CAT5

Monochrome Heaven's "A picture is worth a thousand songs" Trade-Off!

Monochrome Heaven's

"A picture is worth a 1000 songs"

Trade-Off!

Meltdown-Expected_WEB.jpg

Greetings MH! I hope everyone is well.  :3

For those who might be participating for the first time: the Trade-Off is a music exchange where you'll be paired up with another member and tasked with creating a mixtape for them based on the current theme! After exchanging mixes with your partner, you'll be given time to listen to the mix so that you can offer your own critique/review, in which you'll be able describe your experience and let your partner how you enjoyed the mix and how you thought they handled the theme. :)

What is this theme about?

We've all heard the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words". It's a common idiom referring to the notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single picture, or that a picture tells a story just as well as, if not better than, a plethora of written words. So I wanted to play off of that idea with this theme.

The goal here is to find an image you like, or one that inspires you, and create a mix that evokes the same feelings or aesthetic that the image does for you....to create a mix that embodies the story being told within the image...a mix that, when you listen to it, you can look at the image, and literally SEE what you're hearing!...a mix where each song reflects the essence of your image. Got it? How many different songs can you describe your image in?

The picture can be anything you want (tho nothing sexually explicit, offensive, or against the forum rules please). So essentially, the image you choose IS your theme!

There's no right or wrong way to do this, as it's all very subjective, but I think this will make for some interesting results!

*Special* Rules:

(these rules are unique to this specific trade-off event)

• :staru: Must include an image with your mixtape, as it will represent the theme of your mix.
  • :staru: Your image must be at least 500 x 500 px or larger (it doesn't have to be square). We want to really get the feel of your image, so good quality is paramount!
  • :staru: Be sure to post your partner's image when you review their mix!

Basic Rules:

• Send a list of songs to your partner; minimum is 10 songs, maximum is 70 minutes long.
  • At least half of the mix must consist of Japanese artists but any other language is fine for the rest! A song can only be used once.
  • You must critique each song and give it a rating (?/5, or ?/10, whichever you prefer)
  • Critiques must be longer than one sentence (explain why you liked/disliked/don't care for about the song). Also, in your critique let us know if you feel or see anything in particular from one or more combination of tracks.
  • Participants who fail to submit a review by the deadline will not be allowed to participate in the next trade-off. Users who give notice ahead of time that they will be late may be exempt. Users who did not submit a review for the last trade-off are not allowed to participate in this one.

Some things worth thinking about!

(these aren't rules - just a few things worth considering while participating in this event. suggestions even.)

• Since this is trade-off is more based on "feelings", it might be better to focus on how songs sound and the mood they evoke, rather than actual lyrics. Although lyrics can most definitely be of use in this theme as well!
  • Keep in mind that there is no "correct" way to interpret the mixes you'll be receiving
  • When reviewing your partner's mix, it might be helpful to view the songs on two different spectrum: how you feel about the song personally, and if you think the song matches up with the selected image/theme.

Any questions? Feel free to send em my way!

Sign-up will end and partners will be revealed Thursday, February 28th

Your mix must be sent by Friday, March 8th

Final reviews must be posted by Sunday, March 17th

Ladies and gentz, let's get to it!!! :angel:

Participants

1. @CAT5
  2. @yomii
  3. @platy
  4. @monkeybanana4
  5. @Lestat
  6. @Komorebi
  7. @reminiscing2004
  8. @doombox
  9. @Triangle
  10. @Seimeisen
  11. @ghost
  12. @togz
  13. @Zeus
  14. @Hohchicano96

Pairings

1. @yomii & @Seimeisen
  2. @monkeybanana4 & @Hohchicano96
  3. @Komorebi & @Triangle
  4. @doombox & @platy
  5. @reminiscing2004 & @Lestat
  6. @ghost & @togz
  7. @Zeus & @CAT5

1 hour ago, togz said:

I won’t be able to finish a mix by the deadline so I’ll need to drop out. Sorry

I've spoken with @togz and other members regarding the deadline for mix submissions, and i'm gonna extend the submission deadline to Friday, March 8th. So please exchange your mixes by this date at the latest. Of course, mixes can be exchanged and reviews can be posted beforehand as well.

40 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

I've spoken with @togz and other members regarding the deadline for mix submissions, and i'm gonna extend the submission deadline to Friday, March 8th. So please exchange your mixes by this date at the latest. Of course, mixes can be exchanged and reviews can be posted beforehand as well.

Bless v___v