Nighttime Jae

失墜とアサナギ [Sittui to Asanagi]'s first MV「OBSOLATE」

D3-SBGik-UUAI-2z-R-jpg-large.jpg

I wasn't able to find a lot of info on them, but 失墜とアサナギ seems to be a pretty new band hailing from the Kansai. They've actually formed one year ago but have released their first MV a few days ago.

Vocals - TOSHIYA

Guitar - 凪紗 [Nagi]

Guitar- F▲L

Bass - nahato

Twitter page

Edited by Nighttime Jae

Thanks for posting - first I've heard of these guys. This PV is giving me bigtime old indies VK vibes with the production, haha. (not a bad thing)

I will say, I'm a bit dismayed every time I hear something from a new band and they go straight into the metalcore chugs. Some bands really do it right, but it's gotten a bit stale in my opinion.  Being that they're a brand new band, though, I'll be intrigued to see where they go.

1 hour ago, nomemorial said:

Thanks for posting - first I've heard of these guys. This PV is giving me bigtime old indies VK vibes with the production, haha. (not a bad thing)

I will say, I'm a bit dismayed every time I hear something from a new band and they go straight into the metalcore chugs. Some bands really do it right, but it's gotten a bit stale in my opinion.  Being that they're a brand new band, though, I'll be intrigued to see where they go.

I understand and share your feelings completely. Metalcore has been the go-to genre for indies in recent years and I definitely agree that it's getting a bit stale and repetitive. At the same time, if I have to listen to this type of sound I prefer to favor young indies that have at least a sort of niche, underground feel to them, which is the case with this band.

I've quite enjoyed this MV despite it not being the most original-sounding in any way, shape or form. But like you said, they're pretty new and I'm also interested to see if they will evolve in the future.

Edited by Nighttime Jae