Masato

Pregnancy

So....

I am thinking about it. Any mothers around here? 

Seems so surreal to have a kid growing inside of you!

37 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Only be a mother if you will have time to raise them.

not that you need to put them in daycare 24/7 

A good mother is home when the kids are free.

It's 2019 and women have careers, u know?

56 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

It's 2019 and women have careers, u know?

If you are willing to sacrifice the well-being of your child for your career, you shouldn't have your own children in the first place. My point is that if either of the parents isn't ready for the commitment, they shouldn't go through with it. 

im a dude so take whatever opinions i have of parenthood with a grain of salt but after seeing how much of a fucker i was growing up, how much of a couple fuckers my brothers were growing up, and being exposed to bratty and shitty middle school and high school kids at work the last thing id ever want is a child. what an absolute nightmare to think about 

14 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

If you are willing to sacrifice the well-being of your child for your career, you shouldn't have your own children in the first place. My point is that if either of the parents isn't ready for the commitment, they shouldn't go through with it. 

Exactly. When @BrenGun said what he said, I don't think he meant to emphasise the gender of the parent. One of the parents does need to stay at home and look after the children (or at least, a relative or trusted friend).

Not to give you my life story here, but I think it'd help to put this into perspective so no-one gets #triggered. In my case, it was my mother who worked and my father who looked after my brother and I until he passed away (nine years ago today, it's March 19th here in England), then my mother quit work and the task of looking after me was delegated to my brother until we were both a little older and I was more able to look after myself and my brother got his own job. My mother then started working part-time, but even with a part-time job she was never around to look after because... well, because she was a shitty parent, to put it bluntly. Not having someone around to look after me really fucked me up. Even if one of the parents works - hell, even if both of the parents work - they should still be dedicated to their child. Yes, having a career is good for you and your family (in fact, it's arguably essential for you and your family), but not if you put it before your family. Regardless of how you spend your time away from your family, you absolutely have to be committed, because the children suffer greatly if you're not. Besides, if they're babies, I don't think you have any excuse to go out all the time without them instead of looking after them unless you absolutely have to (e.g. work, doctor's appointments, etc). I'm not saying you wouldn't be a good mother personally, but it's not the sort of thing you can gamble with, so spend some months thinking about it before you make a decision. All the best x

Not yet carrying, but want to one day. Only one other friend I have wants to be a mother, so I talk about it a lot to her. Ideally, I'd love to have my own child and then adopt an older child a few years later. My poor friends lol they have to deal with me and my constant baby fever so much (not just a baby fever phase. Having a baby to raise is one of my only life goals lmao). I actually want to experience a pregnancy too, so hopefully I'll be lucky and won't have an absolute terrible pregnancy in the future orz