Sign in to follow this  
FOSCOR70

Seperate section/subforum for non japanese artists

should there be a section/subforum for non japanese artists like there is for japanese artists?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay?

title says it all.

I think it would be a great idea to have a separate section/subforums for non Japanese music artists like there is one for japanese music artists.

What do you think?

The Global Music General Discussion is enough as it is I reckon, since even that sub section hardly gets any traffic and I don't think a new section with individual band threads would help it any. The taste disparity in non-japanese music here is quite large, and the disparity in knowledge is even greater so it's not really conductive to fruitful or active conversation. The metal and goth post-punk threads work because it's kinda close the vkei anyways so there are more than one user who knows a thing or two and obviously the selfless efforts of people like bear to keep them active help as well. With literally anything else it's a variety of users coming from different musical cultures with different backgrounds so anyone who actually knows something is just going to end up spamming by him or herself. The worst scenario, and a very likely one knowing this board, is that some idiot starts making individual threads for every single shitty local band or hidden gem and then we have a section clogged with shite no one cares about, so in light of all of this I think it's sufficient as it is.

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

The worst scenario, and a very likely one knowing this board, is that some idiot starts making individual threads for every single shitty local band or hidden gem and then we have a section clogged with shite no one cares about, so in light of all of this I think it's sufficient as it is.

Woah i never really thought of that...

Solid point.

Sign in to follow this