The Piass

sukekiyo will release a new album called『INFINITUM』

dorothy sounds like absolute dogshit to me both in terms of audio quality and as a song just based on the sample but idk maybe they'll pull some surprise 180 and have it go in a totally different direction 

everything else seems interesting, i really like the trip hop influences sneaking in here and there

On 5/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, Yukimoto said:

They do everything so well and this is going to be an amazing album for real!!! I need this!!!! @-NOVA-

i havent really checked him out this is good :) 

sukekiyo's audio production is pretty bad in general, and not many of these songs are jumping out to me. Some of the heavier samples are interesting but bland VK shit.

1 hour ago, geist said:

sukekiyo's audio production is pretty bad in general, and not many of these songs are jumping out to me. Some of the heavier samples are interesting but bland VK shit.

Production was fine up until Adoratio. 

8 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Production was fine up until Adoratio. 

That explains a lot because I listened back to Adoratio the other day and was like "what the fuck is this terrible production?!". It seems like whatever project Kyo is apart of, he mandates that his vocals take precedent over everything else to such a drastic degree that the music sounds muddy in deference to the vocals. 

I can't even count how many exceptional guitar lines were completely buried into the mix.

13 minutes ago, geist said:

That explains a lot because I listened back to Adoratio the other day and was like "what the fuck is this terrible production?!". It seems like whatever project Kyo is apart of, he mandates that his vocals take precedent over everything else to such a drastic degree that the music sounds muddy in deference to the vocals. 

I can't even count how many exceptional guitar lines were completely buried into the mix.

Let's not forget how poorly the mix sounds in any of their live videos/sound productions. Like...why does Takumi take volumized precedence? Why is Uta so inaudible? 

Hi,

I am from Europe and I'd like to preorder INFINITUM from here [1].

Assuming the delivery would take 2-3 days, would anyone know how long after the release date I would get this?

Does anyone have experience preordering sukekiyo albums from `cdjapan` and could share their experience?

Thanks!

[1] - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/sukekiyo_INFINITUM

3 hours ago, jerk said:

Hi,

I am from Europe and I'd like to preorder INFINITUM from here [1].

Assuming the delivery would take 2-3 days, would anyone know how long after the release date I would get this?

Does anyone have experience preordering sukekiyo albums from `cdjapan` and could share their experience?

Thanks!

[1] - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/sukekiyo_INFINITUM

Well, just be aware that you’re going to have to pay a proxy fee on top of everything else since the 3 disc version is exclusively sold on Sukekiyo’s store. It might be cheaper to get it from there (if it’s still available). 

I used to order from CDJapan all the time, but ever since they moved warehouses be found their services a little less reliable. Amazon Japan has been a better experience for me. 

1 hour ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Wow, you guys are a proper picky bunch aren't you? haha.

We take our androgynous Japanese musicians VERY seriously around these parts.