Sign in to follow this  
daintypersnicketydingo

Greetings. :)

Made an account a couple days ago and have been scoping out the place, so maybe I should finally post an introduction. I was very much into VK in college, something like a decade ago. I still listen to songs off and on again but lately I've been checking out all sorts of bands and feeling nostalgic so here I am. It just makes me really happy that some of my old loves are still around/have returned like Psycho le Cemu, cali≠gari, and Plastic Tree. :)

Aside from from that, my great loves are dogs, anime, and books. I work at a public library and read all the baking books and graphic novels I can get my hands on. I love planning crafts for programs and the teen anime club which I co-host. Really, I just like making anything so cosplaying is another hobby that suits me perfectly. Current favorite book is Annihilation and my favorite movie is From Dusk Till Dawn.

And a quick question while I'm here! What's the stance on necro'ing threads? I saw the, "
don't necro old threads unless you are providing new, updated information" line in the rules. Is there a limit to how many threads I can respond to in rapid succession because I'm that overly talkative type as you can tell from this introduction?

Edited by daintypersnicketydingo

44 minutes ago, daintypersnicketydingo said:

And a quick question while I'm here! What's the stance on necro'ing threads? I saw the, "don't necro old threads unless you are providing new, updated information" line in the rules. Is there a limit to how many threads I can respond to in rapid succession because I'm that overly talkative type as you can tell from this introduction?

It's totally alright when you contribute some original content that goes more in-depth than "band x", "shit" and etc. you probably catch my drift. Usually this is only a problem with non-native english speakers anyway, so you'll be fine to necro all you want

Anyway, welcome :ramen:

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

10 hours ago, Disposable said:

It's totally alright when you contribute some original content that goes more in-depth than "band x", "shit" and etc. you probably catch my drift. Usually this is only a problem with non-native english speakers anyway, so you'll be fine to necro all you want

Anyway, welcome :ramen:

Excellent, thanks for the heads up!

10 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Hello! Welcome to MH! Hope you have fun ^^ Which anime series do you watch?

Oh boy, so many. Current season my favorites are Yakusoku no Neverland, Tate no Yuusha no Narigari, Kaguya-sama, Dororo, and Atama no Ue. Favorites ever? Utena, Mononoke (series), Uchuu Kyoudai, Kagurahime, Hunter x Hunter, and Natsume Yuujinchou. How about you?

10 hours ago, CELESTIAL CIEL said:

yay +1 ≠garist ♡

I didn't even know there was a term for cali≠gari, how lovely!

8 hours ago, Gesu said:

Welcome, and have fun~! Also, nice to see a fellow dog lover here 🐶

I especially like big dogs with their silly giant heads. But all pups are good!

13 hours ago, daintypersnicketydingo said:

Oh boy, so many. Current season my favorites are Yakusoku no Neverland, Tate no Yuusha no Narigari, Kaguya-sama, Dororo, and Atama no Ue. Favorites ever? Utena, Mononoke (series), Uchuu Kyoudai, Kagurahime, Hunter x Hunter, and Natsume Yuujinchou. How about you?

Oh, nice! Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with many recent animes, so I can't list any recent favorites. The only recent one so far is Boku no Hero Academia. As for some older series, I like Ghost in the Shell (Stand Alone Complex), Wolf's Rain, Trigun, and Blood+. Also, I saw you listed Fushigi Yuugi in your other post and I have to say, that is another favorite of my mine. It's such a classic. The art is a somewhat outdated by today's standards, but I loved the character's expressions and emotions especially during comedic moments.  

On 3/24/2019 at 8:30 AM, monkeybanana4 said:

Oh, nice! Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with many recent animes, so I can't list any recent favorites. The only recent one so far is Boku no Hero Academia. As for some older series, I like Ghost in the Shell (Stand Alone Complex), Wolf's Rain, Trigun, and Blood+. Also, I saw you listed Fushigi Yuugi in your other post and I have to say, that is another favorite of my mine. It's such a classic. The art is a somewhat outdated by today's standards, but I loved the character's expressions and emotions especially during comedic moments.  

Wolf's Rain! Oh that's an excellent one, I haven't watched it in far too long. I also really enjoyed Trigun and Blood+. And yup, FY is one of my nostalgic loves, one of the first series I was ever really into. They really had such funny faces and I loved how much more there was to the villains than just wanting power or ruling the world.

Sign in to follow this