nitta

Janne Da Arc officially disband after 12 years hiatus..

That was a misunderstanding, because it was ka-yu who was about to release an album and go on tour last fall when those were suddenly cancelled, only a couple weeks before they were scheduled. Especially since yasu still isn’t working right now, it doesn’t make sense for Janne to have been preparing for a new album and tour now

Edited by redaudrey

16 hours ago, ゼロ(*´з`) said:

all i've read is he had a cervical vertebrae injury. where has it been said he lost his voice?

yes due that of course he can speak but i doubt he will be ever be able to sing again.  So he lost his voice.

2 hours ago, BrenGun said:

yes due that of course he can speak but i doubt he will be ever be able to sing again.  So he lost his voice.

Isn't the case typically that if speaking (and breathing in general) aren't inhibited, then the ability to sing remains intact? I've not heard of injury of cervical vertebrae knocking out a person's ability to sing, barring some sort of secondary issue.

I thought this injury is related to headbanging and performing, not really related to vocal cords. 

I don't really know why he chose to just disappear completely after that 😕

59 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

Anyone care to give more details about Yasu's accident? When/What happened?

He issued a statement on July, 2017 , I found a translation on Facebook , here it is 

It's been a while.

It's been hot recently, but how is everyone? I'm not doing so well for various reasons.

Originally, I was supposed to meet everyone at the live concerts, but I feel really terrible it turned out this way.

This tour is also the first in a year and a half, so I was really looking forward to it.

For that reason alone, I'm overwhelmingly heartbroken by this decision.

In particular, there are many people in Team ABC who love ABC deeply, so I think perhaps I'm really worrying you all.

I can't deny that it feels severe when you hear "for an undetermined period". But I was able to take time to recuperate this time,

so I think I'll take advantage of that for a while. As such, you don't have to worry too much about me.

Fortunately, a lot of people around me gave me a helping hand, and I was also able to meet people who will help me.

Thanks to them, even at this moment, many different doctors are doing their best to cure me.

I've also past the turn in life, so maybe it's time for me to think about various things,

but I've never felt this deeply moved by the gentleness and warmth of others.

I realize again how many people support me, including the staff and other members.

All the more because of where the injury is, it looks like it'll take some time.

But all of the doctors said it'll definitely heal, so I'll also stay positive and do my absolute best to recover.

And there's just one thing I want to tell you here, and that's regarding the reason I hurt my neck.

What I don't want anyone to misunderstand in any way is the fact that it's not that "this happened because I headbanged,"

but the fact that this happened because "I failed to tend to it after I headbanged."

I fear that because of this matter, perhaps the image of "it really isn't a good idea to headbang" will become even stronger.

In the first place, the grinding happened thanks to this career,

so maybe I just don't want headbanging to be made negative. Entertainment is something that comes with some risks,

but if someone acts recklessly, anything would break. That's just how it is.

Listening and feeling the music you like, and moving your body as you please... I think that's what a live concert is.

So to all of you who rock it out at shows, please take good and proper care of your body, OK?

By doing that, you can forever enjoy shows as you like,

and by doing that, I'm sure you'll be able to live your everyday healthily.

I hope many different happiness will go to where you all are.

I'm looking forward to the day when we will meet again.

He also left Japan for a while and was due for full-scale treatment upon returning, apparently.

yasu, known for being the vocalist of the band Janne Da Arc and for his solo project Acid Black Cherry, has left Japan in an effort to improve his health.

On August 3 [2017], it was revealed yasu has been suffering from complications that arose from his years of intense activities. His cervical vertebrae has been damaged, and he experiences pain throughout various parts of his body.

yasu suspended his activities in order to receive treatment for his condition.

On September 13, Shintaro Kikuchi, a producer for the singer, updated yasu's blog to inform fans of his health. yasu left Japan 3 days ago in order to rest in a climate that was more stable and favorable for his condition. 

"There are several friends with him on site. Because of the constant climate and atmospheric pressure, the constant pain has eased a little, and yasu's body and soul has been refreshed," Kikuchi said.

Kikuchi stated that yasu will not need to undergo surgery, but still needed time to heal. He is still in pain from his condition.

"I don't know how much pain yasu is actually feeling. You can touch the affected area and see the swelling and infer how much he's suffering, but he's not sharing true amount of pain he's in," Kikuchi said.

yasu will remain out of the country until the temperature fluctuations in Japan stabilize. When he returns, he will begin a full-scale treatment.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:27 PM, nitta said:

I thought this injury is related to headbanging and performing, not really related to vocal cords. 

I don't really know why he chose to just disappear completely after that 😕

and in his last statement he is talking about his vocal cord...

I still don't get that headbanging injury anyway....

So many people do that and don't even get an injury because of it....

So I really don't get it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, SakuraFox512 said:

The last time he updated seems to be several years ago, though

The answer isn't inside his updates... but somewhere on his profile and his friendlist. 

Janne Da Arc tribute live "-Dearly-" will be held on August 30 at Ikebukuro RUIDO K3.

[tribute band lineup]

Vo.Motoki (Smileberry)
Gt.YOSHIHIRO
Ba.久遠あきと
Key.TERO (†яi¢к, ex-Vidoll)
Dr.チャーリー (charlie) (ex-Smileberry)

D_gTnlaU4AAldSl.jpg

Edited by suji
got venue wrong OOPS

1 hour ago, nitta said:

I want a tribute album though.

same! or just have SINCREA reform and record an entire cover album tbh

any of you know a good source for setlists ?

you, kiyo & shuji have been playing a set of lives and I can't find any setlist anywhere