monkeybanana4

神樂, (Kagrra,)

I was perusing through the artist forum, and I was surprised that a Kagrra, thread was never made in this section, so here it is. Even though they disbanded in 2011 (and sadly are never coming back), this band definitely deserves much love. Let me know if I made any mistakes ^^

542265603ffb482087ccc950e35d5cbd.jpg#542

Members

Vocalist: 一志 (Isshi)

Guitarist: 楓弥 (Akiya)

Guitarist & Koto: 真 (Shin)

Bassist: 女雅 (Nao)

Drummer: 白水 (Izumi)

More info links on Kagrra,

https://vk.gy/artists/kagrra/

https://www.last.fm/music/Kagrra,

Releases

神樂, (Kagrra,)

[1999.06.13] 百夜絵 (Hyakuyae) 

[2000.06.21] 恋綴魂 (Kotodama)

[2000.12.01] 鵺 (Nue) [First press]

[2000.03.03] 鵺 (Nue) [Second press]

[2001.03.03] 桜 (Sakura) [First press]

[2001.04.27] 「幻惑の情景」(Genwaku no Jyoukei)

[2001.05.26] 「眩暈」(Memai)

[2001.06.29]「神謌」(Kami Uta)

[2001.07.21] 「徒然なるままに」(Tsurezure naru mama ni)

[2001.10.03] 彩 (Irodori)

[2002.03.06] 桜 (Sakura) [Second press]

[2002.04.03] 「~夢イズル地~」 (~Yume izuru chi~)

[2002.05.01] 煌 (Kirameki)

[2002.05.05] 「いろはにほへと」(Iroha ni hoheto)

[2002.05.05] 「案山子」(Kakashi)

[2002.06.16] 「~夢イズル地~」(~Yume izuru chi~)

[2002.10.04] 「恋綴魂」(Kotodama)

[2002.10.04] 「桜舞い散るあの丘で」(Sakura maichiru ano oka de)

[2002.12.11] gozen 

[2003.05.28] 「春麗ら」 (Haru urara)

[2003.07.30] 「夜伽噺」(Yotogi banashi )

[2003.09.24] 桜花爛漫 (Ouka Ranman)

[2004.01.01] 「愁」(Urei)

[2004.03.03] 京 (Miyako)

[2004.10.27] 憶 (Omou)

[2005.01.20] 凛 (Rin)

[2005.07.20] 燦 (San)

[2005.08.01] 幻影の貌 (Genei no katachi)

[2005.08.01] 沙羅双樹の子護唄 (Sarasouju no komoriuta)

[2006.02.01] 誓ノ月 (Chikai no Tsuki)

[2006.11.22] うたかた (Utakata)

[2007.02.14] 雫 (Shizuku)

[2008.01.09] Core

[2008.09.10] 渦 (Uzu)

[2009.04.01] 珠 (Shu)

[2009.10.21] 四季 (Shiki)

[2010.06.16] 月に斑雲 紫陽花に雨 (Tsuki ni Murakumo Hana ni Ame)

[2010.08.11] 白ゐ嘘 (Shiroi Uso)

[2011.02.02] 百鬼絢爛 (Hyakki Kenran)

[2011.06.29] Kagrra, Indies Best 2000-2003

shiki∞project~志鬼陰謀~ (一志 [Isshi's] solo project)

[2011.04.02] 屍楽園 (shirakuen)

[2011.09.09] 羅紗桜 (Rasasakura)

[2011.12.07] 紅葉 (Kouyou)

Edited by monkeybanana4

I will never forget when I received their Hisai live DVD the Christmas of the year it came out and I replayed that thing for weeks. One of the most consistently fantastic bands I've ever heard. I remember the phase in their career where they stopped using Fukaya Yuichiro's illustrations for their CD artwork and I was shook. When they started using them again I was overjoyed. I can't even pick favourite songs with Kagrra, because there are too many to list. 😭❤️

Edited by Paraph

Their singles/album covers were so aesthetically pleasing and beautiful. It conveyed a sense of traditional Japanese cultural themes, and I deeply appreciated it. They produced a unique sound by blending Western instruments alongside the koto and developed a sound in which I haven't heard any band play (since Kagrra,). Most bands look to the West for inspiration, but they looked back to their own country and were able to compose unforgettable songs.

By the way, I still get such a nostalgic yet sad feeling whenever I watch their last live. It was such a great show. I also liked that they played their older songs as well.

I really liked them and was so sad when they first disbanded and then Isshi died. I still follow Nao(ki) on twitter.

Is it known what any of the other members are up to by now?

Kagrra, will forever be one of the main pillars of my music taste and a band that will always be very dear to me. I miss them terribly and I am still waiting for a newcomer to pick up where they left off, no band has yet come close to what these guys delivered and I am so sad to see most of them vanished from the scene.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:56 AM, MissConduct said:

I really liked them and was so sad when they first disbanded and then Isshi died. I still follow Nao(ki) on twitter.

Is it known what any of the other members are up to by now?

Nao has his own thing but I can’t remember the name and I can’t seem to find a way to pull it up. 

@nomemorial's status post got me on a Kagrra, binge (on YouTube), and I found one of their lives where they play some of their older songs. Watching it just makes me really wish I could have gone to at least one of their lives before they disappeared ;w;

開花宣言 is amazing! I think they messed up releasing it so close to 秘祭, which is the concert most people talked about back then.

Anyway, the setlist to this one is incredible. The performance of "母へ…" at 18:50 haunts me to this day, it's brilliant. Isshi's vocals are actually heartbreaking at 21:36 and 22:00 onwards.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:46 PM, Saishu said:

Nao has his own thing but I can’t remember the name and I can’t seem to find a way to pull it up. 

Fantasista?

5 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

@nomemorial's status post got me on a Kagrra, binge (on YouTube), and I found one of their lives where they play some of their older songs. Watching it just makes me really wish I could have gone to at least one of their lives before they disappeared ;w;

WOW amazed this entire thing is on YouTube. Cannot wait to watch through. 

Hypothetical scenario: Kagrra are coming back for a one day reunion live and you have been chosen to pick a vocalist. Who do you pick?

The new malice mizer tribute bd got me thinking this.

Edited by Tanishi

I listened a lot to their discography these days... I like the mysterious aspect of their music. Not many bands developed such atmosphere.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:31 AM, Tanishi said:

Hypothetical scenario: Kagrra are coming back for a one day reunion live and you have been chosen to pick a vocalist. Who do you pick?

It's hard to think of any vocalist who could emulate Isshi's voice and charm. But I'd be interested to see who would step up to the plate, I'd like to see the band together again for a tribute one day.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:31 AM, Tanishi said:

Keiyuu from Kra. We'd probably end up with Aoi from Ayabie though since Nao seems to be good friends with him.

I think the one thing that disappointed me when it came to some of my Vkei friends back then is how they always slept on Kagrra,. Though nowadays if any of my friends bring them up I cry.

My friend sent me a pic of a cassette tape she found when they started out as Crow. She got it for me, I feel like I'm in debt to her for that one ;A; 

Miyako is my favorite album but the mini albums before that are really the ones that have the deepest ties to my heart. The urei single's B-side track is soo amazing too. 

Every time I listen to kagrra though I cry like a little B. (/ _ ; )

Yesterday i listen again to Miyako and you are right it's a really really a great one... It's tough to chose between San and Miyako.

I think my favorite part are the songs with a more mysterious atmosphere, so unique

Haven't really listened to them in a while, but I do have most of their albums on my CD shelf and got to see them live too. They were a wonderful band 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, ghostpepper said:

but the mini albums before that are really the ones that have the deepest ties to my heart

This basically.

I have a Miyako poster on my wall... but I think my fave album is Gozen. Very sentimental for me... it was one of the first new albums I bought from Japan and I feel like in 2002 that was no easy task.

7 hours ago, The Reverend said:

This basically.

I have a Miyako poster on my wall... but I think my fave album is Gozen. Very sentimental for me... it was one of the first new albums I bought from Japan and I feel like in 2002 that was no easy task.

Haha, yes back then it was so crazy expensive too. remember begging my mother to see the logic of paying around 80-100$ to get me miyavi's solo cd for xmas and nothing else. (≖ᴗ≖๑)ニヒッ

Edited by ghostpepper