JukaForever

Songs/Band that make use of falsetto

I am in search for bands or just songs that has some falsetto use, doesn't matter what era. I have started to have taken a liking to falsetto lately, mainly due replays of La Vie En Rose by Kamijo and now searching for more. I wasn't into it when I was younger so I definitely missed bands with them or actually, I don't even know if there is much of them out there. Please recommend some bands or songs that makes use of this technique if you know some.

Early Rentrer en Soi for sure, and some of Satsuki's solo career. (PRE-Reboot)

Spoiler

Kagrra, (especially early indies era) had some great ones, too.

Spoiler

And this gem by D

Spoiler

Edited by Paraph

2 hours ago, Paraph said:

Early Rentrer en Soi for sure, and some of Satsuki's solo career. (PRE-Reboot)

Hide contents

Kagrra, (especially early indies era) had some great ones, too.

Hide contents

And this gem by D

Hide contents

Thank you. These are all bands that I have known and ignored. Especially D, I actually deleted their discog in my hard drive long ago -.- I just couldn't get into the type song that you have linked when I was younger but now I am searching for something exactly like it.

I'll try and dig into their discog again.

Dir en grey

D.i.d.   (personal favourite)

Dimlim

Anathema 

Tk for ling toshe toshire

Fear and loathing in Vegas

Majority of power metal, glam metal, traditional heavy metal and symphonic metal band vocalists uses falsetto a lot too, for example rob halford, king diamond etc

Also Google search for 'singers who sing like girls'. You'll get awesome results, no joke.

Edited by FOSCOR70

7 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

Dir en grey

D.i.d.   (personal favourite)

Dimlim

Anathema 

Tk for ling toshe toshire

Fear and loathing in Vegas

Majority of power metal, glam metal, traditional heavy metal and symphonic metal band vocalists uses falsetto a lot too, for example rob halford, king diamond etc

Also Google search for 'singers who sing like girls'. You'll get awesome results, no joke.

Yes, I know about regular western metal and rock. I already listen to a few. I am just branching out to j-rock/vk side of things. I think they have a different take on it.

Thanks, I will redig diru's discog and check out the rest of the bands you've listed

3 hours ago, JukaForever said:

Yes, I know about regular western metal and rock. I already listen to a few. I am just branching out to j-rock/vk side of things. I think they have a different take on it.

Thanks, I will redig diru's discog and check out the rest of the bands you've listed

Diru's  'arche' has many songs with kyo's great falsetto in them like soshaku and you can also check out his sukekiyo band.

SINDRA by vistlip has some lovely falsettos by the singer, Tomo. One of my favorite songs by them.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/widKdOOc0ow (PV version - which isn't allowing me to embed for some reason)

And here's him singing it live. Apologies for the subs as it's the only live video clip I could find.

8 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

For earlier stuff, check out Red Tail Cat's albums, but especially "Sixth Sense Balance". The falsetto used is off the charts.

The band might be too old, I can only find one song on youtube to try

you can check these http://encaged-canary.blogspot.com/2013/04/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html ,  most have been mentioned

personally i would recommend Shin coz i love his voice, more than his falsetto i love his vibrato. early ViViD stuff cant get no better if u into pop rock and his solo stuff after ViViD disbanded ( 😭 ) are 🔥 oh here is one song i love from his previous band :3

check and this 👀

Edited by Raburr7

11 hours ago, Raburr7 said:

you can check these http://encaged-canary.blogspot.com/2013/04/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html ,  most have been mentioned

personally i would recommend Shin coz i love his voice, more than his falsetto i love his vibrato. early ViViD stuff cant get no better if u into pop rock and his solo stuff after ViViD disbanded ( 😭 ) are 🔥 oh here is one song i love from his previous band :3

check and this 👀

I am actually a ViViD fan and also a Shin fan for similar reasons. I didn't know he is doing solo now, I will check that out. I don't really hear much falsetto from his songs when I was listening to him before, maybe he is just really good in blending it in with his vocals.

I am actually a ViViD fan and also a Shin fan for similar reasons. I didn't know he is doing solo now, I will check that out. I don't really hear much falsetto from his songs when I was listening to him before, maybe he is just really good in blending it in with his vocals.

Definitely check his solo stuff, both albums have been shared in MH :D same tbh his vibrato stands out a lot more for me but if u focus u can see him usin falsetto's quite a lot ;p

5 hours ago, rebelstrik said:

Anjelier & Sanbika from Mucc has some falsetto here and there. 

That Anjelier makes great use of falsetto in the chorus and the second verse on Sanbika was amazeballs. Thanks for the recommends.