Paraph

Like an Edison Harajuku files for bankruptcy

ライカエジソンの運営主体であった株式会社ライカロリーポップについて、本日午前10時に破産手続が開始されました。

株式会社ライカロリーポップ破産管財人である柴田義人弁護士は、破産手続の開始直後に、原宿店を除く株式会社ライカロリーポップの事業を株式会社フォーラムに譲渡したので、ライカエジソンの運営は、今後、株式会社フォーラムにおいて続けていくことになりました。残念ではございますが、原宿店については本日をもって閉鎖されました。長らくご愛顧いただいたお客様には心からお詫び申し上げます。

今後、原宿店で予定されていたイベント等については追ってご報告します。また、債権の届出等、破産手続については、破産管財人の事務所にお問い合わせください(03-6864-3007

info on Twitter. Apparently closed today due to bankruptcy filing?  Unsure if permanent or not or if it affects all locations. Not understanding full translation.

Edited by Paraph

not surprised when I went earlier this year I was the only customer, and there was hardly any cds (1/3 was probably dir en grey/sukekiyo lol) vs. 10+ yrs ago during vkei boom when the shops were packed with cds top to bottom

46 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

It sucks. Hope the one in Shinjuku won't close, it's one of my favorite place for vk music and the staff are very nice 

Everytime I go I see people there and they hold a lot of instores in that one, so hopefully it will stay afloat.

Basically their company Like a Lollipop filed for bankruptcy which is why the Harajuku store is closing and the rest are getting new management. That's really depressing, but I'm glad the other stores have survived, I'd love to go there someday. They're one of the best vk stores to shop from.

31 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

was there one in harajuku? never went there also in that store were never instore events.

So easy a place people just don't know and forget.

Yeah, it was a very small location. Not ideal for events, but great for a day of shopping of Harajuku.

19 minutes ago, frayed said:

Yeah, it was a very small location. Not ideal for events, but great for a day of shopping of Harajuku.

Harajuku also changed in a few years a lot...

I doubt many vkei fans go there shopping nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Harajuku also changed in a few years a lot...

I doubt many vkei fans go there shopping nowadays. 

Yeah I was just thinking that; Closet Child is gone too, right? Wonder if it’s a sign of it falling out of fashion? (At least as far as trendy youth goes.)

13 minutes ago, frayed said:

Yeah I was just thinking that; Closet Child is gone too, right? Wonder if it’s a sign of it falling out of fashion? (At least as far as trendy youth goes.)

How did I forget about that? That really sucks, especially for a fashion staple like Harajuku...

26 minutes ago, frayed said:

my heart

22 minutes ago, suji said:

How did I forget about that? That really sucks, especially for a fashion staple like Harajuku...

Harajuku fashion did change since about... 2013 I guess.

2012 it was cool, 2014 it was changed completely... 

It's more a rich kid area now. 

And yes

Closet Child Harajuku is gone too yes,

Even in that store were many instore events, good promotion etc, still gone.

But Harajuku truly changed in a short period of time. Visual Kei is gone there...

Edited by BrenGun

I think the vk stores in Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro are doing fine though.

I visit them regularly (and I'm usually not the only costumer plus they sell online too) and instores are still getting held there.

Japanese fans really do prefer collecting physical stuff, so it's more popular than downloading here.

Edited by xLIZ4

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, xLIZ4 said:

I think the vk stores in Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro are doing fine though.

I visit them regularly (and I'm usually not the only costumer plus they sell online too) and instores are still getting held there.

Japanese fans really do prefer collecting physical stuff, so it's more popular than downloading here.

shibuya is without any vk store now

ikebukuro also 0 stores.

only shinjuku is doing fine... 

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

ikebukuro also 0 stores.

Ikebukuro still has Closet Child. They're just not buying CDs anymore and the selection is quite small.

Is instore culture dying, too? Along with physical stores and free VK mags like Gab?

16 minutes ago, Masato said:

Is instore culture dying, too? Along with physical stores and free VK mags like Gab?

I mean I guess realistically some incentives for instores like 2shots can be done at venues, but the talks :(

23 hours ago, Duwang said:

Ikebukuro still has Closet Child. They're just not buying CDs anymore and the selection is quite small.

then it's just a wait until all CD's will be sold out...

22 hours ago, Masato said:

there are still plenty of free magazines to grab.. 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, BrenGun said:

shibuya is without any vk store now

What's with Zeal Link?

It's still in Shibuya if I'm not mistaken.

It's crazy, whenever I'm in Osaka Like an Edison has moved. I already know four differend store locations.

1 hour ago, Masuha said:

What's with Zeal Link?

It's still in Shibuya if I'm not mistaken.

It's crazy, whenever I'm in Osaka Like an Edison has moved. I already know four differend store locations.

Shibuya Zeal Link is closing today :(

3 hours ago, redaudrey said:

Shibuya Zeal Link is closing today :(

Ah, thanks. Didn't know that.

There really isn't left much anymore...