Manji 卍

NAZARE

3 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

It's almost as if Isseis skills are in talent scouting and not making music (DIMLIM improved after he left) and certainly not in mixing/mastering (everything sounds awful that he's had a hand in the recording process). 

Perhaps he should form a label instead of bands, being an asshole is pretty much mandatory for that job anyway. 

But he has to milk the bangya money to finance his label. All of the kusomen did it that way.

Second opinion time.

So I got a copy of the album, listened to it through a few times in CD quality, and it's really grown on me. There's more variety than people make out (admittedly mostly thanks to songs not written by Issei) and the mixing isn't god-awful. Agreed, it's not quite professional studio-level quality but for a first release recorded in an apartment, it's not bad at all. I would say that the second press is a good purchase since it includes most of the good tracks and leaves out the instrumental fillers. I do really like unknown though and Blink is good apart from the highs.

As for the whole 'Issei is a dick' conversation, all I have to say is that his personality or private life don't have any bearing on his musical talent or whether or not you can enjoy the band's music. The dude's a good drummer, has a good ear for upcoming talent, and writes decent stuff. Not condoning his attitude or behaviour in the past, but as far as the music goes it's irrelevant in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Shmilly said:

Second opinion time.

So I got a copy of the album, listened to it through a few times in CD quality, and it's really grown on me. There's more variety than people make out (admittedly mostly thanks to songs not written by Issei) and the mixing isn't god-awful. Agreed, it's not quite professional studio-level quality but for a first release recorded in an apartment, it's not bad at all. I would say that the second press is a good purchase since it includes most of the good tracks and leaves out the instrumental fillers. I do really like unknown though and Blink is good apart from the highs.

As for the whole 'Issei is a dick' conversation, all I have to say is that his personality or private life don't have any bearing on his musical talent or whether or not you can enjoy the band's music. The dude's a good drummer, has a good ear for upcoming talent, and writes decent stuff. Not condoning his attitude or behaviour in the past, but as far as the music goes it's irrelevant in my opinion.

about all the issei drama i can't agree more with you. and yes, it's a decent work  for a first release, not every band can afford such a good quality production as kizu, for instance.

could i ask you the information about who composed which song?~

Just now, yomii said:

could i ask you the information about who composed which song?~

Sure. Most of them are credited as 'Music: Issei' but there's a couple of exceptions. 受難 (junan) is credited to Uta, Believing to Yoh, another DAY to Mio, and 色失 (shokushitsu? iro-ushinai?) and SAD[ist.] were apparently composed by Tsubasa (ex-DIMLIM, I guess). Lyrics are all credited to Mio, and it seems Issei produced the instrumental tracks solo.

4 minutes ago, Shmilly said:

Sure. Most of them are credited as 'Music: Issei' but there's a couple of exceptions. 受難 (junan) is credited to Uta, Believing to Yoh, another DAY to Mio, and 色失 (shokushitsu? iro-ushinai?) and SAD[ist.] were apparently composed by Tsubasa (ex-DIMLIM, I guess). Lyrics are all credited to Mio, and it seems Issei produced the instrumental tracks solo.

so Mio composed too! i thought he only wrote all the lyrics. impressive for a total novice in music, i can hear some european rock influence in it. i also like both tsubasa's songs. but so far it seems issei wrote the best ones. although the variety of songs sounds refreshing, just as you said.

about composing 受難 uta told like "i tried to combine best metal and visual kei traits in the song but whatever i compose turns out to be visual kei in the end" lol

1 minute ago, chipathy said:

Surprising Tsubasa is involved, support member possibly ?

initially he was to be nazare's bassist but then he told issei he'd like to quit rock music

so yoh contacted uta

Interesting that Issei isn't the only one who composes for the band. Does anyone know if the other members had any writing credits back when he still was in DIMLIM (save for Sho being the lyricist, of course)? I vaguely remember some track (Massacre?) being credited to Tsubasa

Just started playing the album. First impression is that it's pitch black and very dense, totally committed to being loud, dark and asphyxiating in the way it's produced and composed. Songs are loaded with shit despite being a bit of a toning down from early DIMLIM, and I like it. My first impression is that it's like this mix of early DIMLIM and a little bit some late 00's nu metal like Unsraw and shit like that. The vocals are awesome with enough personality to be able to be picked out from a line, while still being technically totally acceptable even when they retain this roughness that's characteristic of visual kei. Loads of early DIMLIM and heavier nokubura material callbacks in the songs, which is nice although it doesn't really reach the peaks they sometimes did. I haven't even finished the album yet tho so we'll see. 

For me personally this album won't have as long of a shelf-life as it will to other people who are fans of this style, and for them it should definitely suffice. 

Edit: Am I getting a little bored? yyeeaah probably

Edit 2: This is why you don't write about anything before you've even listened to it.  Idk if I'll spin this again but I'll relisten to some tracks in a bit. Definitely gets more early DIMLIM-esque in the second half although I suppose my earlier comments still hold some water. The best moments I reckon are the first two tracks by a country mile, or that one just gets exhausted of this kind of music when it's not top shelf in what it's doing. Anything further I'll suppose I will write in my 2019 ratings list. 

Edited by Disposable

Was expecting the "missing" songs from the original rips to actually be something and they were just SEs. I can get away with one, but three? It's just lazy. 

They didn't really add anything to the album, but stand-alonely they were slightly better than the ones on Chedoara. 

Surprised there isn't more of a buzz for this album! I've spun it quite a few times now and for a first album I think it's great! Like Chedoara it has its pros and cons but I think I actually regard both albums as equals. 

And damn, that vocalist is good. Those high pitched screams are something else. 

The only thing I really can't stand on the album is the guitar tone on some tracks. The sweeps end up sounding really ugly at times. 

Good album, even though it drags halfway on. It might be the fact that I don't usually like lots of screaming in my music which leads me to getting overwhelmed after 6 songs lol but it's definitely worth a listen and I'll be keeping an eye on this band. 

For me this album is a total blast. there's not one single track on it i dislike and imo this is issei's best work in his career - and about Mio's amazing vocal skills i guess everything has been said by now. he's AMAZING!!!

18 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I’m halfway thru the album now and I can’t take much more of this. I can tell I’m old, because outside of like three songs this is all noise to me. 

Funny enough I think I enjoyed the softer songs the most

2 hours ago, chipathy said:

I cant give enough of a fuck to make my own thread but I guess new single confirmed? Can anyone tell if this is also live limited lol

Yep, it was already mentioned in this thread:

Seems to be live limited too...

Glad to see I'm not the only person getting fed up of NAZARE and all their live limited releases, especially as from what I've heard they are actually pretty damn awesome. Am interested to keep seeing what they do, but seriously, is getting to be a bit of a drag now.

Just listened to Nazare’s first album and I feel the same way as I did with early dimlim. I like a few tracks and dislike the others. They have a lot of potential