Jigsaw9

YOSHIKI to score soundtrack and theme song for "xXx 4" movie (and series)

Im surprised this kind of movie "needs" some special score for it and not the typical/random summer/action movie ones...dont think it needs johan johannsson/reznor & ross/ zimmer alike scoring...

We’ve clearly gone down the wrong timeline here.  That first xxx movie was, uh...well, I guess it happened.  Idk about the new X album or if it’ll ever come out, but even without that, this seems like a cry of desperation.  Two irrelevant forces are combining.  What will happen? 

27 minutes ago, suji said:

idc about this, i'm just waiting on the xXx -XXX parody- on men dot com...

also when the fuck did 2 & 3 come out??? tf

3rd one was 2017, fam. It was pretty fun tbh. It was mindless action flicks as per usualz

the 2nd one was in 2005, and got Ice Cube, cos Vin Diesel doesn't want to do it, as the star so it is always forgotten sksksks 

Edited by LIDL

On 2/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, platy said:

But why? How did Yoshiki score this gig? Is he that desperate to do anything except the xjapan album

Sadly, I think his 25+ years of trawling / living in Hollywood has warped his career.
It's been all about these shitty B- and C- productions for years now. I mean despite some basic conversations between Toshi and Yoshiki, a horror movie, Saw IV, tangentially gave them the reason to come back for good.

Surely for every one of these project we see him work on, there's been 20 times as many parties, events, and meetings that he attended to hob-knob with various producers and socialites in the Los Angeles scene.

He has long enjoyed doing this than actually spending time alone composing and refining music with X Japan. A quick Getty Image search will show you exactly what he's doing despite the occasional "I've been working 24 hours straight" Instagram post to troll the fans into telling him "Take care of yourself Yoshiki-sama!"

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/yoshiki?groupbyevent=true&family=editorial&phrase=yoshiki&sort=best#license

Hence we will have the XXX4 soundtrack before the new album ever materializes.

Edited by carddass