Jump to content
riyusama

Anyone here RP-ed in tumblr at around 2010-ish?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys! Idk if this is even an appropriate thread to make lol but, I remember back then in my early days of being a Visual Kei fan, around 2010 was also the year I started to do rp-ing (since an old friend of mine dragged me into it). I remember back then, in tumblr I would see like 4 to 8 Ruki rp-ers in tumblr and they'd all be dating like Reita or smth because ya know, fangirls trying to make their OTP's come true. 

 

I had my fair share of ups and downs in those days, met a couple of friends and lost some. If anyone still actually uses/follows a couple of VK rp-ers there, you'd notice that a couple of years ago there was someone moaning in jrp-confessions about missing the 'good ol'days', if ya'll wondering who the hell that person was... Look no more, it was me lol

 

I guess in a way, I still feel nostalgic about it. I got into VK just 1 year earlier before coming to tumblr then, meeting with all sorts of different fans of VK there. It was fun and I kinda wish I could still re-connect with some of my old friends there since they're gone/can't be contacted now, and hey, maybe even apologize to the others that I've hurt (cut me some slack guys, I was 12 or smth at those years, so you can imagine how much of an asshole and dickhead I could've been in those days, no seriously I was the type of kid you'd love to MURDER back then).

 

But yeah, all in all, tumblr and vk oddly enough became pretty much intertwined for me because of that. Maybe fb as well, but not so much lol 

 

Sooooo, yeahhhhh... Idk how to end this post here lol anyone here have the same or at least close enough experiences like mine? ouo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood how people managed to RP on tumblr (I never actually understood tumblr). I was more of a forum kinda RPer and I moved on to FB and VK when forums died out.

 

I still RP, it's kinda sad LOL I do mostly AU and interact with lots of Korean RPers, they are nicer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to rp yomi like 10 years ago, but it was on russian social network, as far as i can remember tumblr became a thing in russia a bit later. it was fun! i found the whole band there and on april fools we changed our profiles to sendai kamotsu and posted something stupid w

tbh i couldn't accept for a long time when the whole rp thing faded away, but now i understand that what i really couldn't embrace that the whole community i felt myself part of broke up, people moved on and changed their interests. rather then rp i miss times when vk was more popular〜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to rp on tumblr, but coming from doing mainly forum based rp it was kinda hard to get used to, so I abandoned it.  I miss rping, but at the same time, I know I could never keep up with it properly right now.  Maybe I can again someday, but also maybe that time has passed.  I do have a dope af OC tho, and I still love her v much.  I put a lot into creating her and used to get a lot of compliments about how real she seemed.  Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly just rped  on places like forums, and then I stopped after forums more or less faded away. For some reason, I never really got into rping on websites like Tumblr or other social media sites. I guess I became too used to rping on forums. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun! Creating characters and coming up with story ideas was a blast. I remember even creating detailed profiles for the characters I rped (like a dork lol xD) 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lestat said:

Everybody despised me and I bet they still do after more than five years of inactivity, fun times.

Love, Kisaki.

Ho shi man, spill the beans who were you on tumblr rp?!?! XD I think a fair amount of people despised me as well before but that was because my 12 year old ass before couldn't decipher the difference between ooc and ic lol

 

If Kisaki(as per your love Kisaki signature lol), I don't think we have ever crossed paths yet XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I never understood how people managed to RP on tumblr (I never actually understood tumblr). I was more of a forum kinda RPer and I moved on to FB and VK when forums died out.

 

I still RP, it's kinda sad LOL I do mostly AU and interact with lots of Korean RPers, they are nicer.

 

Oh dude, which forums do you rp at? Most of the places I go to pretty much dead nowadays tbh... Altho, sometimes I get a bit scared of rp-ing with lots of Korean rp-ers since most of the FC's I use are still JRockers XD

 

Tumblr rp has become more complex now and a lot of elitists are kinda there now too lol you have to have a good blog theme, know how to edit html and all that shebang nowadays... Altho some aren't like that but yeah, if the blog is too messy people will tend to ignore you lol

 

10 hours ago, yomii said:

i used to rp yomi like 10 years ago, but it was on russian social network, as far as i can remember tumblr became a thing in russia a bit later. it was fun! i found the whole band there and on april fools we changed our profiles to sendai kamotsu and posted something stupid w

tbh i couldn't accept for a long time when the whole rp thing faded away, but now i understand that what i really couldn't embrace that the whole community i felt myself part of broke up, people moved on and changed their interests. rather then rp i miss times when vk was more popular〜

 

" rather then rp i miss times when vk was more popular〜"

 

Okay, that was so nicely put that, that's exactly how I feel lol I think one of the main reasons I miss tumblr rp so much is because I really got to connect with so many people there. I had loads of friends and we would just fangirl over them vk boys. So many people moved on from the fandom, I still even remember the LJ days of fanfic writing, I see the old authors move on to different fandoms now and it just... Well, I get it new interests but I love their writing style and get sad that I won't read new fanfics from them anymore lol

 

I kinda wish vk rp would get popular again but, I somehow doubt that it would relive it's glory days in 2010 ;w;

 

6 hours ago, God said:

I tried to rp on tumblr, but coming from doing mainly forum based rp it was kinda hard to get used to, so I abandoned it.  I miss rping, but at the same time, I know I could never keep up with it properly right now.  Maybe I can again someday, but also maybe that time has passed.  I do have a dope af OC tho, and I still love her v much.  I put a lot into creating her and used to get a lot of compliments about how real she seemed.  Good times.

 

Will you ever come back to rp-ing? ;w; I kept telling myself back then (literally just a few days ago) that I'll stop rp-ing but, eventually I always come back to it lol I guess it's just too addictive in it's own way. 

 

And ohhhhh!! An OC! Was she vk inspired? I did love hearing about OC's before, they're getting rather popular nowadays with vk tumblr tho (since it's so smol now) others are just getting vk fc's then, oc them up. It's pretty cute tbh but idk, I don't interact with them much since I like to do paragraph style rp more and they're more into one-liners and such.

 

 

5 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Mainly just rped  on places like forums, and then I stopped after forums more or less faded away. For some reason, I never really got into rping on websites like Tumblr or other social media sites. I guess I became too used to rping on forums. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun! Creating characters and coming up with story ideas was a blast. I remember even creating detailed profiles for the characters I rped (like a dork lol xD) 

 

 

 

 

No, u mainly rp with me only on skype LOL jk jk I shall give u a huge slap on the back me bro and tell u to rp with me on tumblr now lololololol I never really rp-ed on forums much, wish there were more vk themed forums here so I can interact with them fans more ;w; also wtf u never told me u rp-ed in forums before, I feel cheated my bro my dork my dude my idk what to say next but u get my point lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, riyusama said:

Oh dude, which forums do you rp at? Most of the places I go to pretty much dead nowadays tbh... Altho, sometimes I get a bit scared of rp-ing with lots of Korean rp-ers since most of the FC's I use are still JRockers XD

 

Tumblr rp has become more complex now and a lot of elitists are kinda there now too lol you have to have a good blog theme, know how to edit html and all that shebang nowadays... Altho some aren't like that but yeah, if the blog is too messy people will tend to ignore you lol

Shadows of the World, Doll House something... I think Mahoutokoro, Elemental and Secret Hollow Hill were on forums before jumping on to social media, where I joined them... I move around the Spanish RP comminuty, never found RPers in English able to write something serious. Last offer I got was some chick who apparently wanted me to RP an artist to pretend to be her boyfriend/OC's boyfriend (same thing IMO) and... nope. 

 

I keep my Japanese FC in the current community I'm in, never used a Korean FC. I'm mainly doing Harry Potter universe based RP and High Fantasy AU with my current character.

 

I keep telling myself I'm old enough to quit already but I never do lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, riyusama said:

 

Will you ever come back to rp-ing? ;w; I kept telling myself back then (literally just a few days ago) that I'll stop rp-ing but, eventually I always come back to it lol I guess it's just too addictive in it's own way. 

 

And ohhhhh!! An OC! Was she vk inspired? I did love hearing about OC's before, they're getting rather popular nowadays with vk tumblr tho (since it's so smol now) others are just getting vk fc's then, oc them up. It's pretty cute tbh but idk, I don't interact with them much since I like to do paragraph style rp more and they're more into one-liners and such.

I may go back eventually.  I definitely miss doing it.  I used to get up every morning and check the forum I was on, then spend hours on there when I had some free time.  Those were for sure the days. 😂

 

She wasn’t based on VK, but I did base her off of my favorite jpop idol, Koda Kumi (who is also her face claim).  When I first made her, she was a high school student (bc I was too, ha) who’s dad owned a record label.  She wanted to be a singer, but she wanted to rely on her own talent and not her dad’s connections.  The second version of her that I made when I got older, her dad died and she inherited the label, so she was always busy.  This time, she was more of a bad bitch than the high school version of her was.  The high school one was kind of standoffish and got into arguments a lot.  But as an adult, she didn’t really have time for stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, Komorebi said:

Shadows of the World, Doll House something... I think Mahoutokoro, Elemental and Secret Hollow Hill were on forums before jumping on to social media, where I joined them... I move around the Spanish RP comminuty, never found RPers in English able to write something serious. Last offer I got was some chick who apparently wanted me to RP an artist to pretend to be her boyfriend/OC's boyfriend (same thing IMO) and... nope. 

 

I keep my Japanese FC in the current community I'm in, never used a Korean FC. I'm mainly doing Harry Potter universe based RP and High Fantasy AU with my current character.

 

I keep telling myself I'm old enough to quit already but I never do lol

Ohhhhhh, I don't know these rp places ouo the only VK forums I remember were Seventh Sanctuary? I think that was the name of the forum? lol I can;t remember much, but lemme describe some of the forums I joined before cuz maybe we crossed paths before XD Like that Seventh Sanctum/Sanctuary thing was like inspired out of the anime Vampire Knight. Another was this fantasy forum that for the life of me, that's the only description about it I remember lol but they were affiliated with the seventh forum so I applied to that one but, it was already dead when I applied lol Another which was a bit recent was the Blood Trade rp forum, it wasn;t long lived sadly ;w; respectively, those rp's were like 6 years ago then, maybe 2 or 3 years ago for the Blood Trade one?

 

Oh lol same, when I rp-ed around tumblr most of them wanted the usual love life with sparkles and marriage and all that shit. No shade to them though, I get wanting the happy vk gays with their kids XD but it just never really interested me enough ;w; also the fact that most of them are only singleship/taken so you don;t really know what to rp with them about XD

 

Oh shit!! Your experience reminded me of my own lol I was searching up for rp partners through LJ and one person messaged me. It was years ago, but I was like, I just want someone to rp with and hopefully, I can have Jin (drummer of SCREW) as the uke. Someone messaged me that Jin looks like Uruha anyways so they want me to RP with them with their bottom Uruha and I was like in a very polite way "No thank you." and they literally messaged me shit like "You'll never find an rp partner yada yada when you're this picky and shit" and I was like okay??? Idk what I did to offend you but okay??? after that It was a few hit and miss rp's with other strangers on tumblr, rp-ing characters they want me to cuz I might like it but in the end, I lost interest lol

 

HP and high fantasy! I'm a total sucker for those shits, but with the HP fandom I'm a bit scared of rp-ing with them since I only know the movies and never really read the books XD I always look for fantasy groups, may I ask for the link of that group if you're cool with it? XD

 

And pfff dude same here, will we ever even out grow rp-ing though? lol tbh right now me and my friend just think of rp-ing now as writing fanfics together and shit XD

On 3/14/2019 at 1:03 AM, God said:

I may go back eventually.  I definitely miss doing it.  I used to get up every morning and check the forum I was on, then spend hours on there when I had some free time.  Those were for sure the days. 😂

 

She wasn’t based on VK, but I did base her off of my favorite jpop idol, Koda Kumi (who is also her face claim).  When I first made her, she was a high school student (bc I was too, ha) who’s dad owned a record label.  She wanted to be a singer, but she wanted to rely on her own talent and not her dad’s connections.  The second version of her that I made when I got older, her dad died and she inherited the label, so she was always busy.  This time, she was more of a bad bitch than the high school version of her was.  The high school one was kind of standoffish and got into arguments a lot.  But as an adult, she didn’t really have time for stuff like that.

Ohh shiittt, I love those days of activity and just waiting for someone to reply back to one of my threads ;w; ahhh the good'ol days dsbibcakjs

 

Oh shit!! I love Koda Kumi's songs ❤️❤️❤️ And she sounds like a very interesting character!! ouo I feel like, I could see your OC as a character in movies nowadays XD Her background kinda sounds like a main heroine's in a movie sdbicbjkdsnk I love bitch characters cuz I used to have this OC of mine and I always imagined her as this soft grill who's cutesy pastel life but then she's bff's with this strong woman and I'm like sbdabcjh sorry got carried away with telling about my own OC lolololol but from what I remember, that OC's FC was Masuwaka Tsubasa cuz she was super adorbs sndcfndsk but now I think I changed her FC to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 10:34 AM, riyusama said:

 

 

Oh shit!! I love Koda Kumi's songs ❤️❤️❤️ And she sounds like a very interesting character!! ouo I feel like, I could see your OC as a character in movies nowadays XD Her background kinda sounds like a main heroine's in a movie sdbicbjkdsnk I love bitch characters cuz I used to have this OC of mine and I always imagined her as this soft grill who's cutesy pastel life but then she's bff's with this strong woman and I'm like sbdabcjh sorry got carried away with telling about my own OC lolololol but from what I remember, that OC's FC was Masuwaka Tsubasa cuz she was super adorbs sndcfndsk but now I think I changed her FC to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu lol

Dude I love Kumi so much, I don’t even think there are words for it.  She’s def someone I look up to and have a lottt of respect for.   And no worries!  Hearing about other people’s OCs is nice, especially when someone really loves them.  🖤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...