Nighttime Jae

Nice to meet you

Hello everyone! You can call me Jae. I'm relatively a newbie in the vk world, even though for the past year I've been getting more and more into it. Unfortunately I'm the type that sticks to her favorites and doesn't venture much outside it, but I wanna change that. For that reason I thought that coming here would be a good way to find new bands and broaden my horizons a bit.

I'm mostly into the new wave of vk, I listen to several newer indie bands but I definitely wanna expand my knowledge. I'm here to learn so please go easy on me😊

33 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Hello! Welcome to MH! Hope you have a great time here ^^ Which bands are your favorite ones so far?

Thank you so much for your warm welcome!

Let's see... my favorite active band is CLACK inc., which has generated from EVE's ashes (probably my all-time favorite band). Others band I dig are Kizu, HAKLO, Razor, Mamireta, The Raid., Arlequin, Neverland... some more "cliche" choices like Royz, UNiTE, DIMLIM, DDRM (even though I kinda have a love-hate relationship with them), Diru etc... when it comes to disbanded bands, Rentrer En Soi, 9GOATS, An Cafe, Kagrra and D'EspairsRays are among my favorites. I also like some more old-school stuff a la BUCK-TICK, MM, SHAZNA, Janne Da Arc etc., but I admit that my knowledge of 80-90's vk is a bit lacking😅

Edited by Nighttime Jae

6 hours ago, SakuraFox512 said:

Nice to meet you :) 

Looking more at the lower part of the bands you listed, have you checked out any of D'ERLANGER's early output by any chance?

Thank you, likewise😊

I am familiar with D'ERLANGER, but I guess I should acquire a more in-depth knowledge of them. Thank you for the reminder, will do!

Edited by Nighttime Jae

Welcome to MH! You have a pretty nice spread of bands! If you'd ever like band recommendations I'm happy to give some! I stick to the heavier bands, but my tastes for vkei is kind of all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Befafes said:

Welcome to MH! You have a pretty nice spread of bands! If you'd ever like band recommendations I'm happy to give some! I stick to the heavier bands, but my tastes for vkei is kind of all over the place. 

Hey! Thank you so much for the welcome and for the praise!😊

Sure thing, I'm super open to recommendations! The fact that you stick to heavier bands is not an issue at all, I grew up on metal (especially death metal), so😉

Edited by Nighttime Jae