Zeus

What are you listening to 2?

On 11/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, CAT5 said:

@YuyoDrift @platy - don't this sound like it could be an old Utada song???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rei_Yasuda

"Rachel Rhodes was born in North Carolina, United States on April 15, 1993...she was inspired to become a singer after hearing her mother listening to "First Love" by Utada Hikaru. She was later influenced by Mariya Takeuchi and Love Psychedelico."

M Y  Q U E E N  🙏

-but seriously, that quivery vibrato is def. inspired but she's really good at it. I've only heard of the name "Genki Rockets", but what I've (now) briefly heard of her newer solo-work is really appealing.

-

Edited by colorful人生

On 11/29/2019 at 3:03 AM, CAT5 said:

@YuyoDrift @platy - don't this sound like it could be an old Utada song???

This song was crumpled in Utada's bin and this girl happened to be walking past...

As for myself I'm still on a Shiina binge and very happy to see Aya x Mikey in this MV. Hopefully there'll be an Aya x Tokyo Gegegay collab in the future

On 11/30/2019 at 12:33 PM, colorful人生 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rei_Yasuda

"Rachel Rhodes was born in North Carolina, United States on April 15, 1993...she was inspired to become a singer after hearing her mother listening to "First Love" by Utada Hikaru. She was later influenced by Mariya Takeuchi and Love Psychedelico."

M Y  Q U E E N  🙏

-but seriously, that quivery vibrato is def. inspired but she's really good at it. I've only heard of the name "Genki Rockets", but what I've (now) briefly heard of her newer solo-work is really appealing.

Oh nice! Thanks for the info bruh! It's good to know that my ears are still sharp :lol: Rei's got a nice voice and that's a nice song. she fine too 👀 

Actually doing this on the original PSP PD where you basically have to belt this shit out w/ one hand (minus some of the notes present in the arcade ver.) Seems to be a yearly Christmas tradition to torture my right hand, but fun nonetheless. 

BONUS:

Spoiler

been on that weeb stuff lately ~(o3o)~

Edited by colorful人生

Didn't know those guys were still around... I've listened to some of their old works some year ago but then I never happened to hear them again... by the way nice album!