Jigsaw9

YOSHIKI to score soundtrack and theme song for "xXx 4" movie (and series)

Composer and professional procraXtinator YOSHIKI will score the soundtrack for the 4th installment in Vin Diesel's "xXx" movie franchise. He will also be composing a theme song for the film which is currently in pre-production, with casting being underway and shooting to start later this year.

According to a recent press conference he will also do a cameo in the movie itself. An "xXx" TV series is also in the works, with YOSHIKI being one of the producers (he will be scoring the soundtrack for that one too).

No word yet about the X JAPAN album of course.

BX6KE8e.png

So, I'm doing a count of all the original X Japan songs that have not been put on an original record yet (compilations aren't proper records if you ask me). Please tell me if there are any I missed; I was just skimming Wikipedia and Metal Archives, and I'd like to be thorough with this to prove my point/keep it intact.

1. I.V.
  2. Scarlet Love Song
  3. Jade
  4. Born to Be Free
  5. La Venus (Acoustic version, which is the only version at this point, so...)
  6. Standing Sex
  7. The Last Song
  8. Without You (Unplugged, but again it's the only version)
  9. Art of Life 3rd Movement (only a new track by technicality since it's an isolated part of the original song)

So, yeah, since X Japan/Yoshiki loves his long records, nine songs is pretty much the sweet spot for them. (especially for me since I love my long, progressive track and less is often times more, but I digress). I'd say we have enough material for a full album. It's not going to be 13-14 tracks or however many Yoshiki has been promising, but it's an album nonetheless.

Then again, I suppose it would be a glorified compilation since so many tracks would be rereleased. However, who gives a fuck about the specifics/technicalities when all X needs to do is drop this damn record so we can proceed to completely forget about them (well, at least Yoshiki, but then again maybe the rest of the band should be deemed guilty by association)?

8 minutes ago, 吸血鬼 ~Kyūketsuki~ said:

So, I'm doing a count of all the original X Japan songs that have not been put on an original record yet (compilations aren't proper records if you ask me). Please tell me if there are any I missed; I was just skimming Wikipedia and Metal Archives, and I'd like to be thorough with this to prove my point/keep it intact.

You forgot all the early indies-era songs!

No Connexion: Played all the way from their 1987.04.10 gig at Kagurazaka Explosion to their Rose & Blood tour at Osaka Kosei Nenkin Kaikan, 1989.10.10. 

Break The Darkness: Played all the way from their "I'll Kill You" vinyl single, from June 1985 until their gig at Club Citta, Kawasaki (Blue Blood Tour) at 1989.04.22. It was released on the "Heavy Metal Force III" compilation in 1989. 

Feel Me Tonight: Played all the way from some time late 1985 (November?) until their Burn Out Tour, 1988.10.30 gig at Club Citta Kawasaki. The first confirmed date after the release on the fabled "Feel Me Tonight" tape is the 1985.11.20 Yoshiki birthday gig at Meguro Rokumeikan. 

Endless Dream: This song also is probably composed by Yoshiki. It began to be played at the same gig as the previous song and released on the "X Live" tape as well, but it was played until their 1988.10.26, Burn Out Tour gig at Sapporo Messe Hall. Probably a Yoshiki-composed song. 

Install (name?): Played at four (as far as I know) gigs during 1987 - the first appearance being the 1987.05.18 gig at Osaka Ranta Rokumeikan and the last one being at the Wink Tour, Meguro Rokumeikan gig at 1987.11.23. Also known as "Feels Damage", or "Terras Damme".

Only Way: This track was performed during 1986 (from the Yokohama 7th Avenue gig at 1986.04.10, to the "Jun and Hikaru Last Live" gig at Meguro Rokumeikan 1986.10.25) only, when Jun was the guitarist of X. Jun was the composer of this track.

Right Now: This track was also performed during the months of July, August, September, and October of 1986 only (starting with the Kagurazaka Explosion First One-Man gig at 1986.07.25, and ending with the same Jun and Hikaru Last Live gig). This can be explained by Jun leaving the band. He was also the composer of this song. 

Time Trip Loving: This song is composed by Yoshiki, first released on the "Orgasm" EP (which was released at 1986.04.10), and played up until the before-mentioned "Jun and Hikaru Last Live" gig at Meguro Rokumeikan 1986.10.25.

Stop Bloody Rain: This track was released on their 1984 "I'll Kill You" demo tape, but was played until their 1986.08.02 "Osaka First One-Man Live" gig at Higashi Osaka Census Hall. This song was probably composed by Yoshiki. 

Tuneup Baby (name?): This song is also (probably) a Jun composition, played at three gigs only (as far as I know), from the 1986.06.19 Meguro Rokumeikan gig to the 1986.07.25 Kagurazaka Explosion "First One-Man" gig - which makes it one of their least-played songs. The title is also disputed.

Lady in Tears: A ballad, possibly composed by by Yoshiki. It was played during four gigs in 1985, and was released on the "X Live" tape (which probably is official). It was first released on the tape (and played from the 1985.06.26 Kagurazaka Explosion gig, where the audio of the tape was taken from), until the 1985.12.03 gig at Meguro Rokumeikan. This song's intro was shortened on the "Endless Dream" cassette.

Steal Your Heart: This song was apparently played at one gig only that I know of - the 1985.10.04 "Atsushi, Terry, and Eddie Last Live" gig at Kagurazaka Explosion. There isn't much to say about this song either, except that pretty much everything is unknown about it as well.

We Are X: An early precursor to the "X" track on the "Orgasm" EP and "Blue Blood" album. It only appeared on the 1984/1985, "I'll Kill You" demo tape, but they played this song at the EastWest '82 Yamaha Junior Band Contest in 1982. This song is also probably a Yoshiki-composed song.

Kill Violence (name?): A song played only during a Jimoto Chiba local live in 1983. There isn't much to say about this song, except that pretty much everything is unknown about it. The lyrics as well. 

Edited by Laurence02

37 minutes ago, Laurence02 said:

You forgot all the early indies-era songs!

Rest assured all these indies tracks are not only better than this entire album that’s never coming out but better than their entire post blue blood output put together. 

Taking part in some trash american schlock is totally lame and fitting of Yoshiki’s M.O at this point. No surprises

1 hour ago, 吸血鬼 ~Kyūketsuki~ said:

I.V.

1. Scarlet Love Song
  2. Jade
  3. Born to Be Free
  4. La Venus (Acoustic version, which is the only version at this point, so...)
  5. Standing Sex
  6. The Last Song
  7. Without You (Unplugged, but again it's the only version)
  8. Art of Life 3rd Movement (only a new track by technicality since it's an isolated part of the original song)

Not only are all of these songs complete and utter garbage, but he also boasts more about these than for example orgasm or i'll kill you.

16 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Not only are all of these songs complete and utter garbage, but he also boasts more about these than for example orgasm or i'll kill you.

When I first heard Born to be free I thought it was the cringiest shit of all time. Later on I learned they have other stuff coming along the pipeline

It’s like, we have this yoshiki here who is still in the 2010’s thinking of taking over the world with some hopelessly outdated and trite poodle rock that would’ve been shit in 1980, 1990, 2010 and I’m quite confident the same applies to 2020 as well. The documentary was embarrassing, X now is beyond embarrassing and anyone even looking forward to this album is the most embarrassing of all. 

So long it is not sad piano music, since xXx is action flick, I will try to check it out. N33d something like Blue Blood and Orgasm.

Edited by LIDL

3 hours ago, 吸血鬼 ~Kyūketsuki~ said:

Beneath the skin?

Gets boring working so hard on the same thing for so long, guess he needed a break to get those creative juices flowing again.

Oh wait, it's been vacation for Yoshiki since announcing the album.

4 hours ago, Paraph said:

xXx is still a thing? lawd have mercy

It is, and that's great. Both xXx and xXx: Return of Xander Cage are good and fun movies. Looking forward to a new film. Should be fun.

But I have no idea why they'd get this guy to compose anything. Guy hasn't done anything listenable since 1993, which again was the only listenable song since 1989.  I can't imagine this soundtrack being good or fitting at all, unless he's just planning to re-record a ton of songs made between 84-88. And even that would suck, just because it would lack the intense feeling of the original songs. Gonna be a train wreck of a soundtrack for sure.

Goddamn it. It really irks me how much there are brainless assholes that still support this dude after all those years of borderline scamming. I once commented "nobody cares, just release the album" on  a FB picture he posted with some random celebrity and a lot of people started attacking me lol

I'm glad to see people here aren't blindly supportive towards him considering the extent some people's fanboying go...

He's seems to be interested in doing everything but finishing that album.

I could almost swear that he said he was thinking of doing an X Japan version (feat Toshi) of Red Swan btw, so you could add that to the album list. That would be kinda cool since that's one of the few ballads he's written that I actually like. Standing Sex is not garbage btw, get the f out of here with that. That's basically classic X. The rest of that list is forgettable however.

holy shit dude that sounds terrible. everything about it i just straight out of my worst nightmares, like it sounds like as if I got stuck in a time warp while eating at a chinese restaurant and unable to leave the company of the two 60 year old Japanese women sitting at my table.