Peace Heavy mk II

Kneuklid Romance - Possible Revival?

A new Twitter account has been opened for Kneuklid Romance, which teased a new project / release / ????? called "BABYLON 9."

They haven't announced an official date, or really said anything beyond the small teaser video, but the account has interacted with both of the band's former guitarists so my guess is that they are still involved. 

For context: KR were formed in the very early 90s and are most well-known in the West as "the band both of Malice Mizer's drummers were in." They did achieve mainstream success in the late 90's and eventually split in May of 2000. The band got back together in 2009 via Kisaki using black magic to perform necromancy on popular, yet forgotten, 90's bands after he realized Chariots wasn't going to be Mago 2 (re: Deshabillz && Deflina Ma'riage). This revival didn't last over a year.

Also, for what it's worth, "Kumo Onna no KISS" is one of my favorite vkei songs of all time 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

sonic the hedgehog 3 & kneuklid

(i've never actually listened to these bois before, did they actually  release any full albums or were they one of those 'releases 3 singles and a mini-album before disbanding' groups?)

Edited by Tokage

They had 5 albums and a few minis, I believe. The best thing about the band though was that their vocalist went on to start this wild band afterwards which is probably one of the best ex-VK bands ever

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

sonic the hedgehog 3 & kneuklid

(i've never actually listened to these bois before, did they actually  release any full albums or were they one of those 'releases 3 singles and a mini-album before disbanding' groups?)

They actually released 4 full albums! (Puzzle, Chain, Babylonian Dance and Rainbow)

woop guess i'm gonna have to go and check some of those albums out in that case

(that's like the most logical progression from VK EVER btw)

"Puzzle" is great, as is their first mini-album "LOVE SONG."

They changed their vocalist after Puzzle and became less 90s goth at that point and more pop-rock, but both eras have standouts. Choose your romantic adventure  

On 4/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

For context: KR were formed in the very early 90s and are most well-known in the West as "the band both of Malice Mizer's drummers were in."

I'm almost certain they share more than just drummers: their guitarist (and main songwriter I believe??) played in Mana and Kozi's first band and there's a neoclassical vibe to their first two albums that's awfully reminiscent of Memoire/Voyage era Malice Mizer at times. Connecting the dots between bands is half the charm of old school VK!!

8 minutes ago, Milayou said:

I'm almost certain they share more than just drummers: their guitarist (and main songwriter I believe??) played in Mana and Kozi's first band and there's a neoclassical vibe to their first two albums that's awfully reminiscent of Memoire/Voyage era Malice Mizer at times. Connecting the dots between bands is half the charm of old school VK!!

oooh, you're right! I never noticed Kenichi was in Maternou too

Gaz is now forever going to be replace by someone that's been in a band with Okamoto Ryoji and Oonishi Hiroyuki whenever Malice Mizer or Kneuklid Romance do their one off revivals?  First Sakura, and now Kaede.  It amuses me to see this as a fan of both Zigzo and test-No. to see this as a pattern.