Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

11 hours ago, jaymee said:

I feel pretty squick about shipping real people now but I think VK is kinda in that grey zone where you’re shipping the personas they pretend to be.

THIS

Plus, when they do fanservice I feel even less guilty about it. It's less cringey than shipping yourself with them tbh.

4 hours ago, Komorebi said:

THIS

Plus, when they do fanservice I feel even less guilty about it. It's less cringey than shipping yourself with them tbh.

Ugh yes, I've never understood the point of self-insert or (person) x reader fanfic, in any fandom.

6 hours ago, daintypersnicketydingo said:

I'm instantly attracted to any band with very short lead singers. Having always had a complex about my height it is just lots of fun seeing tiny people fill the stage with their presence.

Know that feel, I'm 151cm/4'11.5". And yes, I have finished growing. When I was fifteen. But I like short guys too, so 🤷‍♀️

I bought a new UNiTE pouch from someone on the MH Market (thanks again, you know who you are ;)) and it has a little cheki pocket on the back. I put a cheki of LiN in it but whenever I use that pouch, I hide it from my family because I don't want them to see the weirdos I'm attracted to.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:08 AM, itsukoii said:

ao3 is the place

i would know , i must confess i write the gay as well

edit: tbh i also want to confess that i don't give two shits about today's vkei anymore. the current sound trends just don't appeal to me because i'm forever stuck in the 2000s shitkei i never actually got to experience when it happened lol. PLUS when my favourite bands (meji & lycaon) went normie i just. couldn't take it anymore lmao -- so i've found myself, embarrassingly enough, deep in the gazette fandom

OMGEH YOU WRITE BOTTOM AOI FICS SO I AM DEF PUTTING YOUR FICS ON MY READ LIST NOW fnsijdnfdkjncsk I like Reituki but, when Kai is involved lolololol Basically Rukaita cuz I'm a piece of shit who loves drummers so much -cries- basically anyone in the band I ship them with Kai lololol it took me some time to read dom/top Kai tho, but slowly getting to it XD

There are some VK bands today that I'm glad I ended up liking lol altho I agree that most sound like fucking normies sdbfbadsjk maybe it's because idols are so popular now that the VK scene/musicians are trying to garner more fans? But meh, if their music is shit it really doesn't matter how good they look althoican'tsaythesameforotherbandsandithinkweallknowwhichonesi'mtalkingaboutlol The Gazette fandom is so well-established and has so many fans that it's just THAT easy to get sucked into their fandom for the sake of staying into the VK fandom XD 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:20 PM, jaymee said:

I feel like every overseas obangya over 30 either read it or wrote it! I also remember when every group had fans here in Japan drawing and publishing doujin for established band ships. You can still find a number of these relics at Mandarake.

I feel pretty squick about shipping real people now but I think VK is kinda in that grey zone where you’re shipping the personas they pretend to be.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:46 AM, jaymee said:

Ugh yes, I've never understood the point of self-insert or (person) x reader fanfic, in any fandom.

I don't think I've met a lot of bangya that are over 30 ouo which reminds me! Early this year(or I think that was late last year) I met this really cool guy that was also into VK and he's in his 30's and he apparently knows so much about VK and even knows about MH lol but, he said he doesn't want to hang out here cuz he's such an elitist fucker that he'll just get in trouble XD like he says shit like if you don't listen to X Japan and stuff then, you ain't a true fan but lol, he said that to me in a nice and friendly way anyways so I can't get mad at him sbdfihbdsjk

I wish drawing doujins was still popular today sdbfjndks I would fucking fangirl so much over them sbdcjbnsk but right now, I feel like I'm gonna be one of those bangyas now who will try to make doujins of their OTP XD when my drawing skills get better e.e

Also last point, in wattpad the vk artist x reader is VERY popular there and idk why lol one of the many reasons I stay the fuck away from that site. But at the same time, some of them are nice so I feel bad about kink shaming them lolololol one was even nice enough to make a fanfic about me and my fave (to which I forgot to read so I think they didn't continue it lol) and another someone made a ReitaxKai fanifc for me cuz I'm a thirsty bitch but I still have difficulty reading it cuz it was top Kai ahahahha

#prayforme

Edited by riyusama

I'm so tired of doing this "who's who" bullshit when I write news about new bands involving veteran bandmen, it's my least favorite part and it makes me wanna quit posting entirely.

5 minutes ago, suji said:

I'm so tired of doing this "who's who" bullshit when I write news about new bands involving veteran bandmen, it's my least favorite part and it makes me wanna quit posting entirely.

for me getting to know previous bands is actually one of the most interesting parts when a new band is announced

but i still don't understand how do you do it for some minor guys from obscure bands, especially now that vkdb isn't as helpful as earlier

so yeah it must be some boring routine

1 minute ago, yomii said:

for me getting to know previous bands is actually one of the most interesting parts when a new band is announced

but i still don't understand how do you do it for some minor guys from obscure bands, especially now that vkdb isn't as helpful as earlier

so yeah it must be some boring routine

Some minor guys I'm familiar with because they're either covered on this forum or they still have stuff from their previous band on their social media (ex. they don't straight up start anew every time they form a new band, etc.) Other than that, I hate it when I have to dig thru the Twitter rabbit hole of mutual followers just to find what other bands this person may have been in, it's very time consuming and especially stressful when people point out I'm wrong cuz I'm not familiar with this particular person...

1 minute ago, suji said:

Some minor guys I'm familiar with because they're either covered on this forum or they still have stuff from their previous band on their social media (ex. they don't straight up start anew every time they form a new band, etc.) Other than that, I hate it when I have to dig thru the Twitter rabbit hole of mutual followers just to find what other bands this person may have been in, it's very time consuming and especially stressful when people point out I'm wrong cuz I'm not familiar with this particular person...

What you do sounds so tough omgeh!! It's awful that others stress you out because of this, but even tho I've never really been that interested with looking up old bands of them musicians, thanks for helping out the others fans in doing so! People should realize that searching through the net for things like this is hella hard and you waste too much time, sometimes not even getting the information you really want e.e

I, too, read and write yaoi fanfiction. I also like to experiment with odd/crack pairings. I blame my mind for taking me to weird places when writing ^^;

Also, one time, I left one of my VK CDs out in the living room, and my parents saw it, thinking that the people on the album cover were all girls even though they were missing the obvious physical feature of a female. The beauty of visual kei xD (Btw, it was an album by Screw titled 'Screw'.)

7 minutes ago, suji said:

oh i think if someone points out you're wrong  it's just because they're familiar with that particular guy and want to help, so it's not something to stress about〜 but what you and other people do here is really huge, so thanks for keeping this site as a place were we all can find out relevant information .w.

Whenever I see a selfie taken in Hitomi (ex-Moran)'s house, I get jealous of how neat and tidy it is. Honestly, it's bloody immaculate, whereas I had to be taught how to mop properly today because apparently, I'm shite at cleaning.

I saw Dir en grey in Portland in 2008.  I was so stoked to finally see them and they were my favorite band at the time.  The show was really mediocre though. Aside from the crowd being filled with a lot of hardcore weeb girls, the band themselves just didn’t seem that into it.  After the show, Shinya and Toshiya were signing and bc of where I had been standing, I miraculously ended up being first in line.  At the time, I’d never had a CD signed before aside from handouts at local shows in my hometown that came in paper cases and I didn’t realize that I had to unwrap the CD before they’d sign it.  The bouncer told me to go to the back of the line, so I very quickly scrambled to open the wrap.  I managed to do it p fast, and Toshiya was laughing a little bit.  Idk if he thought it was funny or if I was an idiot.  Shin ya didn’t seem at all interested in anything.  I tried to thank him for signing the CD, but he just looked away and snubbed me.  After that, I kinda stopped liking Diru.  It felt like the magic was gone.  Tbh I’ll listen to their new music, but I always feel like I’m just not into it now.

4 minutes ago, God said:

I saw Dir en grey in Portland in 2008.  I was so stoked to finally see them and they were my favorite band at the time.  The show was really mediocre though. Aside from the crowd being filled with a lot of hardcore weeb girls, the band themselves just didn’t seem that into it.  After the show, Shinya and Toshiya were signing and bc of where I had been standing, I miraculously ended up being first in line.  At the time, I’d never had a CD signed before aside from handouts at local shows in my hometown that came in paper cases and I didn’t realize that I had to unwrap the CD before they’d sign it.  The bouncer told me to go to the back of the line, so I very quickly scrambled to open the wrap.  I managed to do it p fast, and Toshiya was laughing a little bit.  Idk if he thought it was funny or if I was an idiot.  Shin ya didn’t seem at all interested in anything.  I tried to thank him for signing the CD, but he just looked away and snubbed me.  After that, I kinda stopped liking Diru.  It felt like the magic was gone.  Tbh I’ll listen to their new music, but I always feel like I’m just not into it now.

That sucks. It's possible that he really is that mean, but I wonder if he was just having a bad day? I hope it's the latter. 😕

12 minutes ago, God said:

Yikes, that really sucks :S

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

That sucks. It's possible that he really is that mean, but I wonder if he was just having a bad day? I hope it's the latter. 😕

Tbh I like Dir en grey, but I’m not big on Shinya. He’s always read cold to me, and at first I thought maybe he was just shy or not a huge fan of meet and greets, which is whatever - but then we were both at the same party once,  and when I went to say I was a big fan of his band, he literally pretended I wasn’t even there. I mean straight up, I even did that awkward thing where I repeated myself because I wasn’t sure if he hadn’t heard me or not, lol. 

Edited by frayed
Clarity? Idk I don’t want to read as some crazy who followed him around lol it was a confidence

53 minutes ago, frayed said:

Tbh I like Dir en grey, but I’m not big on Shinya. He’s always read cold to me, and at first I thought maybe he was just shy or not a huge fan of meet and greets, which is whatever - but then we were both at the same party once,  and when I went to say I was a big fan of his band, he literally pretended I wasn’t even there. I mean straight up, I even did that awkward thing where I repeated myself because I wasn’t sure if he hadn’t heard me or not, lol. 

Ahh!!  I repeated myself too for the same reason lmao.  I guess maybe that’s just him??  Still p lame tho.

i wonder if the rest of Diru are chill or just jerks.  🤔

On 2/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, suji said:

They have fans???

Of course there are, here I am hehehe one of the biggest fans I guess? :P  following Kirito steadily since around 1996-97.

My confession is that I dislike X Japan.. not interested at all in them.

4 hours ago, God said:

Ahh!!  I repeated myself too for the same reason lmao.  I guess maybe that’s just him??  Still p lame tho.

i wonder if the rest of Diru are chill or just jerks.  🤔

Nah, I think the rest of them are cool. Way back in the day when Dir en grey played those three shows in a row in NY, a lot of people were camped out and the tour bus was basically directly beside the line. More than once, Die would be coming and going and never seemed to have a problem acknowledging the fans/occasionally chatting with them. Then the night before the last show when it was pouring rain on everyone, Kyo went around with their translator giving everyone hot tea.

14 hours ago, frayed said:

Nah, I think the rest of them are cool. Way back in the day when Dir en grey played those three shows in a row in NY, a lot of people were camped out and the tour bus was basically directly beside the line. More than once, Die would be coming and going and never seemed to have a problem acknowledging the fans/occasionally chatting with them. Then the night before the last show when it was pouring rain on everyone, Kyo went around with their translator giving everyone hot tea.

i’m really glad to hear that.  also, it’s sort of comforting to know that it wasn’t smth personal and that he might just genuinely be an asshole, so thanks for sharing.  sometimes i take things personally, even if they weren’t.  maybe bc of this, ill be able to enjoy diru more now.  🖤