Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

8 minutes ago, God said:

i’m really glad to hear that.  also, it’s sort of comforting to know that it wasn’t smth personal and that he might just genuinely be an asshole, so thanks for sharing.  sometimes i take things personally, even if they weren’t.  maybe bc of this, ill be able to enjoy diru more now.  🖤

Yeah, of course! It can be really disheartening to have a bad experience with a band that meant a lot to you, so I’m glad if hearing that can help you find enjoyment in them again!

I LOVE Kizu music and I respect them very much as a group (they are like the only new group I bother to follow), but I find all that serious edgelord/alternative/teen angsty/gorey aesthetic very boring (already seen plenty of it since I was a teen myself, so nothing new to me).  

Except Kyounosuke's, Kyounosuke is good, I find his spin of all that same aesthetic mojo very interesting and entertaining, since he seems to take it less seriousy and "plays" with it.

Edited by Arkady

On 2/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, violetchain said:

I love Kuroyume, but I haven't listened to any of the releases that came before "Cruel" all the way through, and I don't really have any motivation to.

i cant explain how unsettling this is to hear for me

10 hours ago, juuichi said:

every time I listen to ^ all I hear is

hahaha omg, I had never listened that THE NOVEMBERS' song, cause I'm not into them at all.. but this is definitely a rip off xD  and Plastic Tree's Ghost is way much better too.. lol they thought 10 years later people will forget

51 minutes ago, yomii said:

i kinda doubt the novembers ever had intentions of plagiarizing vk lol

Why? The singer recorded parts for Ryutaro Arimura's solo album, and THE NOVEMBERS were also on the Plastic Tree tribute album. I doubt they would do it on purpose, but I don't think it's unlikely at all that they would accidentally lift something from Plastic Tree.

@violetchain well i'm always a bit sceptical about rip off theories, like, there is so much music in the world, most of the things that could be invented are already invented, in terms of musical theory, not technological progress of course. also it's too hard to distinguish rip off from being inspired by smth. speaking of this particular cause, i didn't know plastic tree and the novembers had connections, but it makes rip off theory even less feasible. if two bands have similar audience, it would be stupid for one of them to plagiarize another as it would be revealed too easy, which would be a pain in the ass

3 hours ago, violetchain said:

Why? The singer recorded parts for Ryutaro Arimura's solo album, and THE NOVEMBERS were also on the Plastic Tree tribute album. I doubt they would do it on purpose, but I don't think it's unlikely at all that they would accidentally lift something from Plastic Tree.

I knew it ha!!! my post was originally going to say "I don't think its a coincidence that the Novembers 1000yrs sounds exactly like plastic trees ghost" but started doubting my ears 

now I'm definitely convinced that they were heavily influenced 

I am confident that the Mousou Nikki battle emerged not just as an interesting musical/visual concept, bus as a genuine backlash to delusional "fans" who would sooner say thoughtless things about the musicians they claim to love than show the most basic level of human respect (and let's be real, anyone who's ever been in this fandom has come across people like this at some point or another).

21 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

hahaha omg, I had never listened that THE NOVEMBERS' song, cause I'm not into them at all.. but this is definitely a rip off xD  and Plastic Tree's Ghost is way much better too.. lol they thought 10 years later people will forget

hey, it worked for plastic tree when they ripped off radiohead, nirvana & mew themselves ;^)

On 3/17/2019 at 6:21 PM, libertine said:

I only listen to visual kei bands that say they don't think of themselves as a visual kei band, despite looking like one, sounding like one, being signed to a visual kei label and only providing interviews to visual kei magazines. When asked about who their influences are and bands they might have influenced, they answer that they don't have influences and don't know anything about other bands. They do like X-Japan though.

Basically every VK band that tried to jump on the West circa 2007. So cringey it hurts. 

Btw, my bandmates may act the same. Our songwriting screams "visual kei" in every sense but whenever someone points out anything towards that direction over it they would say "Wtf man, actually we do math rock, we have zero to do with those jap weirdos".

??????????????

Luckily I've recently gotten over it.

Edited by saiko

On 2/20/2019 at 5:28 PM, suji said:

I don't listen to a lot of vk downloads I get, I just download them as soon as possible before the link dies and then forget about them. orz

sameeeeeee, my computer and pendrives are full of albums and singles I never have time to listen to XD

Edited by porawantstodie

3 hours ago, porawantstodie said:

I don't like Gackt

Me neither. Some of his music I find passable, but then you get this:

He's just so cringy at this point.

On 2/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, violetchain said:

I love Kuroyume, but I haven't listened to any of the releases that came before "Cruel" all the way through, and I don't really have any motivation to.

Same!! But add "Like @ Angel" and Feminism

Idk who Janne de Arc are, gomen!

I feel like no matter how many times they change their hair, most J-rockers have kind of a trademark hairstyle. For Yo-ka (DIAURA), I guess this would be his blond hair with black streaks, but to me, his varying shades of brown hair were hotter than anything.

eWZbZEI.jpg

9cDDOVK.jpg

luJPFoS.jpg

Bring it back, boi

On 4/2/2019 at 12:11 AM, saiko said:

Btw, my bandmates may act the same. Our songwriting screams "visual kei" in every sense but whenever someone points out anything towards that direction over it they would say "Wtf man, actually we do math rock, we have zero to do with those jap weirdos".

Do you have samples?

11 hours ago, Gesu said:

I feel like no matter how many times they change their hair, most J-rockers have kind of a trademark hairstyle. For Yo-ka (DIAURA), I guess this would be his blond hair with black streaks, but to me, his varying shades of brown hair were hotter than anything.

eWZbZEI.jpg

9cDDOVK.jpg

luJPFoS.jpg

Bring it back, boi

i like his definition look tho, it's kinda fresh with that new hairstyle. yo-ka always looks stunning, but it's nice to see him different somehow and in a good way

thanks for diaura appreciation post btw

bring back mop on kei's face

I find people crying "I miss Hide" twice a year, having discovered him after his passing, are absolutely ridiculous. How do you miss someone whom you never knew about when he was alive?

9 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I find people crying "I miss Hide" twice a year, having discovered him after his passing, are absolutely ridiculous. How do you miss someone whom you never knew about when he was alive?

why not? i think it's never late to give your love and respect for a talented person in whatever way you express it.