The Piass

sukekiyo will release a new album called『INFINITUM』

6 hours ago, geist said:

We take our androgynous Japanese musicians VERY seriously around these parts.

Haha so I see. 😛 But what's worse? The samples we've heard that are taken from a new album coming out soon? Or no new album/news from the band at all? Tbh I'm always under the impression with music sometimes an album takes a few listens before you can get fully into it. So even if things sound weird now once you have the album and have listened it through 2/3 times your opinion could completely change? Some albums that are now in my "top albums" I didn't think a lot of on first listen, only through repeat listens started to appreciate how much is going on, what's being played and started getting much more enjoyment from it. Maybe that's just me though. We're all different I suppose.

Edited by Kabukichoatmidnight

Howdy folks - does anyone know where the first places to hear the album will be? Got my hard copy on pre-order, but want to listen ASAS!

@Kabukichoatmidnight Don't worry, people have very polarized opinions on most music on here it seems. I think it's kinda cool that people who have such varying opinions can find some commonality in Jrock as a whole.

I for one am stoked for the new album. I think I played ただ まだ 私 5 times today off YouTube.

I'm surprised Rongai Na Ikimono Toshite wasn't going to be on Infinitum though. It sounded amazing when I heard it live, and even the "demo" from Passio sounds great. One of my favorite new songs by them.

1 hour ago, Envelion said:

I'm surprised Rongai Na Ikimono Toshite wasn't going to be on Infinitum though. It sounded amazing when I heard it live, and even the "demo" from Passio sounds great. One of my favorite new songs by them.

It is really disappointing because it's just about the best song they've done imo

1 hour ago, Envelion said:

I'm surprised Rongai Na Ikimono Toshite wasn't going to be on Infinitum though.

they're just being realistic they'll be able to sell it as a ¥5k stand-alone single again later, considering infinitum is mostly bunch of sloppy audio vomit (which will sound like a complete disaster once they start touring w it.)