Kiyoharu is God

KIYOHARU announces new cover album & plans for autobiography

Announced earlier in the week. Title and release date will be announced later.  The plan is for a summer release.  Apparently, more details will be revealed  on 2/9 as he's planning to open a memorial site to celebrate his 25th anniversary on that day. There will be a cover of BOUKYAKU NO SORA inlcuded, but it sounds like that's the only track he's covering from his own (solo/kuroyume/sads) catalogue. He's moved from TRIAD to PONY CANYON. He's also planning to release an autobiography.

https://kiyoharu.tokyo/info/今夏カヴァー・アルバムリリース決定!/?lang=en

I've actually been quite a fan of his covers over the years and discovered some jpop gems I would have otherwise never have known about. This album could be interesting if he goes for older classics rather than something recent.

His cover of Inoue Yosui's Senaka made 45fun on the Emily EP is syrupy goodness that was a complete 180° turn to hear compared to what he was just doing months earlier when SADS paused the first time around.

I've actually been quite a fan of his covers over the years and discovered some jpop gems I would have otherwise never have known about. This album could be interesting if he goes for older classics rather than something recent.

His cover of Inoue Yosui's Senaka made 45fun on the Emily EP is syrupy goodness that was a complete 180° turn to hear compared to what he was just doing months earlier when SADS paused the first time around.

@carddass: Throwing this out there in case it might let you discover another name in jpop/jrock..."Senaka Made Yonjuugo-fun" was written for Kenji "Julie" Sawada (whom Kiyoharu admires) by Yosui. Even though Yosui wrote it -- and maybe released his recording first? -- it's typically regarded as Sawada's because of that background. If you're not already familiar with Julie's work, you're in for a colorful and sometimes very strange ride, especially when it comes to live performances, as the man might count as some sort of proto-visual-kei at some points in his career, honestly.

Anyway, a release date has been revealed for the album -- it's marked for June 26, 2019 -- and it's stated to include 12 tracks in total. It's going to be released in two versions; a standard edition (2,778 yen), and a limited edition (4,630 yen), which includes a DVD containing a PV for "Boukyaku no Sora", plus short PVs for 8 other songs. The full tracklist hasn't been revealed yet, so the remaining 11 songs outside his self-cover of "Boukyaku" are still unknown right now. And so far, the album is just being called "Covers".

And I have no info on this part of stuff, but I'm pretty curious (and surprised,) about that autobiography.

Edited by SakuraFox512

Tracklist has now been given? (I see no announcement of it on his sites or scoial media, but Tower/Amazon.jp/Rakuten et al now show one):

MOON
        * Original by: REBECCA (1987)
Omoide Makura (想い出まくら)
          * Original by: Kyoko Kosaka (1975)
Azami-jou no Lullaby (アザミ嬢のララバイ)
        * Original by: Miyuki Nakajima (1975)
Tsuki (月)
        * Original by: Keisuke Kuwata (1994)
Kasa ga nai (傘がない)
        * Original by: Yosui Inoue (1972)
Kanashimi Johnny (悲しみジョニー)
          * Original by: UA (1997)
SAKURA
        * Original by: Ikimono-gakari (2006)
Yasashii Kiss wo Shite (やさしいキスをして)
        * Original by: DREAMS COME TRUE (2004)
Mokuren no Namida (木蓮の涙)
      * Original by: Stardust Revue (1993)
Koi (恋)
      * Original by: Chiharu Matsuyama (1980)
Seppun (接吻)
       * Original by: ORIGINAL LOVE (1993)
Boukyaku no Sora (忘却の空)
      * Original by: SADS (2000)

What order the songs will be in isn't finalized

Edited by SakuraFox512
Adding info + correction

On 4/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

@carddass: Throwing this out there in case it might let you discover another name in jpop/jrock..."Senaka Made Yonjuugo-fun" was written for Kenji "Julie" Sawada (whom Kiyoharu admires) by Yosui. Even though Yosui wrote it -- and maybe released his recording first? -- it's typically regarded as Sawada's because of that background. If you're not already familiar with Julie's work, you're in for a colorful and sometimes very strange ride, especially when it comes to live performances, as the man might count as some sort of proto-visual-kei at some points in his career, honestly.

Anyway, a release date has been revealed for the album -- it's marked for June 26, 2019 -- and it's stated to include 12 tracks in total. It's going to be released in two versions; a standard edition (2,778 yen), and a limited edition (4,630 yen), which includes a DVD containing a PV for "Boukyaku no Sora", plus short PVs for 8 other songs. The full tracklist hasn't been revealed yet, so the remaining 11 songs outside his self-cover of "Boukyaku" are still unknown right now. And so far, the album is just being called "Covers".

And I have no info on this part of stuff, but I'm pretty curious (and surprised,) about that autobiography.

Didn't know it was meant as a Julie song first. I actually grabbed the album Miscast with Senaka made... a while back but never gave the whole thing a proper listen.
Jumping around on youtube, I've heard Sawada's 70s output which sounds very 70s-ish to my ears. Senaka made... feels like a detour from his earlier style. I'll have to check him out some more. Thanks for the heads-up!

In what absolutely looks a price-gougey move after the initial delay of the album, more info has been announced:

* The Covers album will now be coming out on September 4. It will now include 11 songs in this order:
01.) Kasa ga nai (傘がない)
        * Original by: Yosui Inoue (1972)
02.) Kanashimi Johnny (悲しみジョニー)
          * Original by: UA (1997)
03.) SAKURA
        * Original by: Ikimono-gakari (2006)
04.) Omoide Makura (想い出まくら)
          * Original by: Kyoko Kosaka (1975)
05.) Azami-jou no Lullaby (アザミ嬢のララバイ)
        * Original by: Miyuki Nakajima (1975)
06.) Tsuki (月)
        * Original by: Keisuke Kuwata (1994)
07.) MOON
        * Original by: REBECCA (1987)
08.) Yasashii Kiss wo Shite (やさしいキスをして)
        * Original by: DREAMS COME TRUE (2004)
09.) Seppun (接吻)
       * Original by: ORIGINAL LOVE (1993)
10.) Koi (恋)
      * Original by: Chiharu Matsuyama (1980)
11.) Mokuren no Namida (木蓮の涙)
      * Original by: Stardust Revue (1993)
(^ The CD-only version is 3,000 yen)

* The CD+DVD version (5,000 yen) will include the above, plus a DVD with short versions of 7 songs, plus a full, re-done self-cover of "Boukyaku no Sora":
01.) Kasa ga nai -Short ver.-
02.) Kanashimi Johnny -Short ver.-
03.) SAKURA -Short ver.-
04.) MOON -Short ver.-
05.) Yasashii Kiss wo Shite -Short ver.-
06.) Seppun -Short ver.-
07.) Mokuren no Namida -Short ver.-
08.) Boukyaku no Sora -Full ver.-

* He's also announced the release of another DVD. "Covers Music Clips" (6,264 yen), slated for September 18, which will include full PVs for all eight songs mentioned above.

Edited by SakuraFox512

The kuroyume and Sads credit cards got maxed out and subsequently ran past their limits.
Maybe with this cash grab he can afford his main songwriters Miyoken and Yoshitsugu back on the solo payroll :)