suji

DEZERT new double A-side single, "血液がない! (Ketsueki ga Nai!) / Call of Rescue" release

Well... it sounds like a solid song, so good for them I guess.

That said, I think this is where I'm officially dropping off the DEZERT train cuz it's clear where they're headed stylistically. It's not that I don't like this style but if I wanna listen to DEZERT this is not the kind of stuff I wanna hear, if that makes sense. I know, I know, "musical growth" and "progress" and stuff like that, but to me this sounds like a completely different band and not a gradual organic transition.

I like what I hear, so far.

And considering this seems like a chorus, the heavy might still be hidden somewhere (Even MUCC release the occasional heavy track and they have every shade of DEZERT lipstick on their dick), tho I wouldn't hold my breath, considering the first few notes transitioning into the chorus.

Spoiler

But still...

KOtmRBn.jpg

Edited by 123Sandman321

this sounds like the exact same thing pretty much every non-vk j-indie band has been doing for the last decade+, what the fuck

I'm already laughing at the fact that there will be people who will listen to this all day while simultaneously not even shrugging their shoulders in the direction of all the J-indie music that's all this, but better. 

15yo me would've gone crazy for the song if it was the OP to like, bakemonogatari. I also like the emo song, im sorry.

Seeing Y'all complaining so much takes me back to MUCC's Ryuusei/Gokusai days. People were all screaming MUCC IS DEEEAD, then they released LIBRA and people were YESSS MUCC IS ALIVE!

'Karma' killed MUCC again, just to be revived again few releases later...

I don't know where all the doomsayers were when they released songs like 遮光事実, さくらの詩, 肋骨少女, 遭難, 大塚ヘッドロック, 胃潰瘍とルソーの錯覚, 軽蔑, 脳姦少年, 「追落」 -ついらく-, 問題作, ピクトグラムさん...

I'm pretty excited about call of rescue, not so much about the other one. I still expect great things about them

I commented without realizing the new MV lol. They sound like a totally different band,and that MV ruined the whole experience.dunno what to think

Edited by Manji 卍

i agree that this really could be a good op for some nice anime like noragami i must same

it's actually a shame that they missed an opportunity to make some coins and get more exposure

as far as i can understand it, that's what they're aiming at, judging by their change of style and that clinging to mucc thing

Color me all of the shades of not surprised.

I warned you guys in my TODAY review that this is where they were going to go, and I warned you in the split-single review that just because they can be heavy doesn't mean that they are going to stay heavy. I hate to write off a loss but I've sat through too many renditions of bands losing their way trying to redefine themselves with a "lighter, more accessible sound". Bands seem to be confusing accessibility with  being interesting; plenty of musicians are able to write interesting and compelling folk, pop, and rock music. This change seems too heavy handed for me. They threw out everything they've cultivated about their style and replaced it with the most unconvincing outfits and music.

The saddest part is that they tried an experiment by gifting MUCC a song of theirs that fits MUCC like a glove, and MUCC knocked it out of the park, and I still didn't like it. That's indicating to me less that I can't "get over myself", and more that the music is not connecting with me anymore.

Oh well, not the first time I've pretended like a band disbanded.

I'm not sure which J-Rock band I'm listening to, this sounds like a song by The Oral Cigarrettes or any band of that style...

The song per se is not bad and I'll probably keep it around and listen to it every once in a while. But this definitely aint the DEZERT I fell in love with anymore.

Good luck, guys.