Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

6 minutes ago, violetchain said:

Even though I know the correct pronunciation of "xTRiPx" now, I still read it as "eks trip" in my head every time I see it.

and what is the correct pronunciation? o:

Watch me reading ALL bands names as they were italian words. 😎

Upside is that japanese and Italian work similar in pronunciations so if the band has a japanese name it usually doesn't end too much f*cken up.

1 minute ago, violetchain said:

It's just "trip"

I still just read it as "x-trip-x"... why does it look like an emo username? The only thing that's missing is "rawr".

I think that if I met Hiro from Nocturnal Bloodlust, I would feel very intimidated. I never even got around to listening to them, but he's always scared the living shite out of me. He might be a really nice person, and I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but the dude's a fucking unit. He could probably snap my neck with his thumb and index finger if he wanted to.

He's a funny guy but yeah, he looks like he could break my backbone in 7 places without any effort.

Edited by ShTon

This gift shop I like recently started selling Japanese sweets/drinks and I just tried their melon soda solely because Yo-ka likes it and I gotta say, it's very nice. Expensive, but nice.

I talk about Yo-ka from DIAURA so much that my best friend sometimes calls him Egg Yolk or No-ka just to piss me off. It's fine tho, cuz I do the same thing to her sometimes with stuff she likes. Ahh, best friendship. Like worst enemyship but worse.

Not to open up a can of worms, but I really hate it when something bad happens in VK and people say "oh, well, it's VK, what else can you expect" or something along those lines. As if the names Ian Watkins, Sid Vicious and Gary Glitter suddenly mean nothing to them.

I don't think it's so much that people are dismissive of events but rather that the scene overall is infamous for it's sleaze and underbelly.
More along the vein of "this isn't all that surprising to me" as a thought, ultimately.

28 minutes ago, NICKT said:

I don't think it's so much that people are dismissive of events but rather that the scene overall is infamous for it's sleaze and underbelly.
More along the vein of "this isn't all that surprising to me" as a thought, ultimately.

That's kind of what I meant; not that people are dismissive of western events, but that the whole of VK is apparently full of terrible people just because a few dickheads fucked up. I think a lot of the stigma is really undeserved.

Cue people thinking I'm an idiot just for having a bit of faith in humanity... or not, MH is usually pretty chill

On 5/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, GreatNorthernVK said:

I fully plan on snapping a couple pictures of the Gazette show in Toronto. #RespecttheGazette be damned!

aaaand this is why vk bands hate us

18 minutes ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

They also hate file sharing, yet here we all are.

The difference is, it's easier to share their stuff than actually plan out going to another fucking country just to go to a concert. VK bands rarely have the gall to come overseas, especially these days, so at least give them some respect.

I've been back into the vk scene for approx 6 months ... and I'm already bored :9

not enough (good) releases to keep me entertained!!!

15 hours ago, suji said:

The difference is, it's easier to share their stuff than actually plan out going to another fucking country just to go to a concert. VK bands rarely have the gall to come overseas, especially these days, so at least give them some respect.

If you haven’t noticed, the people reporting from The Wiltern weren’t even told that photos during the concert were prohibited. Only professional equipment.

Photos were only prohibited during the Meet & Greet.

What my problem is, is that there’s inevitably some White Knights that come out of the woodwork that choose to be elitist about this one issue, while ignoring all of the other things that the fandom does that the bands don’t like.

Just now, GreatNorthernVK said:

What my problem is, is that there’s inevitably some White Knights that come out of the woodwork that choose to be elitist about this one issue, while ignoring all of the other things that the fandom does that the bands don’t like.

This is actually a very good point. Still, if you're going to say this solely out of respect for a band, it's probably better to just respect them in all aspects unless they're requesting something absolutely ridiculous.

It depends on the scale of the venue, I suppose, but personally, I just feel like it's a bit sad for the artist because they can actually see you doing it right in front of them. I felt super bad for Miyavi the one time I saw him live.

The venue staff actually went to the trouble of checking everyone for cameras and putting them in little bags to make sure no one took any pictures, but people still had phones or cameras they sneaked in up in the air throughout the whole show. (this was a long time ago, so cellphones weren't used for photos and videos as much as they are now) I remember Miyavi even personally asked if people could cut it out while he was onstage, but they still didn't stop. I mean, sure, it's just some pictures and it's a silly, outdated policy, but it just felt kind of rude that they ignored his request right to his face like that.

Then again, the crowd at that concert was pretty rude in general. My friend actually left where we were standing and went to sit at the bar halfway through, it was so unpleasant.