suji

DEZERT new double A-side single, "血液がない! (Ketsueki ga Nai!) / Call of Rescue" release

On 3/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, Zeus said:

Oh well, not the first time I've pretended like a band disbanded.

All this reminds me of the D'espa/Alice Nine days lol.

1 minute ago, YuyoDrift said:

All this reminds me of the D'espa/Alice Nine days lol.

There's a slight difference for me. I was in denial with D'espairsRay. They had elements of their old sound that would pop in now and again, but I could sense they had moved on and I lived for those rare throw back moments. DEZERT is legitimately over for me. There doesn't appear to be any, and I'm not sticking around on the off chance they record one more song that's a watered down rehash of some leftover B-side they shelved three years ago.

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There's a slight difference for me. I was in denial with D'espairsRay. They had elements of their old sound that would pop in now and again, but I could sense they had moved on and I lived for those rare throw back moments. DEZERT is legitimately over for me. There doesn't appear to be any, and I'm not sticking around on the off chance they record one more song that's a watered down rehash of some leftover B-side they shelved three years ago.

I mean, I had just typed out a big explanation on my thoughts regarding DEZERT (and bands like these in general), both in this thread and the DAMY review you posted.

But why beat a dead horse, ya know?

Edit: Never posted them b/c of said reason

37 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I mean, I had just typed out a big explanation on my thoughts regarding DEZERT (and bands like these in general), both in this thread and the DAMY review you posted.

But why beat a dead horse, ya know?

Edit: Never posted them b/c of said reason

You should have posted them.

I find it fascinating that girugamesh (which is their closest comparison popularity/scene comeup wise) had a full good major album and a bunch of decent singles/EPs or something like that before going down the drain,

those hussiez haven't been bothered enough to repeat same formula at least to get that major gig bookedT and went straight for the one ok rock imitation except with vaguely visual outfits

I'm shook I can't wait to see all of this crash and burn tbh

Edited by nekkichi

58 minutes ago, lollipopmonstar said:

I've never liked DEZERT, but since TODAY I feel so connected to them! For me, "Call of Rescue" is perfect! "Stranger" is simply the best song of the single! I hope you continue on this path!

Run, you surely are going to get slaughtered here!

Since there are many old-Dezert hardcore fans, I thought one of you could explain the meaning behind the lyrics and PV for Ikaiyo to Rosseau no shikkaku? I've always loved that song, and wondered about why they would use a not-sure-if-he-is-a-psychopath-or-psychotic gay guy history to portray the concept...

as a title-nashi-head,i think this should be their alter-ego band and call it   肋骨少女 (rokotsu shoujo), since i've seen that name once in one of their concerts,and it's like a hit from them,it would be a cool touch,thus giving the  DEZERT style/band  a proper hiatus,and not just killing it's legacy like they've been doing.The song is pretty good,we don't have a decent emo-kei band in the scene,only the CHANGE that annoys us.

Edited by Euronymous

7 hours ago, saiko said:

Since there are many old-Dezert hardcore fans, I thought one of you could explain the meaning behind the lyrics and PV for Ikaiyo to Rosseau no shikkaku? I've always loved that song, and wondered about why they would use a not-sure-if-he-is-a-psychopath-or-psychotic gay guy history to portray the concept...

13 hours ago, Euronymous said:

The song is pretty good,we don't have a decent emo-kei band in the scene,only the CHANGE that annoys us.

Yep, pretty much this.

I love this track, no use grieving about old dezert bc its totally gone now :( Wish their pop song structures were a bit more unconventional, they have great sense of melody but they should do more with it

The people who fuck with new dezert are for the most part to me like the people who listen to deviloof and nokubura but ignore western metalcore. There is so much superior indie shit out there that this cannot come off as anything other than as flaccid mediocrity to anyone who’s familiar with the stuff. Then again knowing this board where for some people avoiding classics and canonical albums is almost like a point of pride, the wilfull ignorance doesn’t surprise me one bit.

59 minutes ago, Disposable said:

The people who fuck with new dezert are for the most part to me like the people who listen to deviloof and nokubura but ignore western metalcore. There is so much superior indie shit out there that this cannot come off as anything other than as flaccid mediocrity to anyone who’s familiar with the stuff. Then again knowing this board where for some people avoiding classics and canonical albums is almost like a point of pride, the wilfull ignorance doesn’t surprise me one bit.

"I'm pissed because people don't listen to what I want them to listen to and therefore are inferior and so is their music taste".

Edit: Yes, I agree there is superior indie shit, but there's two factors that weight in Dezert's favor; an already existing fondness for the artist and nostalgia, both factors that usually keep most people from ditching certain music and moving on to something else.

Edited by Komorebi

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

"I'm pissed because people don't listen to what I want them to listen to and therefore are inferior and so is their music taste".

Edit: Yes, I agree there is superior indie shit, but there's two factors that weight in Dezert's favor; an already existing fondness for the artist and nostalgia, both factors that usually keep most people from ditching certain music and moving on to something else.

fair fucks to anyone who goes about shouting their opinion about this and that with a sub 500 artist last.fm chart, but I do also know that they're not much farther removed from pre-school children in their opinions and ought to not be listened to. the only people triggered by a comment like this are the ones who recognise themselves as the targets of it. 

12 hours ago, Disposable said:

There is so much superior indie shit out there that this cannot come off as anything other than as flaccid mediocrity to anyone who’s familiar with the stuff.

My dear Dispo,

WHATEVER

DO

YOU

MEAN?!?

source.gif

ahahaha, i'm just fuckin withchall. I like the song. :lol:

forget about Call of Rescue and just listen to good jindie bands who are actually good at emoting

stan cinema staff

On 4/19/2019 at 1:41 AM, saishuu said:

forget about Call of Rescue and just listen to good jindie bands who are actually good at emoting

stan cinema staff

DEZERT outsold this animu trash...NEXT!

4 hours ago, deadman said:

😂😂 New dezert song from their official channel

FINALLY THEY HAVE COME BACK TO TAITORU NASHI ERA OMFFGGGGG!!!! YAASSSSSSS