Shaolan974

DADAROMA new maxi-single "デンドロビューム" (Dendrobium) release

Just have many iterations of the same shitty b-sides are they going to make? Always the same ballad, always the same "party" song. Ugh.

Add.: I'd like them to make a concept full album, without any previously released songs. They stopped challenging themselves like 3 years ago (eh, if ever, they just seemed fresh, before). Their b-sides used to be enjoyable, before, but they've come to put out the same shit for years, now.  Sure, they have some amazing songs even furher down the line and I really enjoyed dadaism #4, but this, this really ain't it.

Edited by 123Sandman321

Now for me almost all of these lately sound like bad anime 2000s 'speedcore' youtube remixes, shame cause I still really like his voice and his growls. 捨て猫のロンド sounds ok I guess.

The title track kinda slaps, but like... Not as good as their usual work and then the b-sides are completely bland. Another one I would really like to see go the way of Good single, good single, album and not... Whatever they're doing. 

yeah its a shame, they all are pretty strong musicians and can do so much more. ill still check their next releases in hope for miracle but this and dadaism#4 are frustrating

It seems like the new single is all over the place. Which given the "concept" may be done purposefully, but still. I think the songs just sound very uninspired. May change my mind upon full release, but idk, didn't catch my interest unlike previous stuff.

Idk, to me every Dadaroma release has at least one interesting track and a completely forgettable one. I've never been super into them and I can't say their change of direction has been good or bad, they seem to be huge in Japan right now. I mean, huge for the VK scene.

Edited by Komorebi

I am saddened finding myself out of love towards them. They were so promising. But they don't have any growth whatsoever music wise.

I really wish they'd drop something brutal. Its kind of a shame that they make mostly ballads. They're nice but a lot of them sound the same. 

Same as always... Did I already say this earlier somewhere? Their super formulaic single format doesn't help any matters either. The wild use of synth in the first and last tracks is quite fine and a welcome addition if you're hard into them and even the slightest novelty will you over a few releases longer. 

Yeah, every song there is very formulaic, but if this is what assures them a good income of money to keep doing what they love... good for them. They are very talented and deserve to be succesful in what they do. Same goes for Kiryu among many other bands that are coming trough the same situation today.

Also, remember VK is nowadays an item of urban night entertainment aimed to otaku and "alternative" girls, thus following this trend of "party" industrial tunes may be a must for every band active in today's scene. Btw, was Gazette's "Inside beast" that started it all?

Edited by saiko