Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

1 hour ago, platy said:

I listened to X Japan for the first time. The only song that stands out is Xclamation. Otherwise they're just a subpar glam rock band with a god-awful vocalist

they made some points on dahlia

but overall they're awful & yoshiki's narcissism is so weird in light of their mediocre overhyped discog

BT/luna sea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Imho, X Japan is a great band but I would consider then slightly overrated. Not in a “they’re bad” way but in the sense that “there are more bands than just X Japan” kind of way.

Then again, I don’t care if anyone dislikes X Japan 🤷🏻‍♀️

But I wouldn’t go as far to say they’re horrible (to me at least can’t speak for everyone obviously).

Blue Blood is still one of my favourite VK albums so

X Japan *were* a good band. The new album is probably my least anticipated album of all time, because I’m already feeling second-hand embarrassment for how YOSHIKI has hyped this up, only to find out that their latest songs have mostly been the pap that prevented Dahlia from being a perfect album. I don’t know how much cheese the world can handle.

1 hour ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

X Japan *were* a good band. The new album is probably my least anticipated album of all time, because I’m already feeling second-hand embarrassment for how YOSHIKI has hyped this up, only to find out that their latest songs have mostly been the pap that prevented Dahlia from being a perfect album. I don’t know how much cheese the world can handle.

I actually like the new songs. 

Plus, I don’t give a shit about Yoshiki or his attitude. 

2 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

Don't suffer because of something that will probably never come out. 

Seikima-II is quite clearly the superior glam-influenced metal band anyway t b q h

I love all X japan albums (excluding that big self-indulgent jerkoff that is Art of Life) but have to say  with Toshi's extreme retardation in all that cult fiasco that stopped the band activities in their peak + Yoshiki's excessive melodrama that is probably all a plan to get the most attention possible without actually releasing anything makes me question if there is any correlation to making great music and being intelligent at all