Manji 卍

NAZARE

21539_ih9bqd.jpg

NAZARE was formed by ex-DIMLIM's drummer Issei in August 2018 and held its first concert on November 3rd.

OFFICIAL SITE ,  TWITTER , INSTA , YOUTUBE

MEMBERS: 

Vocal: Mio (澪)

Guitar: Yoh (妖) 

Bass: Uta (うた)

Drums: Issei (壱世) (ex-D.I.D., DIMLIM)

Edited by Manji 卍

this is totally unnespected to me,but i kinda love this band already.i mean...it's catchy.

Despide of all the shit that involves the production,with unnecessary synths and house beats,cheesy gang vocals,etc,each member did it's own job,but MIO (vox) carried the album,actually.I've played  their full length a couple of times from the first to the last track and i didn't feel like i wanted to skip one.MIO's similarity with SHO is real,the only difference is that SHO has a darker and kyo-esque approach and looking at NAZARE,i feel the Nokubura energy with some DIMLIM moments.This band deserves your attention,if you're looking for some "different"and vivid metalcore stuff in general,and considering that 荊海 (Jingai) was their first release,is too early to form any solid opinion.

Edited by Manji 卍

Currently i hate Issei, he has been getting involved in a lot of problems and this is too annoying, and your new album it was not good or bad

I was tempted to turn the album off after two tracks but I kept at it and it was pretty alright. Judas is a really good track. Vocalist (definitely hearing the sho similarities) was the best part and he'll hopefully get better. I'd prefer the band to kick issei out and do a dimlim (probably like everyone else) but otherwise I just wish issei would try writing something that isn't deathcore for once.

Edit: Just realised I listened to this on shuffle somehow so the first two sentences don't make much sense 😕

Edited by Tanishi

Mixed feelings... this album is looong. Definitely carried by the vocals but I like their vibe. The deathcore tracks get intense and the poppier ones have surprisingly catchy choruses - 受難 in particular caught my attention on YouTube because of that after the initial impression that this was just another dark screamy band. It's nice to see another vocalist on the scene with solid gutturals and cleans though, a lot of the really intense metalcore-kei bands suffer from poor or repetitive cleans imo. (Highs are a little nasal though XD) Instrumentation is nice if a little messy composition-wise at times and with occasional unnecessary elements, but a very solid and surprisingly dense release for a new band, especially considering they managed to record a whole album's worth of songs just for a run of 250 copies. Just trying to get one for myself now, it's so damn expensive lol.

Edited by Shmilly

issei has a lot of good ideas,but always overproduce his compositions,adding too much stuff,making it sound all-over the place.Personally,i'd rather see a tighter and simplist production (like JUDAS) stead of so much different elements.MIO is  competent enough to stand up in every track and make it memorable,they don't need so much attractives to capture the listener's attention.

Edited by Manji 卍

i wish they were a bit more polished. they'll release a bunch of new songs with their next album and if they will sound as messy as these ones it'll be a waste of good material.

Was there any info on who produced/mixed the album?

There it is another reason to make their music more available to anyone willing to pay for it: with more money they could hire a better engineer to make their albums sound better (which usually costs more). I kinda have the feel that Issei himself mixes the music. While the music sounds less mechanic than Various-era Dimlim, with less overtly digital-sounding guitars and slightly less triggered drums (or maybe he got better samples to trigger?), the ultra-low tuning of the guitars and bass make the mix sound really messy. Toning down the synths and strings and stuff could help to make their mix sound clearer. Hell, he can even look at tutorials on YT, you can find a lot of videos about mixing and stuff for most DAWs.

The album is somewhat decent! Of course it's no Dimlim, Issei is still an asshole and I'd never give him my money, but it's a decent beginning for someone with such a reputation like him.

That was a great interview!  They seem pretty decent dudes actually, you wouldn't get Issei's bad rep just from that interview (granted, a lot of artists have to "act" for interviews to create a nice image). I'd tought he is that dead-serious guy who doesn't have a sense of humour at all, but there he is cracking jokes and messing with the bandmates (which makes it really really odd that he had that shitstorm over something as inocuous as that meme).

Pretty weird that Mio said he doesn't listen to metal that much. I wonder how the hell there are so many vocalists who absolutely nail harsh vocals but go "i'm not really into that lol". I wonder to whom the diss tracks might be directed though (if it was Issei who wrote the lyrics I'd be pretty sure though lol).

Love this bit:

What about your individual goals for 2019? 

Uta: (to Yoh) Increase the number of guitar strings? 9 strings! (laugh)

Edited by kuyashii

all lyrics are written by mio, but there are cases when composer of the song tells mio what the songs is about and according to composer's image Mio writes the lyrics. as far as i know issei told mio his vision of judas, which is about a betrayer and uta told him about junan. but i dunno what kind of betrayal is judas about, because, like, their whole concept is built on christianity..things, like, the band name itself, jesus is pictured in the band logo, and judas is the first song. so, maybe judas is just based on the bible story or issei meant some betrayal which took place in his personal life.

oh i forgot that in the same interview issei said that people who know him for a long time will understand what judas is about so yeah.

The series of tweets in question don't exist anymore (I suppose the girl protected her twitter or something) but the explanation is there. It would be cool if someone had them screencapped, Issei deserves all the infamy he gets :)

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/49747-dimlim/?tab=comments#comment-586456

That and how he flat out refuses to make his music more available

I am... really surprised about this first release. I did not expect to like it at all and it hooked me. 

I know nothing about music production so I can't say much about the mixing, but I do know I have heard worse production and more saturated compositions, and Mio's vocals did everything for me.

To my ears, this is a better debut that DIMLIM's, so I'll be paying attention to these guys. Too bad Issei's in the band though.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:01 AM, yomii said:

oh i forgot that in the same interview issei said that people who know him for a long time will understand what judas is about so yeah.

DIMLIM DRAMA HOOOOONEEEYYY

4 hours ago, chipathy said:

Team Retsu tbh 

Tbh they're both assholes but the main difference is that Retsu is just young and stubborn and Issei is an actual steaming piece of shit.

Mio and Uta are actually fans of Dimlim. There's no bad blood between the bands. It's 100% Retsu vs Issei.

At first I was really reluctant to try out Nazare because of Issei but I actually kinda like them enough to want to check them out live. My friends told me their first oneman was fun so I'm hoping to go to their next one at Edge.

Mio's not Sho but he's also really good for a noob.

The mixing of the album is fucking terrible though.

11 hours ago, Duwang said:

Mio's not Sho but he's also really good for a noob.

The mixing of the album is fucking terrible though.

It's almost as if Isseis skills are in talent scouting and not making music (DIMLIM improved after he left) and certainly not in mixing/mastering (everything sounds awful that he's had a hand in the recording process). 

Perhaps he should form a label instead of bands, being an asshole is pretty much mandatory for that job anyway.