Gesu

Civil debate forum

I'm a girl who loves a civil debate, and we all know there's been some occasional drama on this site. Very occasional, but it's happened. I think that having a forum for civil debates on a wide range of topics could be a good idea to stop all the unnecessary shitestorms. Plus, it could just be interesting to share opinions on topics related to VK/non-VK. Ye or nah?

P.S. I can't stress the "civil" part of this enough. I'm not trying to rock the boat, I swear.

OHHHH A DEBATE THREAD, I LOVE IT ❤️ *is a total sucker for debates*

Altho the post is vague and idk, what would we debate about??? What's the biggest thing/issue/scandal right now tho that people feel conflicted about? There are so many weird shit here in vk idk where we would all even start man lol

25 minutes ago, riyusama said:

OHHHH A DEBATE THREAD, I LOVE IT ❤️ *is a total sucker for debates*

Altho the post is vague and idk, what would we debate about??? What's the biggest thing/issue/scandal right now tho that people feel conflicted about? There are so many weird shit here in vk idk where we would all even start man lol

I guess whatever we were passionate about at the time? So, if someone had a topic they wanted to debate over, they could just start a thread in the forum and I guess everyone would take it from there. Thanks, btw~! ^_^

11 hours ago, Gesu said:

I'm a girl who loves a civil debate, and we all know there's been some occasional drama on this site. Very occasional, but it's happened. I think that having a forum for civil debates on a wide range of topics could be a good idea to stop all the unnecessary shitestorms. Plus, it could just be interesting to share opinions on topics related to VK/non-VK. Ye or nah?

P.S. I can't stress the "civil" part of this enough. I'm not trying to rock the boat, I swear.

I appreciate both your proposal and your genuine concern for the community, lil' sis. But unfortunately, I don't see the need for something like this - and here's why:

1. This is already an open forum, so people are free to discuss and debate whatever topics they'd like to as long as they abide by the forum rules. 'Civility' is already a prerequisite to posting here, and we've got tons of forums/sub-forums suitable for a variety of topics.
  2. It's already the job of staff to quell unnecessary drama . We're not always as efficient as we'd like to be, but fuck, we're human. sue us :lol:
  3. Too many people would just use this as an opportunity to indulge in pointless one-upsmanship instead of seeking genuine understanding.
  4. And lastly, this forum just isn't mature enough to debate important topics without taking things personally. Hell, half of the community would already be triggered before the debate even got started. 🤷‍♂️

If you're looking for a specific place in the forum where you'd like to spark a certain discussion though, you could always just make a status saying you want to debate over X subject, or make a thread over at general discussion or feel free to post about any news topic! 

12 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I appreciate both your proposal and your genuine concern for the community, lil' sis. But unfortunately, I don't see the need for something like this - and here's why:

1. This is already an open forum, so people are free to discuss and debate whatever topics they'd like to as long as they abide by the forum rules. 'Civility' is already a prerequisite to posting here, and we've got tons of forums/sub-forums suitable for a variety of topics.
  2. It's already the job of staff to quell unnecessary drama . We're not always as efficient as we'd like to be, but fuck, we're human. sue us :lol:
  3. Too many people would just use this as an opportunity to indulge in pointless one-upsmanship instead of seeking genuine understanding.
  4. And lastly, this forum just isn't mature enough to debate important topics without taking things personally. Hell, half of the community would already be triggered before the debate even got started. 🤷‍♂️

Well, fuck, you're right. I wish you weren't with those last two points, but I guess we can't argue with the facts. Oh, well, thank you anyways~! ^_^

On 3/12/2019 at 12:28 PM, Gesu said:

I guess I inadvertently brought about what you had in mind. 😮