Yukami

AIOLIN new album "Fate" release

Hikarito is no doubt a great composer, arranger, musician, etc., but I feel w/ him constantly pulling the strings to everything has lead to the sameishness some of us are noticing. I wouldn't mind AIOLIN experimenting w/ new concepts (like forgoing the violin for a few tracks, working w/ other composers, etc.), even if it meant a slight decrease in quality. Though AIOLIN is really centered on that "classical" element, so it's hard for me to think of any alternatives other than just experimentation. 

(Out of all the bands w/ "sameishness problems" this one is the most forgivable b/c they're top notch. My rambling leans more towards personal preference.)

I saw them perform in 2017 and seeing Hikarito attempt to play guitar, violin and sing at the same time was... messy, to say the least. He should commit to just singing and violing for live performances, he HAS a guitarist, but it seems he does like to be on top of everything.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, monkeybanana4 said:

This song is nice but to me everything they release has blended into "generic Aiolin stuff", kinda like everything Hizaki writes.

["HOPE side" tracklist]

01. Overture -Fate-

02. Liar

03. Fate

04. Venom / feat.小林太郎

05. Orpheus

06. Alone

07. Breathing

08. Someday

09. Remember The Name / feat. REO

["Resistance Side" tracklist]

01. Overture -Fate-

02. Liar

03. Fate

04. Venom / feat.小林太郎

05. Orpheus

06. Voltage

07. Breathing

08. Someday

09. Faded(Live Arranged Ver.)

alnd-0009_1_.jpg alnd-0008_1_.jpg 

Breathing is the first song of theirs since Remember the Name that I actually like. I'm really interested to hear what the collab with Taro is going to sound like. He has such a strong rock voice, and I've always kind of wondered if AIOLIN would sound better to my ears with someone else singing.

Yeah, Taro Kobayashi has a great voice. I've had a weak spot for him since this MV. There's something so charming about the fact that he plays flying Vs.

I recommend the theme songs he sang for Kamen Rider Amazons too.