Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

5 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Honestly, I'm so glad to hear this because I'm on exactly the same wavelength as you here, and normally, if you bring this kind of perspective up, you get ree'd at.

i highkey don't give a fuck cuz im into vk for almost half of my life so i think i know smth about the scene and can express my opinion freely. what you see in vk is your choice. you're free to enjoy fandom gossiping, which can also be fun, or to just enjoy fantasy which bands are offering you through their music or visuals. and i'm not saying that if you're interested in behind-the-scenes stuff you aren't interested in the music~

4 hours ago, 123Sandman321 said:

#MyMusicScaresPeople :D

Blast that shit, don't be ashamed of what you like. There are only two outcomes, either people won't give a damn or you'll get an interesting topic for conversation.

Kudos to that advice! It's something I wasn't actively aware of when I was younger, but fortunately I realized this as I've gotten older. It's a part of me, and makes up a part of who I am today, so I shouldn't feel embarrassed by it. Like @yomii said, there is real beauty and creativity going on in the scene (aside from all the insane drama, but that's sort of unavoidable, lol), and precious gems from the past to discover all the time. And I shouldn't stop exploring (and enjoying) it because of people's opinion. It has made me feel happier and "fuller" as a person overall. 

Edited by monkeybanana4
adding

I picture Jun (Gotcharocka) working as some mad science because there's no way that lil shit is 39 without some fountain of youth :S

either that or he's a time traveler.

when another Jun (Golden Bomber) got married I pictured him and Kenji being husband and mifey

also another Jun.. Junjun (Dog in the PWO ) would beat the contestants in Rupauls drag race even though he's not in drag but he's just too fab ❤️

I'm really glad that VK has pretty much kept a no filming/photos policy during lives because I'd rather stay at home than deal with gyas trying to make content for their socials...

4 hours ago, utaulatias said:

I'm really glad that VK has pretty much kept a no filming/photos policy during lives because I'd rather stay at home than deal with gyas trying to make content for their socials...

also, people wouldn't be able to do the cool hand furi choregraphy or whatever its  called if they were using cellphones to take pictures. I always find annoying when in concerts in other countries people are more worried about recording taking pics than actually enjoying the show, so I also appreciate this.

While I've enjoyed some of the songs I've heard from them over the years, I've never been able to will myself to listen to a full GALNERYUS release featuring Sho on vocals.

I really should give their more recent stuff a shot, because I liked the theme they did for Hunter x Hunter a lot, but Yama-B's super earnest vibe and general goofiness were the main things I liked about them, tbh, so it's still kind of hard to force myself to make the adjustment...

I don't like most of 90's and older vk. ;w; I tried to get into it but couldn't find anything I liked. I'll just stick to the 00's and present stuff.

I never considered my taste in music to be good, tho.

Edited by ShTon

20 minutes ago, chocobuzz said:

I once made a "who is your vk boyfriend" quiz on some quiz site. Also I didn't include any of my own favorite band members in the quiz because I didn't want anyone else to get them as their "boyfriends" lol.

That reminds me; when I was about sixteen, I made one of those cootie-catcher fortune teller things that would tell you who your VK boyfriend was, and I kept bothering my straight male friends with it. If I remember rightly, the ones I picked for it were Juri (ex-DELUHI/Breakin' Holiday), Reita (the GazettE), Hitomi (ex-Moran), Chisa (ex-DIV/ACME), Shiina Mio (UNiTE), Kamijo (Versailles), Lay (Fatima) and Gackt. I could be totally wrong with some of those. I'm beginning to wonder if I still have it knocking about somewhere. I'll look for it, and if I find it, I'll see if I remembered them all correctly.

ETA: I was right with everyone except Lay. I had Yo-ka from DIAURA... shoulda known. I haven't changed a diddly-darn bit.

Edited by Gesu
Found it!

22 hours ago, Gesu said:

That reminds me; when I was about sixteen, I made one of those cootie-catcher fortune teller things that would tell you who your VK boyfriend was, and I kept bothering my straight male friends with it. If I remember rightly, the ones I picked for it were Juri (ex-DELUHI/Breakin' Holiday), Reita (the GazettE), Hitomi (ex-Moran), Chisa (ex-DIV/ACME), Shiina Mio (UNiTE), Kamijo (Versailles), Lay (Fatima) and Gackt. I could be totally wrong with some of those. I'm beginning to wonder if I still have it knocking about somewhere. I'll look for it, and if I find it, I'll see if I remembered them all correctly.

ETA: I was right with everyone except Lay. I had Yo-ka from DIAURA... shoulda known. I haven't changed a diddly-darn bit.

You should have rigged it to read “Gackt” in all cases.

I haven't listened to anything from Janne da Arc but Chaos Mode. That's all I need. I'm probably missing out but w/e.

I never got the Diaura hype. Like yeah, they have some damn amazing melodic choruses, and that's what finally drew me to some of their music after so long. But to me that's all they have going for them and it's nothing groundbreaking. Not sure why everyone loves Yo-ka considering he looks like every other vocalist in terms of hair and makeup and his voice is just... good. Nothing amazing. I don't get it! Maybe I'm desensitized. 

I also wish they'd made more songs as ディオーラ, but that's not really a confession. I've seen a few people around here with the same opinion, haha.

Edited by Zalemu

I have never cared for SuG. I listened to them many moons ago and just did not like them. I tried to, and I thought some of their songs were okay, but the rest just did not do it for me at all.

2 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

With the exception of a handful of songs, I really don’t care for La’Mule or Baiser.

They were really amateur. Some songs are catchy, but nothing more than that. When you listen 5+ songs you quickly find them uninspired and unskilled.

I don't think this is a debate thread, but I really do take issue with calling a band like Baiser uninspired when they changed up the formula with each album they released. The first album and demos don't even sound like the same band that made the second one, and by the last one they'd tightened up their game considerably from the third. La'mule also showed healthy progression throughout and the BERLIN single sounds like they would've had another chapter ahead of them had they not disbanded. 

5 hours ago, Disposable said:

I don't think this is a debate thread, but I really do take issue with calling a band like Baiser uninspired when they changed up the formula with each album they released. The first album and demos don't even sound like the same band that made the second one, and by the last one they'd tightened up their game considerably from the third. La'mule also showed healthy progression throughout and the BERLIN single sounds like they would've had another chapter ahead of them had they not disbanded. 

They are both actually enjoyable bands, but on the other hand I feel that I can't worship them more than other artists of their time, compared to whom they really seem so amateurish it hurts sometimes, heh. But hey, this is also me looking for 'quality' music, and, if there is anything VK taught me, is that 75% of the times I should enjoy other aspects of the bands within the scene rather than their musicianship, lol!

2 minutes ago, suji said:

Part two to my terrible vk pronounciations, I said Versailles as "ver-say-lees" until I saw the actual pronounciation :v 

I said it as "ver-sails". Also, I pronounced DELUHI as "de-LOO-ey" (which makes me feel stupid because once I learned how to pronounce it, it seemed so obvious), DIV as all the letters spelled out (so, "D-I-V") and DIAURA as "die-aura".