bara no Houkan) since his Balsamic days, allegedly. Some Syndrome songs are even a part of the story iirc (Shigaitan I think is part of the Justice arc).
It's been long explained in liner notes in Mad Tea Party magazine since the dawn of time, half of their New Blood mini (first release) was part of this storyline. Pretty much everything they've released, except for the whole Alice Saga, was connected to this novel. Each member has a character assigned (Asagi has like 4 and Hide-Zou has portrayed 2), they even had a mobile RPG game related to the story.
The information is pretty scattered, there's liner notes in their photobooks, in MTP magazine, their FC publications, the video game had a bunch of info too on the story mode, lyrics of course, their blog, etc. D's discography as a whole is a pretty dramatic/interesting story around a fictitious land, spanning about 2-3 generations of characters, different arcs, etc.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, Komorebi said:

Asagi has been writing his novel (Bara no Houkan) since his Balsamic days, allegedly. Some Syndrome songs are even a part of the story iirc (Shigaitan I think is part of the Justice arc).
It's been long explained in liner notes in Mad Tea Party magazine since the dawn of time, half of their New Blood mini (first release) was part of this storyline. Pretty much everything they've released, except for the whole Alice Saga, was connected to this novel. Each member has a character assigned (Asagi has like 4 and Hide-Zou has portrayed 2), they even had a mobile RPG game related to the story.
The information is pretty scattered, there's liner notes in their photobooks, in MTP magazine, their FC publications, the video game had a bunch of info too on the story mode, lyrics of course, their blog, etc. D's discography as a whole is a pretty dramatic/interesting story around a fictitious land, spanning about 2-3 generations of characters, different arcs, etc.

Sounds pretty interesting. I'd love someone will post at least a bit of information on each novel arc, as a guide to re-read the lyrics and find the story telled trough them.

Btw, I love D, but all these albums covers seems pretty bad done. Is it me or D has been drawn into a low-budget production for the last 4-5 years?

16 hours ago, saiko said:

Sounds pretty interesting. I'd love someone will post at least a bit of information on each novel arc, as a guide to re-read the lyrics and find the story telled trough them.

Btw, I love D, but all these albums covers seems pretty bad done. Is it me or D has been drawn into a low-budget production for the last 4-5 years?

Idk, would people want to read about it? I guess I can start piecing it together in my free time.

Yeah, idk what's up with all that, seems like they've been cutting down on staff and production. Hide-Zou has been doing A LOT of production work these past few years. These album covers don't seem too bad for me though, they've done those photoshoots and included them as jacket-sized stickers on the albums before, it makes sense with the character concept. Less of a lazy move than putting their  logos on a black background as a cover tbh.

8 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Idk, would people want to read about it? I guess I can start piecing it together in my free time.

I'm really interested!

Who else wants to get on the ship?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:59 AM, saiko said:

I'm really interested!

Who else wants to get on the ship?

I'm interested as well!
I myself tried few times to gather information about song order for characters and all the story line and I got some stuff, but without knowing Japanese it's not that easy and my story basically got cut on Daznai no Gunner where Carbuncle was tricked and kidnapped (That happen in Black Swan if I remember correctly) and got rescued by others. So, if Komorebi is still on I would gladly join you on putting the story together.

EDIT: It was Luminous Flame not Black Swan that was about Carbuncle being tricked. I mixed them up, because both are about Odile, sorry.

Edited by Iga.K