Kiryu999

the GazettE WORLD TOUR 19 THE NINTH PHASE #04 -99.999-

1 hour ago, libertine said:

Last year Dir en Grey sold out one show: Le Trianon in Paris. It must have been the only one, because they made a separate post about it. Would they have sold out if they'd went with Bataclan instead. Probably not.

Bataclan still works after terrorist attack in 2015?

If you’re wondering whether a venue is operatial or not, google is your friend. Common sense usually helps too since you can see it in the poster and I’m sure it didn’t come to 2019 through a time warp. 

And yeah, the venues are not small and aside from a few exceptions they are pretty decently filled up. Back in 2007 when lots of shows sold out they were played at smaller venues ( but for example, iirc jigsaw saw gazette in munich in 2007 during the golden years and it was half empty, which I could not imagine happening nowdays. ) The boom is gone, but Gazette and Deg pull crowds ranging from 600/700 to even 1000+ people ( le zenith for gazette last time for one ) and I reckon it’ll stay that way till the forseeable future, or at least we’re safe to say so if gazette does it again, three times in a row with 3 year interwals inbetween. 

Also about the circus, I am not entirely sure but I think a small part of the venue might have been curtained off for both shows, or it is just my memory playing tricks on me because for some other bigger bands I’ve remembered the venue seeming larger. 

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

( but for example, iirc jigsaw saw gazette in munich in 2007 during the golden years and it was half empty, which I could not imagine happening nowdays. )

I can attest to this, lol. It was a bit sad to see, but the band was good at least. :D  The venue was Muffathalle iirc, dunno the exact capacity.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Thanks for your insights! 

Fewer shows, bigger venues makes sense. 👓

So I can take my time contemplating on whether to get a ticket or not...

Impulsively bought a ticket for NYC, it is going to be a very silly commute by bus for me. I've never seen them live as well. :)

On 1/27/2019 at 7:56 PM, TheZigzagoon said:

What is everyone hoping to hear them play on this tour? If we get ‘$ocial Riot Machine$’ I’ll be super happy! 

I'd be happy with just Guren, but I don't expect that to happen! I'll also be happy with Utsusemi, Cassie, and Grudge.

The focus is on the new album, but i didnt listen to it much ill see them first in LA so ill report back.

Assuming they will make a poll on FB again like last time, what songs would you guys want to see?

I would die for:

Guren

Dogma

Rage

undying

Rage is fucking mental live so its a must!!!

Edited by -NOVA-

On 3/28/2019 at 5:10 AM, -NOVA- said:

The focus is on the new album, but i didnt listen to it much ill see them first in LA so ill report back.

Assuming they will make a poll on FB again like last time, what songs would you guys want to see?

I would die for:

Guren

Dogma

Rage

undying

Rage is fucking mental live so its a must!!!

Call me crazy but I'm more excited to see the NINTH songs more than any "treats" they might throw our way.

I'd rather be surprised. Like I wasn't expecting Cockroach in NY and that was a fucking blast. 

"Anata no tame no kono inochi" is the song that got me into them and Visual Kei back in 2004 so if they played that at NY this time, I'm going to push so close to the stage, I'll be kissing Ruki's boot.

Also, I would like some surprising B-sides to come out this time

Chijou

Uncertain Sense

VERMIN

Kugutsue

Also, Kare Uta

On 4/1/2019 at 6:42 AM, jduv86 said:

"Anata no tame no kono inochi" is the song that got me into them and Visual Kei back in 2004 so if they played that at NY this time, I'm going to push so close to the stage, I'll be kissing Ruki's boot.

There is no chance that they'll play "Anata no tame no kono inochi" or any other old/rare song.
They only play their old, rare songs during special occasions. It would be amazing though!  

Their latest setlists are pretty boring, predictable and disappointing.

Still hoping they will give us something to get excited about.

Edited by vkei

Going to the New york show. Hopefully it will have a good setlist. It is sad they wont play the oldies but its ok. As long as they play some stuff that i can rock out to idc and its the gazette lol i only get to see a visual kei band in the U.S like once or twice a year thats it if that ill be lucky the crowd will be amped up i hope so.  :rawk:

Gonna be going to VIP Toronto and VIP LA.

I wouldn't expect much for B-side songs since Ruki posted on his IG that they were going to play "easy songs" for the wt. So I'm guessing mostly PV songs like last time. And probably some NINTH songs sprinkled in too. That being said though, I'd die to hear "Without a Trace" live

6 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/live/8509428/the-gazette-world-tour-los-angeles-japanese-rock-band

This article references something being released on June 13th, anyone know anything about that?

It sounds like a documentary from the way its worded but its too vague to take seriously. I dont know.

31 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/live/8509428/the-gazette-world-tour-los-angeles-japanese-rock-band

This article references something being released on June 13th, anyone know anything about that?

That's the day NINTH was released last year

45 minutes ago, Axius said:

It sounds like a documentary from the way its worded but its too vague to take seriously. I dont know.

I kind of hope so because I’d be so interested!

17 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

That's the day NINTH was released last year

It’s actually so unreal that Ninth is almost a year old holy shit!

DgHGq3T.jpg

Merch in LA

edit: some designs and bears sold out so this isn't everything. 

Setlist

FALLING

NINTH ODD SMELL

VORTEX

GUSH

BIZARRE

THE MORTAL

その声は脆く

UNDYING

ABHOR GOD

UGLY

TWO OF A KIND