nitta

Janne Da Arc officially disband after 12 years hiatus..

even though they've been on hiatus the entire time i've been a fan, i held onto the dream that they'd get back together for all that time and i was always waiting for it....i dont think i could be more devastated right now

5 hours ago, The Piass said:

As it is said, they disbanded because their bassist ka-yu left the band on 2019.03.31.

http://www.janne.co.jp

wonder why he'd leave it 12 years to do that

also, this feels really odd to me because the start of their hiatus lines up almost exactly with when i started getting into vk

Edited by Ruri

52 minutes ago, Ruri said:

wonder why he'd leave it 12 years to do that

also, this feels really odd to me because the start of their hiatus lines up almost exactly with when i started getting into vk

Apparently, he’s dealing with a legal scandal. Not sure what, but the closest thing i’ve seen from translations is “something heinous”.

I only did a cursory glance, since it's unfortunately all the more I have time for right now, but that message on their home page brings up so many questions for me. Hoping to sit down and take the whole thing in later.

Also, I think a couple people in here suggested that this could maybe be an April Fool's joke, but if by some stretch it is, then the members have certainly burned a ton of good will from fans for the sake of a tone-deaf joke based on the frequency I see comments like this floating around:

「ていうかメンバーからの言葉はひとつもないのか?それも有り得ないんだけど。私の友達 20年もJanneが好きで学生の頃から時間もお金も心も全部つぎ込んでたんさ。それをこんな雑な最後で踏みにじるとか許せない。どんな気持ちで待ってたか分かります?」

Edited by SakuraFox512

Well last year ka-yu best album was suddenly canceled. 

and now they say he kinda did quit the band because someone blames him of doing something? 

=_=

scandal..

If you ask me this looks a whole lot like ka-yu wanted a definition on reforming or new concerts or something like that and the other guys were like "eeeeeh, I dunno, not now I'm still rich", and he got pissed off and left the band

In any case, this sucks. They were my first real addiction in VK, my first real "disbandment" heartbreak since I started hardcore listening to japanese music almost 18 years ago. Gaia blew my mind in such a way I'll never forget.

still, we are Janne!

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

If you ask me this looks a whole lot like ka-yu wanted a definition on reforming or new concerts or something like that and the other guys were like "eeeeeh, I dunno, not now I'm still rich", and he got pissed off and left the band

I don't think that's the case, they wouldn't kind of shame his name like that if that's the case.

I think he wasn't really interested in music that much lately anyway. Also none of the members are doing anything except for support work.

I think that it is really the best decision right now. 

Wow, I haven't head from them in so long I'm also one of the people who just assumed they disbanded years ago as well. Still, sad to hear and I can't imagine it being just a sadly tasteless joke.

Edited by daintypersnicketydingo

Truthfully I thought they had already disbanded and haven't listened to them for years now but it's still sad. They were one of the first Japanese bands I remember listening to.

15 hours ago, ゼロ(*´з`) said:

what breaks my heart is reading yasu is still in poor health. :c

His health is alright,

only he lost his voice for singing...

7 hours ago, BrenGun said:

His health is alright,

only he lost his voice for singing...

all i've read is he had a cervical vertebrae injury. where has it been said he lost his voice?

57 minutes ago, alone_tsubasa said:

Prior to the news of their disbandment, the band was preparing the announcement of a new album and a subsequent tour.

Wow, well that's surprising. And, interesting given yasu's vocal issues.