Zeus

What are you listening to 2?

Underrated af. I swear, it’s such a good song—the melody, the bass, the drums, the guitars, the vocals, the clever insertion of distorted backing vocals, the chiptune-y thingy which you might hear at some points if you’re careful and lucky, and the bells.

its literally been since my teeny years that ive peeped this band out and im just nostalgia-ing the fuck out everywhere. i notice theyre still around and have held onto the same 5 band members, can anyone let me know how good their music is nowadays  

56 minutes ago, chipathy said:

its literally been since my teeny years that ive peeped this band out and im just nostalgia-ing the fuck out everywhere. i notice theyre still around and have held onto the same 5 band members, can anyone let me know how good their music is nowadays  

it's shit

Also, TIL JC got kicked out of SLAVES (I haven't listened to them in a while, this is the new vocalist.) He's been dealing w/ addiction issues for well over a decade now :/. 

BONUS:

Spoiler

Edited by colorful人生

On 10/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, chipathy said:

Certainly not as harsh as it was at the beginning. Mixed quality, not atrocious like someone else said but certainly inconsistent.

Can finally cross Tiger Army off the list of bands I've wanted to see since I was 15. It was kind of shocking to see just how little Nick 13 has changed physically since I first watched one of their YouTube videos back in like 2005. He looks and sounds almost exactly the same, and I can't tell if it's just that he always used to look much older than his actual age in his 20s or if he looks incredible for 40-something. Probably a bit of both.

I'm a sucker for retro rock, so the sound of the new album is right up my alley too.

Didn't even recognize Mike Fasano drumming for them until he introduced the band members. Hearing that name totally brought me back to my Metal Sludge reading days too. Was like warping 13 years back in time.

Edited by violetchain