Gesu

VK/J-rock confessions

1 hour ago, suji said:

They have fans???

They had a bunch of fans back in the day... 

There were a few communitys at livejournal.

kozabo she, uploaded a lot of music and scans. bought almost everything.

always, so much elitism. 

on that russian livejournal there was also a big community.

But when Angelo changed their lineup people here stopped to care  (so when karyu etc, joined) 

But I stopped to care a few releases before that.

But now,

yeah do they have any fans left? 

So I guess oversea fans stopped to care pretty much after the lineup change. 

But I stopped to support a bunch of bands because of fans...

And sometimes fans get so jealous that you better can stop to support a band to not give a band trouble...

That's all I say about it. 

@Gesu

Sometimes you can say fuck it, to a fandom, sometimes you can't. sometimes you really have to stop being a fan. 

Wasn't that case for ANGELO tho...

somehow the fandom took away the fun to stay a fan, and later on angelo also didn't make the sound I loved, so... I also never made a return as a fan later on. (^_-)≡★

And a different confessions, 

I got banned in a bunch of livejournal communities back in the day 😂

Edited by BrenGun

Because I was late to SuG meet & greet (which I thought was after the show lol) I managed to meet them separately, considering the m&g was people standing in a circle asking awkward questions to the band this was a miracle that I missed that shitfest. Before I realised it I had hugged every one of them, except Masato before he asked for a hug too lol I was losing my shit a little, so my Japanese came out shakey and very formal so Yuji roasted me and laughed at my accent. I vowed to never go to a meet and greet again and didn't buy any sug releases ever again except their final dvd which was not worth all that money tbh lmao but I still love them :( 

Waiting  a new album of  my Favorite band  PROJECT TO EVIL  i can't wait to see Kazuno and Tohru play again together  a  Great formation  of musicians, Kazuno is Fantastic   and is an Awesome bass player, Tohru have Talent  and is  a Great drummer 💜😘

2 hours ago, Masato said:

When I look at pictures of bandmen I imagine them with stubble and laugh internally.

Great, now I'm not gonna be able to not do that.

I used to have a looped audio clip of Kamijo screaming "NYAAAAH" as my alarm. I once just snoozed it without actually turning it off and I heard it from downstairs about nine minutes after I got up, so I had to run upstairs and turn it off before I woke everyone in the house up.

I don't like 99% of the bands that have their songs in anime intros/outros or who endorses random good (like golden bomber). To me , it just screams sell out and turns me off. Spanking of turning on off/ I would be a big slut for a one night stand with Ryoga from Razor ❤️

I have a little table on which I have all my Mediena and Virge CD's and everything related to them on display. I've decorated it with candles (not real ones though, just plastic LED ones) and other little things and I call it my "holy shrine".

Edited by chocobuzz

3 hours ago, anadentone said:

Spanking of turning on off/ I would be a big slut for a one night stand with Ryoga from Razor ❤️

That has to be the most perfect typo I have ever seen.

I badly edited Gackt's torso onto Big Chungus at 2am this morning in a Krave-induced stupor.

bBoympa.jpg

Do you like it? I was thinking of setting Big Chungus as my profile picture, but not this edit. It's too poor-quality.

Holy shit, I'm LATE TO THIS PARTY, I love confessions sdbfjbcdskjnk not that I have that many tho but, still love to participate...

Hmmm... Idk what to confess, aside from maybe the fact I write gay fanfiction about them? Altho, I think that already sounds TOO OBVIOUS from my post signature lol my younger 12 year old self just used to cry about them a lot. Wow damn, I'm so boring I have nothing good to confess wtf other than, that I love reading Tanuki cuz that's where I get my inspiration to make fanfics about them sometimes? wow, a full circle to just fanfics lol

Speaking of gay fanfiction...

When I was about 16, I was facebook friends with a mid-30ies woman who wrote gay fanfiction online.
She was inspired by my relentless fascination with Gackt and wrote a story of him and me, not sure whether I should be charmed or creeped.

4 hours ago, riyusama said:

Hmmm... Idk what to confess, aside from maybe the fact I write gay fanfiction about them?

1 hour ago, NICKT said:

Speaking of gay fanfiction...

I, too, used to write gay fanfiction.

- When I first moved to Japan, I missed a live because I mixed up 町田 (Machida) where the live was with 田町 (Tamachi). I wasn't gonna make the live in time so I said fuck it, but then I felt kinda bad because I had reserved tix with the band. (Back when you could still reserve tickets with the band off their website.)

- I can't stand much of Dir en grey's music after Macabre. I couldn't care less that they dropped the visual look, just so much of their stuff after sounds like noise. I also know there are a lot of Japanese VK fans that feel the same way, though for years some of them were in denial and kept attending shows bc they had the hots for the members.

- I think VK started to die with the osare kei craze and I can't stand most current "popular" VK bands. It's not that I think new VK has more shit than old VK, just that shit bands can sell better than they could before now that SNS/cheki/multiple CD types with different bonuses/etc. are more common. There's still good music coming out, it's just a lot harder to find. Before the good music was more “mainstream”.

- One of the best lives I ever went to was Gargoyle playing some songs here and there in between random MCing, as they sat on stage chugging cans of beer with the audience. I'd never been to a Gargoyle show before and I don't even like beer, but honestly I wish this was a thing all bands did.

Edited by jaymee

Once I was front row center for the band I went to see at a smaller venue and the vocalist had a minor wardrobe malfunction. He had set up a light underneath the step up so he could look all cool and shit, but he was wearing a long black skirt so all it did was light up everything underneath like a lampshade so I had a front row view of his underwear for an hour. I never told him because I didn't want to embarrass him, but I guess he figured it out cause he never tried to do that again.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:53 PM, Gesu said:

I, too, used to write gay fanfiction.

3 minutes ago, suji said:

I also write gay fanfiction (when I have the time anyway) and I'm proud.

My people homaygash, where do/did you guys post your fics???? Nowadays, the popular places to post stories are either in AO3 or DW lol slightly want to refuse to believe that wattpad is famous for the vk fics as well lol 

3 minutes ago, riyusama said:

My people homaygash, where do/did you guys post your fics???? Nowadays, the popular places to post stories are either in AO3 or DW lol slightly want to refuse to believe that wattpad is famous for the vk fics as well lol 

Ehehe… I'm not telling. ;) I don't write it anymore, anyways.

2 hours ago, riyusama said:

ao3 is the place

i would know , i must confess i write the gay as well

edit: tbh i also want to confess that i don't give two shits about today's vkei anymore. the current sound trends just don't appeal to me because i'm forever stuck in the 2000s shitkei i never actually got to experience when it happened lol. PLUS when my favourite bands (meji & lycaon) went normie i just. couldn't take it anymore lmao -- so i've found myself, embarrassingly enough, deep in the gazette fandom

Edited by itsukoii

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

Ehehe… I'm not telling. ;) I don't write it anymore, anyways.

Awwwww, okai ;w; so you write for other fandoms instead now or just nah, you just don't feel like writing anymore???

33 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

ao3 is the place

i would know , i must confess i write the gay as well

edit: tbh i also want to confess that i don't give two shits about today's vkei anymore. the current sound trends just don't appeal to me because i'm forever stuck in the 2000s shitkei i never actually got to experience when it happened lol. PLUS when my favourite bands (meji & lycaon) went normie i just. couldn't take it anymore lmao -- so i've found myself, embarrassingly enough, deep in the gazette fandom

OH THEY WRITE THE GAY AS WELL lolololololol What's your pen name??? I might have read some of your work or not XD depending on the pairings as per usual -headdesk- still have difficulty venturing out of my OTP's lol

AND YAASSSS SAME BROOOOOOO I used to listen to a lot of VK bands and just all out download as many new artists as I could back then, but now I barely even like their music lol except for mathilda and jiluka tho, glad I could find some new bands whose music I actually like to listen to. When most of the PSC bands disbanded or their music (like SuG) turned more and more into mainstream pop I just ugh, didn't really feel like listening anymore. I support them in the shadows yeah but, not as much anymore lol

The gazette is like, your mainstream vk lol is that a good term to describe them? XD I basically just use them a lot as characters for my fanfics now (especially Reita and Kai cuz otp yaaasss <3) and so far just more on SCREW/KHRYST+ fics since I love Jin and Byou XD hopefully I'll like more bandomen so I can add more characters to my fanfics lol or at least like man, have new otp's to write about wtf who even read byojin fics lol

45 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

PLUS when my favourite bands (meji & lycaon) went normie i just. couldn't take it anymore lmao

To be fair, I still haven't listened to 8PSB (I always procrastinate these things), but I know how ya feel. Besides, I saw what happened to MiA. Oof.

5 minutes ago, riyusama said:

Awwwww, okai ;w; so you write for other fandoms instead now or just nah, you just don't feel like writing anymore???

I just don't really feel like it anymore, tbh. Idk why, but I just kinda… stopped? Oh, well. Nothing I wrote for the J-rock fandom will ever, ever be as bad as what I wrote for the fandom I was in when I was twelve. I distinctly remember writing an entire chapter dedicated to a man crying. Double oof.

@riyusama i go by itsukoii everywhere, but i don't advise checking out my ao3 unless u want to cringe. i write some nasty stuff lol. used to write for lycaon (hiyuuki), but after i lost interest in them i've written for the gazette; my favourite pairings are reituki & aoiha but i have other ships too.

same! i used to find a new band like every day, but now i just don't have the energy or the interest. i still follow deviloof i guess, but not to the extent i once did, and i've given up on initial'L completely. the gazette are where i'm at now tbh. i still listen to all the stuff i've collected over the past few years but i just won't go looking for it anymore, i feel like i've found all that i could possibly enjoy. :(

14 hours ago, suji said:

I also write gay fanfiction (when I have the time anyway) and I'm proud.

I feel like every overseas obangya over 30 either read it or wrote it! I also remember when every group had fans here in Japan drawing and publishing doujin for established band ships. You can still find a number of these relics at Mandarake.

I feel pretty squick about shipping real people now but I think VK is kinda in that grey zone where you’re shipping the personas they pretend to be.

Yup, admittedly on that gay fic train. My most popular was Gazefic, back when I went by crucifyregret - but I mean light years ago, I’m talking LJ era. People still find me and ask me about it though which is kinda cool.

Any time a bandman dies for undisclosed reasons, I immediately think they must have overdosed.  I know that's a horrible thing to think of when someone just died, but it's always the first place my mind goes. I'm also convinced that I'm probably right like 75% of the time.