Manji 卍

NAZARE

19 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

Just listened to Nazare’s first album and I feel the same way as I did with early dimlim. I like a few tracks and dislike the others. They have a lot of potential 

I still don't know how to feel about the full length, heard it a few times and there are some killer bits here and there, but generally it doesn't seem to be able to grip me massively. Also couple of songs, Mio constantly screeching as high as possible non-stop does force me the really try and resist hitting the skip button. I guess overall I like the album, but not sure I'd go as far to say it was great. Personally was super hyped to hear it when I first found out it was issei who basically wrote the first (technically 3) DIMLIM EP's as all the songs there I absolutely love, but NAZARE didn't live up to that same hype for me.

The new mini feels much better than the album imo, which is strange because I thought these were going to be b-sides or something

It feels better as a package, sure, but when you start picking it apart, it starts to show the same issues as the full-length. Messy compositions, unnecessary out of range singing, guitar-wanking solos just for the sake of it and Mio sounds even more like a pterodactyl in places.

Despite it all, I still love it to bits, same as Jingai, but more so for what it could be, not so much for what it actually is.

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

Sadly, I found it an incomprehensible mess compared to the first album. I didn't enjoy anything on it :(

Funnily enough the messiness is what made me like it better, it makes it more engaging, at least to me than standard (even decently composed) deathcore.

I loved the full-length a lot so I think I maybe had a bit too high expectations for this mini. I do still like it though, but I feel like it's just missing something. Or maybe it's trying to have too much of everything at the same time. The fifth and seventh tracks feel kinda out of place for me.

new release is so. fucking. great. you say it's mess i say it's  d i v e r s i t y  i loved so much in earlier visual kei. really, i can't remember any bands with a similar sound, but i think this is a good example of vk evolution. 

still wish mio didn't try to sing out of his range but it's not a problem for me until dvd or any live footage comes out lol

release is br00tal, according to the last trends, dark in a very vk way, not over-abusing synth, it's almost perfect imo. it would be without last two tracks. 

break it down is a disaster. this just shouldn't have existed. the last track 無慈悲な蒼空 is weak too, mio and issei both overdid it, the solo sounds like too much too lol. sounds like they wanted to show us all they got but it's clearly a fail lol

my fav track is 寡黙と眠り翻弄 so far, i'm a sucker for gothic sound ♡

Edited by yomii

Although I like the first full-length album, but I love this mini-album more.
Honestly I think they improve their sounds a lot in this mini,
Especially Mio uses pig squeals a lot in this record,
and also his whistle voice is not that shrill like in the full-length.
So I think this mini-album is more easy-going for me, I enjoy it a lot!

The only one track I need to complain is "break it down",
they seem to want to fuse other genre or materials in, but it sounds totally failed.
And in 無慈悲な蒼空, Mio is singing out of his range. This is another problem we all know.

In this mini, my favourite track is メアリ, it's so melodic, and the chorus is really catchy,
And I like how uta describe it, A Vkei like sound! I love it so much!

I haven't heard all the songs and most of the songs I heard only once, but this EP feels much less "all over the place" stylistically than the album did, but strangely I think the "messiness" of the full-lenght gave it a bit of character that I feel like the songs I heard lacked. Of course hearing their music with better production is great (despite Issei's drumming still sounding a bit more robotic than I'd like - but I suppose since they recorded everything at his home he might record his parts on an electronic kit) and I'm glad they aren't cluttering the mix with lots of unnecessary bells and whistles but I feel like the songs feel more watered-down.

Kinda bummed that Mio is doing much more inhales on this EP :( Don't really have much to say about his cleans since everyone pointed that already but I'm a tad bummed he's doing it that much (say what you want about it fitting stylistically but I don't really believe it's possible to use inhales that much without having negative effects on his throat). Kinda feel like his harsh vocals sound weaker than they did on the album due to the mixing).

I agree they should stick with the more symphonic gothic thing, the "rave party metal" songs they've done are fairly bad. Issei could invest on some better-sounding orchestral VSTs though, the string sounds he is using sound pretty plastic.

Just had chance to listen to this "Beyond" EP and overall impressions are that it's not terribly special, maybe it'll take some re-listens to get fully into it. Firstly I really enjoyed the original/instrumental version Issei released of "Beyond the lost happiness" a lot more, a lot of the best parts about it have been taken out or simplified.... Also there were a few other songs that at times just got me thinking "what the hell are they doing? How did they even think this was cool?" haha. + The SE mid-way through is pretty bad. I know that probably sounds like I have a really negative opinion of it, but actually I didn't NOT enjoy it, just didn't think it's anything worth raving about and 100% glad I didn't spend the 10,000 yen to get the physical copy. But will give it a couple more listens at some point and see if it grows at all. I'll also admit now I did pre-order the IDEAL single... So yeah, don't totally hate the band or anything obviously. 😛

Finally sat down to listen...and threw 'break it down' into the trash before I even started lol.
First off I almost didn't make it through the album before posting cause 寡黙と眠り翻弄 is EXACTLY what I wanted, I had said before i wanted more of that voice from the first album, I love it so much. Definitely my favorite song of theirs as of now.
For the rest, I also really loved 'neglect' ..the deep bass dissonance is everything I want. The discord in 軽蔑された愛情と man it's great, I think I prefer this album slightly more overall.
My only complaints are the random pig squeals that don't follow any sort of flow, almost like "hey we didn't know what to put here?..." It was my only problem with the first album too. There are of course places it fits and I like squeals, but some feel REAL out of place and not in a sexy fun chaotic way.

i'm excited for the new PV track (maybe cuz it sounds like aharewata...shhhhh). I feel like the whole issei vs retsu drama is good news for br00tal kei fans because their respective bands seem to be getting better as they continue to 'compete' for abare kei supremacy lolol. The gya need a new band to follow after nokubura imploded so...good timing.

8 hours ago, emmny said:

i'm excited for the new PV track (maybe cuz it sounds like aharewata...shhhhh). I feel like the whole issei vs retsu drama is good news for br00tal kei fans because their respective bands seem to be getting better as they continue to 'compete' for abare kei supremacy lolol. The gya need a new band to follow after nokubura imploded so...good timing.

Hahaha yeah totally agree there, those drums in particular are VERY similar in places. :P But I'm kind of interested to hear the single as upto this point I feel like they've just been trying to discover "their sound" and evidentally from the first couple of releases there is a lot of different slightly more experimental stuff going on so guess these tracks are the first of "their style" which are down solidly. If that makes sense? So feel these few tracks will be pretty tight.

There is a Retsu/Issei drama? Obviously I know that Issei used to be in DIMLIM but I thought he more or less was told to leave the band due to Issei generally being a bellpipe to the other band members/staff/fans/basically everyone....haha and as Issei wanted to control all the writing whereas the other members wanted to do some as well, (remember seeing somewhere Issei saying that he didn't feel he could have as much of a creative output in DIMLIM as he'd like) mainly Retsu for what I can gather. Didn't know it was exactly an on-going drama, but if there is something like that, feel free to fill me in on the details. haha.

I love the song ' Unknown ".. i prefer when the singer stay in his comfort zone and don't try to sing to high. And this song is very catchy.

With a better sound producer they could go very far :)

Edited by Kirito

with only 2 CDs and a shitton of songs already and more to come soon i only can say I LOVE every single song they released so far - really an absolutely outstanding band imo.

Anyone else catch "Sense of distrust" that was released on line? (Seems to be taken from the CODA single) Not sure what to make of the track to be honest, some cool riffs and moments in there but has that usual kind of "messy" sound that Nazare seem to be really great at with a very mediocre chorus. Not necessarily bad, just a bit weird. haha.

I don't really get this "br00tal dark verses, supermelodic major key chorus" thing tbh, it seems like they are trying to appease all audiences possible in the same song and I don't think they are suceeding. As an improvement, I like how Mio proved to be more tolerable when he's not singing so much outside his comfortable range, which is a great thing! 

51 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

br00tal dark verses, supermelodic major key chorus

a whole half of vk, you mean? i've deleted hundreds of thousand of songs after the first listening because of that and nazare are doing it relatively good imo 

Yeah that's definitely one of my biggest issues with the majority of heavy vk bands but I think the "dark symphonic gothic" vibe fitted Nazare better than that, since IMO  they've been doing that better than the other vibes they tried (the "big  atmospheric" thing, the "rave party" and the poppy major key ones).

On 6/3/2019 at 2:58 PM, kuyashii said:

Yeah that's definitely one of my biggest issues with the majority of heavy vk bands but I think the "dark symphonic gothic" vibe fitted Nazare better than that, since IMO  they've been doing that better than the other vibes they tried (the "big  atmospheric" thing, the "rave party" and the poppy major key ones).

I think that's more or less the reason I can't fully take to NAZARE, like they aren't bad their just so damn all over the place. It's good to have variation but there just seems to be little inconsistency, songs are often a jumbled mess and full releases end up being kind of incoherent. I did think for what they put out with the sample of "IDEAL" that seemed to be the most consistent thing they've done, have taken a chance and pre-ordered it so look forward to hearing that when it gets here. Maybe they have finally found and settled on a specific style.

Honestly this bands pretty bad but for some reason I can't stop listening to them everyday because I have bad taste. If they had a better vocalist and dropped the shitty rave-kei songs they'd be one of the best vk bands around imo. I like the songwriting much more than early dimlim.

17 hours ago, Kirito said:

Their guitar tuning is.... for me way too low.. i dont understand why they need such thing

Yeah I've actually thought the same thing tbh, the use of the 8th string seems totally un-necessary and even if they'd stuck to 7 strings it'd sound way better as some of the riffs get pretty muddy and hard to make out, and with 7 strings would have way more clarity. Like some of those riffs are kind of cool but because it just sounds so sludgy and messy it doesn't do the riffs justice at all.

They recently had a live limited mini album (jingai beyond) which was easy to find, but this release seems to be one of those impossible releases, will it be like that?